Deleted

Will Xelnath ever return?

The way the class is going and her specs is not looking good. Xelnath had vision, but he got fired for some reason.

IDK about vision because it was a work as a team, but one thing he had for sure is PASSION. He played the class, tried to understand both "casuals" and "hardcores" and followed this forum closely. It was from MoP that came the newest mindset from Blizzard about class game design: "Easy to play, harder to master"

Chances of him getting back to WoW is almost 0.
    Not everyone liked his design (although a GREAT deal liked MoP iteration of warlocks and claim it was the best) but if you miss him he's always on his twitter.

That aside, even if EVERYONE disagrees or not with how the class played, one thing we can always agree with is that trying NEW and EXCITING stuff is something Blizzard is lacking for warlocks.
    Thanks for the heads up!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    That aside, even if EVERYONE disagrees or not with how the class played, one thing we can always agree with is that trying NEW and EXCITING stuff is something Blizzard is lacking for warlocks.
    I would say what the did with demonoloogy in Legion was "new and exciting" even though they missed the mark, and BfA seems to be pushing it in the right direction.

But as a Destro Lock, it really does feel like Destruction always has the shortest patch notes with the fewest changes, and I still miss the Burning Embers visual effects and whatnot. Certainly Destruction has never been as good as it was in Mists.

And FWIW, without Xelnath's work on Warlocks in Mists I don't know that we'd have gotten Artifacts, Order Halls, and the Mage Tower in Legion.

Talking

The latest beta version of Windows 10, which is available to users on the Fast Insiders track

Deleted
    Lord and Savior Xelnath won't return to Blizzard I think.

Deleted
    Probably not.

People seem to label him as some amazing design visionary or something, which seems laughable considering how broken and jank a lot of the MOP design was. Some specs like affliction and demonology were straight up broken, the lvl 60 talent row was a travesty all expansion and the original Cataclysm was originally supposed to be a pvp solution for being trained that just didn't make any sense.
    His strong point never felt like anything to do with class design, it was that he was engaging with the community, felt passionate and made the playerbase feel like he cared and was trying - even if some of it looked dreadful. It was the feeling that someone out there was trying to sort something out that gave comfort when patch notes were releasing devoid of the changes wanted.

The only thing I miss about MOP is destruction design, which seems better in almost every way. The revamp laid the foundation for problems that have seemed to plague affliction ever since though.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2018-05-11 at 01:03 PM.