Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    So he did this 8 years ago, and was caught now? What?
    Post # 385 has the answer

Allegedly it's because he was incarcerated in a Romanian prison for 6 years

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You seem to be so worried about "malicious attacks on a business" but you are not worried that for a bratty mistake this guy will be dodging malicious attacks against his ass for a year.

Your set of values really needs to be reconsidered. I mean tbh fuck a company that could be DDoSed so easily. Its on their end. If you are stupid enough to not take precautions you deserve what you get. If blizzard was "threatened" by this guy then perhaps blizzard is not as serious as we thought.

Extra points for the fact that some cybershit happened back in 2010 and punishement arrives (via extradition too) 8 years later. Thats a malfunction of the legal system and so the reason of the punishment evades the cause of the punishement.

So there is nothing to be learned here, blizzard is still being DDoSed at all levels every day and the world keeps going. Ofc to people like you a sick sense of justice was served. Because all you wanted to see was someone suffer. And thats about all you cared about when you started typing shit in this thread.

I mean if you think about it you are no different than those who applaud witch burnings, hangings, lynchings of all sorts, stonings etc. You just need an excuse to do it. In this case it was "omg DDoS" .
    He took a plea deal and all the serious charges which would've resulted in 10+ years of prison were dropped. Charges that were unrelated to Blizzard.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    this is ridiculous
    now the guy will probably come out with hiv or hanghimself cause of a stupid joke
    You mean a joke that cost a company tens of thousands of dollars? lol this guy - I guess morals left you at the birth canal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Why would anyone want a run of the mill script kiddie that DDoS's? Any monkey can do that...
    If you believe he was nothing more than a script kiddie then you haven't read anything other then the headlines from Foxnews.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

A company that left itself open to such an attack is not worth much. Also, criminal punishment for civil offenses is the kind of shit that makes the US Legal system prison centered and that’s how instead of rehabilitation of criminals we have a rotten society full of ex-cons on parole who can’t rejoin the system because of some stupid thing that could have been fixed with a fine but they landed in jail.

You really shouldn’t talk about morality when you are obviously uneducated regarding the topic at hand. You are of course entitled to your opinion but seriously you are here ass kissing a company that doesn’t give the slightest fuck if you die tomorrow.
    Trying to read what you type is cringe-worthy.

This is a kid or an adult? If the former, this is ridiculous. If the latter, well...did Romania just extradited her own citizen for attacking a fucking game server? What a third world shit hole.

Well deserved. I hope they put behind bars even more faggots like that 1. And 1 year is nothing imo.

A company that left itself open to such an attack is not worth much. Also, criminal punishment for civil offenses is the kind of shit that makes the US Legal system prison centered and that’s how instead of rehabilitation of criminals we have a rotten society full of ex-cons on parole who can’t rejoin the system because of some stupid thing that could have been fixed with a fine but they landed in jail.

You really shouldn’t talk about morality when you are obviously uneducated regarding the topic at hand. You are of course entitled to your opinion but seriously you are here ass kissing a company that doesn’t give the slightest fuck if you die tomorrow.
    This just in. Poland was to blame for WW2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Let's not. Companies need to get better at protecting their infrastructure, the society doesn't need to get better at punishing individuals not harmful to it. I guess we should also jail anyone who sends too much mail causing your package to be delayed by a few days, by your standards.
    Its not the same lol i pay for playin i want a play game basicly he take my money and time

That is nothing.

Gear Score Creator got 10 years.

Wow... I guess your brains must have been swapped for your placenta too, because damn.

Some people here are probably "She dressed slutty so it's not a rape" when I read the comments about it's Blizzard's fault for allowing that person to hack their servers.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Not sure if the legal system in the US is any way like the one over hear, but 1 year in prison means 2 months with good behavior... in a very minimum security prison, basically a country club.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2018-05-12 at 06:35 PM.

Good, give them all jail time, lets these nerds find out how bad prison is for them and they will learn there are consequences for their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grevyn View Post
    America* works.
    I doubt in Europe he wouldve got prison time.
    looooool you didn't realize this guy is a European and was indicted in Romania for DDoSing European WoW servers ? LMAO !

Plus there, yes, have already been other Europeans arrested and jailed in Europe for DDoSing. Nice bait, tho.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    good for him

You seem to be so worried about "malicious attacks on a business" but you are not worried that for a bratty mistake this guy will be dodging malicious attacks against his ass for a year.

Your set of values really needs to be reconsidered. I mean tbh fuck a company that could be DDoSed so easily. Its on their end. If you are stupid enough to not take precautions you deserve what you get. If blizzard was "threatened" by this guy then perhaps blizzard is not as serious as we thought.

Extra points for the fact that some cybershit happened back in 2010 and punishement arrives (via extradition too) 8 years later. Thats a malfunction of the legal system and so the reason of the punishment evades the cause of the punishement.

So there is nothing to be learned here, blizzard is still being DDoSed at all levels every day and the world keeps going. Ofc to people like you a sick sense of justice was served. Because all you wanted to see was someone suffer. And thats about all you cared about when you started typing shit in this thread.

I mean if you think about it you are no different than those who applaud witch burnings, hangings, lynchings of all sorts, stonings etc. You just need an excuse to do it. In this case it was "omg DDoS" .
    The charges that got dropped was what got him extradited in the first place. Ingram Micro charges would've got him up to 90 years in prison. The people that mailed him the equipment probably didn't get off so easy. Also who cares if some dumb hacker goes to prison in the US? He committed more serious crimes than ddosing a warcraft server over several years.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/crim...eiasIndict.htm
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2018-05-15 at 07:40 AM.

Deserved tbh.. Would give him even more years.

Deleted
    "Mateias, using his in-game avatar, often participated in collaborative events, such as 'raids' where players joined forces to meet game objectives and were rewarded with virtual proceeds or in-game advantages," explained the Department of Justice in a press release.

"[He] became involved in disputes with other players for a variety of reasons, including the division of loot and membership in raid teams."

Lol