Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    this is ridiculous
    now the guy will probably come out with hiv or hanghimself cause of a stupid joke
    When something like this happens, it costs a company money. 1) for the reimbursement of game time and 2) for services they can't sell or sell less of while in downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    "Mateias, using his in-game avatar, often participated in collaborative events, such as 'raids' where players joined forces to meet game objectives and were rewarded with virtual proceeds or in-game advantages," explained the Department of Justice in a press release.

"[He] became involved in disputes with other players for a variety of reasons, including the division of loot and membership in raid teams."

Lol
    But ML is good for the game! Really truly cross my heart!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Let's hope it happens more and other dont try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    wow you really don't understand what you read. Also please don't be so generic with your personal insults I mean I know you can only operate at primary school level but this is pathetic can't you come up with something more original?
    Wow, nice try. I actually have an MSc, which is probably several levels higher and more complex than the education you have - so lets not. I'm sorry your try hard alt opinions were questioned, but seriously, when a company loses tens of thousands of dollars due to some kid they fully have the legal right to take him to court. It's not hard to look at it from their/their legal teams perspective - if any person interrupts your business that ends up costing you a large amount of money, what would you do? (p.s. it would be exactly the same).

5+ Year Old Account
    Thought someone who did this was some kid playing with fire... nop, 30 years old. Also it took 8 years for the case to get to this point? That is one slow burn.

Your trashy bacheror's with God knows what 3rd class grade from God knows what 3rd class university of God knows what 3rd world country is probably enough to impress the local rednecks and yobs you socialize with, with me you have to try harder. Now once again for the slow learners like yourself: The offense is not a felony its a tort. The damage is tortuous. Now if in some jurisdiction this is a felony its 1st year law principle that the defendant cannot be extradited to a country where he will face a harsher penalty, the defendant must be tried in his country or in the country where the offense took place and the crime cannot be altered from a civil offense to a criminal one.

So one of two things is happening here: 1) The information we re being given is wrong or 2) Romania where this offense took place was forced to extradite him for other offenses and not just that (probably offenses that took place in US soil).

There is no logical way that someone was extradited for a tort and then a criminal sentence was passed in the US. I know you only have an MSc and not a law degree but didn't they teach you to connect dots?
    Actually cackling because this couldn't be further from the truth - nice grasping at straws though. But once again, the kid did lots of things illegal, cost a company tens of thousands of dollars, yet you think that's acceptable anyway? I think it's clear who's the redneck here :') I don't agree with the extradition honestly, that's a whole other issue, but the fact he's now imprisoned for what he did I 100% cannot disagree with.

This just in. A known forum stalker stalks a post he didn't bother to read. What else is new.
    This just in, a man that has been soundly defeated in argument and debate move towards quoting 10 people and attempts to move the conversation towards individuals reading comprehension levels. The kid got what he deserved. Blizzard isn't to blame. My analogy works perfectly. So perfectly in fact you cannot address it and instead go after me.

makes me feel sick knowing the u.s. is the one who tried and jailed someone who did not commit a crime in the u.s. or against the u.s. it's really scary to think of.. just imagine it the otherway around.. you are accused of a crime but rather than face u.s. justice, where you have the protection of your country's constitution and as a citizen.. you are extradited to a foreign country to face their justice system, where you have zero guarantees, aren't a citizen, arent protected as a citizen under their constitution or your home constitution, etc. It's really scary and stuff like this should not be allowed to happen anywhere in the world.

If you commit a crime in another country as a citizen of another country, you should face that country's justice, not the justice of a country half way around the world who had nothing to do with it.

I have yet to see your analogy you was blubberring something about Poland and WW2 when the topic was a "tort happened". But thats the internet isn't it? People like you inflating bullshit so they can feel their existence.
    I will only quote this part because after a little temper tantrum you finally got to something that was actually about my post and on subject. I was amazed, surprised, but in the end a little proud of you! So good work because I figured I could finally bait you into getting back onto subject. Like the real pro I am right?

Where the analogy works, once we finally work beyond your personal attacks in an attempt to shy away from the reality of your smoldering defeat, is you claim Blizzard was somehow more to blame for the attack than the attacker because they were open to the attack. In WW2 Poland was pretty open to attack by the Germans, and hey, if we use your logic if only they were so powerful they could have stopped the attack we wouldn't have had that whole big mess. So again, using your logic, Poland is to blame for WW2. Not the Germans, they were the innocent attackers and how can you blame them.. the other guys could have done something to stop it right.

I think you will post something to make me feel bad. I know you will fail. But whats new in your life right? Maybe you will break down my MMO Champion "career" like a real boss. (ROFL)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    Can we stop it with the young kid thing that appears to be a thing in this thread ?

The guy was 30 at the time of offending , 24 at the time of the Ingram Micro and 38 now.

He was not a kid. He is and was an adult at the time of offending so should be tried as .... an adult.
    Ppl here don't read. Some of the responses clearly show some of these guys didn't even read the first link on it and just came and started blogging about what they think happened.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

snip
    For the last time and then I will stop bothering because I don't have expertise how to handle mentally challenged people.
    1. "The KID did lots of things illegal" So at this point you are telling us you think this guy is a minor or a young offender.

Nope. However, I was reading something that stated his age is 24 (which is younger than me, so habit of just calling somebody younger a "kid"). However, it was the previous hacking/robbing thing I was reading which stated that was his age. However, I can see he's much, much older than that now. It was just habit/language - i wasn't actually implying he was a minor. (clutching at straws #1 answered)

2. "cost a company tens of thousands of dollars": So in any jurisdiction of the world or at least in civilized EU this is a civil offense and the guy can be sued for DAMAGES. Not to go to jail. You can sue him all you want to get your money back but putting him in prison won't get your money back nor it serves as punishment in civilized EU when it comes to torts.

Going by that broad general sense, you could say that - however, we're talking about one specific instance here. It can be deemed a federal offence in the U.S. to DDoS, and there seems to be lesser information on what Romania's stance is on it. He carried out several DDoS attacks over the space of a few months, so it wasn't just a one-off instance. It's also highly likely, based on the other stuff (which was eventually dropped), that he was extradited (along with several others) for those reasons. (clutching at straws #2 answered)

3. "yet you think thats acceptable anyway?": I never said its acceptable to DDoS blizzard all I said but you can't read can you is that its unacceptable to put a guy in prison over a civil offense where people sue for damages. Learn to read. How the fuck did they give you an MSc tbh. Or daddy bought you one.

The way that you're getting super defensive and trying to excuse his behaviour/what you think the outcome should have been comes across as if you're trying to brush off what he did as not being that serious. I also got an MSc by doing it and actually paying for it myself whilst working part time - i earned it all by myself, thank you very much (probably more than you've achieved realistically, but hey, i'm living up my nice wage and living my best life whilst you're either working a crappy job you hate every day, earning a shitty wage or unemployed living on benefits) (clutching at straws #3 answered).

4. "I don't agree with the extradition honestly thats a whole other issue": ITS THE ONLY FUCKING ISSUE/POINT I HAVE BEEN MAKING SINCE MY FIRST POST THOUGH ISNT IT. OH WAIT YOU CANT READ.

Then maybe I did miss your point, but within that it appeared as if you were excusing his behaviour - perception I guess. Also, the fact I can read your replies clearly indicates that I can read. Nice use of caps too, always the best way to make it appear like you're having a strop like a 4 year old (clutching at straws #4 answered)

5. "but the fact he's now imprisoned for what he did I 100% cannot disagree with" So please in your own fucking words enlighten us: WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE CHARGED WITH?

Especially on 5. I want a reply from you. Or you will just prove my point all along that all that you do is post count posting out of your ass without even reading what you reply to.

From this case specifically, he pleaded guilty and was charged with "one count of intentional damage to a protected computer", which falls under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. As stated above, DDoS attacks in American can be considered a federal act - in this case it was considered to be just that. He was lucky that it was only one count, considering the amount of times that he did it (although the specific amount hasn't been disclosed) along with all the other insane shxt that he did which he was lucky enough to have dropped. (clutching at straws #5 answered)
    Last edited by THEORACLE64; 2018-05-15 at 01:25 PM.

Guess he learnt his lesson then

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    This just in, a man that has been soundly defeated in argument and debate move towards quoting 10 people and attempts to move the conversation towards individuals reading comprehension levels. The kid got what he deserved. Blizzard isn't to blame. My analogy works perfectly. So perfectly in fact you cannot address it and instead go after me.
    Pretty much this. It's painstakingly obviously when someone goes into super butt hurt mode after numerous people have pointed out how much of an idiot he is.

Deleted
    Good Job .... Done!

Deleted
    well, you get what you deserve

You know what our difference is "wage earner"? I never had to explain or flash my degrees at you (and I do have better than yours), I never had to flash my cars at you (and I do have more and better than yours), I never had to flash my job at you (and its better than yours and not restricting me to a "nice wage" lol).

So, wage earner, seems that the MSc didn't get you that far did it. Because while I am explaining how to not treat someone harsh over a petty offense you seem to be unloading all your rage from the shit life you loathe on to him.

Its been known since the ancient times. The poorest of people, the mob always enjoyed a good lynching of someone because watching someone suffer makes us forget our own shit life.

Well yeah I don't want that guy to suffer because he DDoSed some company whats wrong with that? And you still haven't (and couldn't) offer any valid explanation on so many legal principles that I have presented.

I think you and whatever case you was trying to make here are dismissed. In layman words you can understand: fuck off.
    Here you are picking at straws again. Here you are stating these things, but with no actual examples. The only reasons I mentioned it was because of your 'primary school" comment, to which I gave point and example of how that was incorrect. Facts are facts. I also gave you facts, in the sense that it can (and it was in this case) deemed a federal offence - hence why he's gone to a federal prison. In terms of the extradition, with another country in the EU (that's not in eastern Europe) I feel as though there would have been a bigger fight in order to prevent that and let him serve the terms in his own country. However, Romania tend to just do whatever the U.S. say. In saying that, the reason it happened was because he was causing illegal activity within the U.S., thus they are lawfully allowed to prosecute him with their legal system. For example, if you attacked somebody in your own country you'd be expected to answer to your own legal system. If you assaulted somebody in a different country and were arrested there, you would be answerable to their justice system. If, for example, you paid/ordered somebody to assault a person in a country which you're not present, you would be answerable to their justice system and that country would request that you're extradited to them. The same applies here - he was causing damage to a protected computer that was located in the U.S. (where he was not), thus as the crime was committed in that country, the U.S. is lawfully allowed to request for him to be extradited there. Extradition can be messy sometimes, 100%, and sometimes it can be abused (for example, when the U.S. requested extradition of a severely autistic man in the U.K. for hacking NASA). Personally, I feel as thought he probably could have served that term in Romania where the U.S. tax payers don't have to pay for literally such a stupid act. However, he rightfully still should have gone to jail regardless.
    Last edited by THEORACLE64; 2018-05-15 at 02:09 PM.

And here we have the classic carreer poster whose analogy to an attack on blizzard is "its basically same as an attack to Poland that costed thousands of people their lives".

Breaking news: There is no comparison of a world war event to your average joe sending some packets over the internet thus preventing some children from entering wow.

Secondly: I do expect a company whose business is mmo games to protect itself against backdoors and DDoS etc with strong counter measures. The same as I would expect someone to lock his door in a bad neighborhood. The same way I would expect someone with diabetes to watch his diet.

Thirdly: Im shocked as well as appalled that you continue the stupid analogy of the victims of a world war to the victims of a DDoS attack and the comparison of a DDoS attacker to Adolph Hitler. If thats not STUPID I don't know what is.

Fourth: While we are talking about WW2. Greece is a prime example of a country that actually defended against the Germans thereby giving time to Russians to defend the German attack in Stalingrad come winter where the Germans were stuck in cold ice snow and mud. And Greece was like 1/10th of Poland at the time and had just repelled the whole Italian force in an epic battle that is still being celebrated.

So again, are you done with the stupid analogies or do you require more lessons in history, life and analogies? I am here for you I will teach you what your school and parents couldn't.

P.S. Read a book from time to time it really helps remove the turds from the brain cells.
    I accept your apology and admission of defeat. Here is how I take it. First you make a point to say you cannot make a point with war. Then in the forth point you try to make do it so well. So we will take that as in fact you can, so my original point holds weight. In your second point you say you expect Blizzard to protect themselves and they do, so... whats the point you are trying to make? Even a locked door sometimes has intruders pass though it. It boils down to the intruders being the problem not the door. Sure if Blizzards whole defenses were down with no effort then we can blame them a bit. But I get the feeling they spend more on internet defense in a year than you will earn in a life time. Then in your third post you try to some moral argument that again you kind of slap in face again with point four.

So we will keep this simple. I was right and you were wrong. It is ok. Perhaps we can cover that up with some elaborate story about my MMO career or something. I am interested to see how far we can go down this rabbit hole. So please continue.

Finally some justice, good to see that this is taken seriously

Hey wage earner here’s the thing: you can’t expect to throw shit at someone and not have it come back at you. So it’s not picking straw when you tell me my life sucks and you earn wages and I reply. You are on a Friday going wage probably for flipping burgers and you come attack me for defending someone that some idiots want to crucify over what is a deemed as a civil offense in most of the modern world. The mere fact that he was extradited to a country that could prosecute him for criminal charges over a tort offense is a breach of human rights something you seem to have little interest about.
    And do spare me the stupid arguments about “tax payer money to feed him in jail” when every US prisoner costs around 3.5$ per day. You give us liberals a bad name with such wanker arguments. Not a go be employee of the month and get your pat in the back.
    I mean, welcome to you in this entire thread.

Anyway, it's clear you know your views are just pig ignorant considering you're just picking at every little thing (related or not). Also, it's not exactly a "tort offense" when it can be considered a federal offence. It was illegal, he knew it was illegal, everyone knows it's illegal and thus he's in prison for it. However, I believe he should have been presented with serving it in his own country rather than a foreign one. (p.s. it's a good job you apparently have a better job, car, life than me considering you can't even spell a basic word such as offence multiple times correctly - try not to be so ironic telling people they're at a primary school level when you can't spell basic words. "check your lipstick before you come for me")

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Glad they busted this guy.....30 yrs old want to be so called adult ..DDoS Blizzard over not getting some dang loot from a Raid..come now....some of say the punishment is too much...think about it now he cried over a piece of loot he didn't get and did this...how about grow up first...gessh...
    Sounds like a description of the average MMO-C poster.