Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

i really wish healers didint exist in pvp

back in the good days and by good days i mean pre 2 talent specialization (vanila,tbc) people only had 1 option being to dedicate themself into 1 spec or waste a lot of gold so when you play a random battle ground you actually faced only dps most of the time and had a good time because it was fair and you also had the oportunity to get a double kill going in a 1v2 situation, and now? You try to 1v1 someone you cant because maps are so small and AV and IoC gets dodged by the scared horde so everytime you have something going the opponents healers jumps in quickly instant somthing heals him to full and its gg might aswell alt tab out of the game. inb4 cc the healer, get real nothing of this matters anymore. Its like modern yugioh at this point where its even better for the enemy if you get cc'd because something will proc giving you immunities.

So my question is why did blizzard ruin pvp to the point where i dont even know if im playing smite or overwatch or something? its absolutly grotesque and hahaha then they thought "oh well lets just add tanks who even cares anymore". This truly had potential but blizzard just doesnt know how to balance their own game.

Fresh account. 1 post. Lel

You speak your heart and I agree with it. Healers are not something that should exist in the game. Even lorewise they make absolutely no sense.

Some serious rose tinted goggles going on in this thread.

I am only going to reply to the last bit, "oh well lets just add tanks who even cares anymore"

Tanks always exist and have a purpose in BG, disguising as tank-geared dps/healer. We needed them to tank Vandar in AV and they are a massive help in carrying flag in WSG. If you think tanks are hard to kill now, it was just as hard back then when that warrior slap on his T2/3 gear with a shield and suddenly you need 3 people to bring him down, despite he's dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You speak your heart and I agree with it. Healers are not something that should exist in the game. Even lorewise they make absolutely no sense.
    Please explain.

Deleted
    Dps only in pvp would make the game much more enjoyable imo.
    Just give everyone a single selfheal and let people have fun.

It's no fun to have to fight a brick wall that won't go down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Please explain.
    Yeah that doesnt make sense.

As for the op. Why would Blizzard remove 1/3 of the Holy trinity for such a minor part of the game as pvp

It's funny because healing in this expansion is probably the worst experience I have ever had. Just a bunch of demon hunters, warriors, rogues, dks interrupting and stunning you to no end while you just fall to the floor trying to cast a single heal.

Healers and tanks shouldnt exist in pvp imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Please explain.
    I wonder why nobody healed voljin back to full and/or dispelled him.

Bad healers?

Most of things in Legion are big improvement from previous xpac... expect PvP.

PvP in Legion is absolutely abyssmal, dare I say, worst in the history of WoW.

World PvP and Instanced PvP are both horrible for different reasons.

WPvP has no reason to exist. You gain nothing from attacking opposite players. Death has no meaning as respawn is almost instant. You can literally oneshot people, and people can oneshot you. Tanks are unkillable - same as healers, but noone plays healers in wPvP. Even wPvP world quests are fastest done when ignoring opposing players.

IPvP is boring as fuck because of how OP Blizzard has made healers. Any moron can be effective as healer today. It used to be a hardest role. Now you don't have to even think about mana, about targeting, about spell choosing, about casting, you have millions cds, millions instant casts, million "life-savers", infinite mana, you can probably get into trouble if several opponents focus you.... but fear not, just hug another healer, make sure you prioritize healing each other, and you will never die! Nor will anyone around you, because dps/hp ratio in Legion reached retarded level and the concept of "being burst down" doesn't exist anymore. And you can't even outgear the healers (most healers on bgs used to be bad also because it needed specific gear) because of templates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

But then it would just be a game of "who's the got most burst damage."
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU

The game you been playing there were always healers in pvp.

As a healer myself who never really pvp's.. everytime I try pvp I just get crowd control locked and die in a few seconds..

You clearly didn’t PvP in vanilla. There were a lot of healers. Even in random groups

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I wonder why nobody healed voljin back to full and/or dispelled him.

Bad healers?
    He stacked necrotic too high. Not the healer's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    You clearly didn’t PvP in vanilla. There were a lot of healers. Even in random groups
    I don't remember this at all. I remember random BG queue being filled with Shadow Priests, Ret Paladins and Enh Shaman. The only healing class you would regularly see was Druid. And that was because they were so OP at WSG.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha what? there are as many healers now as there has always been.

People that disliked playing healers didn't suddenly enjoy it just because they could spec it easier.

Deleted
    I agree with you. Healers are way too strong in pvp, I play a fury warrior and everytime I focus a healer with all my cooldowns (and thats hell of a lot burst damage) they pop some cd which makes them immune or reduces their incoming damage by 50-ish percent. Druids just goes into bear form and heals himself up with his hots, Paladin can just bubble without punishment (back in the days they healed 50% less and dealt 50% less damage or something like that), disc priest is just "okay, you kicked my holy spell, I just gonna heal with shadow mend ROFLMAO" and holy priests can reduce incoming melee damage passively for around 30% and can delay all incoming damage with Ray of Hope...
    Heal Monk has a hot thats not kickable and jump to the next player if the first one is healed full. Furthermore they can kite you around easily with wind serpent kick and barrel roll. Only healer I can't say anything about is shaman because I have not seen that many in pvp.
    I miss the good old days from cataclysm where healing was actually considered balanced...