Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Cockroaches are native as well. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be squashed.

As I said, the Horde races ain't people. They got no rights.

The Alliance will cleanse the stain that is the Horde. In the name of the Light.

Disagree. They deserve nothing. Actually, Thrall does deserve something... his head split open by Shalamayne.
    The RP forum is ---> this way.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    both sides crossed line, i consider attacking and killing children the worst, and both sides did that
    Name one instance the alliance killed children. Go on, I'll wait.

Actually it was the Draenei for not making efficient road building material. Did you see how many of them it took to build that damn thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Moonblade View Post
    Pretty sure some children were killed at Camp T.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    The Forsaken are undead abominations. They must be eradicated on sight.

Even if we did indeed mass slaughter every man, woman or child, every civilian, tortured or experimented on them, it still would not be a war crime.

The Horde races aren't people and do not have a right to exist on Azeroth. It would be pest control.
    i am enjoying the irony here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arthas must have killed plenty of children during the Third War, starting with the Culling of Stratholme.

Or does Arthas not count as Alliance? Once again we arrive at this conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Wrong. The Alliance forces made intentional gaps in their formation to allow the civilians from Camp Taraujo escape in safety.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Arthas must have killed plenty of children during the Third War, starting with the Culling of Stratholme.

You mean the mercy killing that prevented those people from becoming undead monstrosities which would damn their souls to suffering?

Given that the orcs were a marauding alien race that if they had their way would have slaughtered every single human, taken Azeroth for themselves, and then probably fucked that up too then gone on to genocide even more people on more worlds?

Orcs got off easy. Terenas was a saint for electing to put them internment camps.

EDIT: Also, the only person who enslaved them was Blackmoore, and he got what he deserved.
    except they no longer posed a threat after they got their demon blood withdrawal.

The thing about comparing WoW to real world War Crimes that makes it difficult is it depends how far you want to push it.

If you count PCs Affliction Warlocks, all DKs, all Demon Hunters and Shadow Priests basically commit a real world war crime evry time they cast a spell.

If you count quests boii that is a long list includeing perfidy, mass slaughter, torture, excessive destruction, scorched earth tactics, various weapons baned irl and so forth. Forsaken are far fromt eh only offenders, but the most obvious one, because their famous weapon has the color of bright neon.

In real world the only weapon realy allowed atm are kkps and certain types of explosives. Incendiary, anti-personal(shrapnel filled explosives for instance), biological, chemical, nuclear are all outlawed, if not by geneva conventions then various other treaties. Then we have triangular blades, serrated knives, various gimmicked blades, etc are all also forbidden.

If we wnat to move onto the big events then Dreanei Genocide, Cleansing of Dalaran, Corruption of Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Exploding Lordaeon, burning of teldrassil, nuking of Gnomeregan and majority of raids.

Keep in mind PCs could be generally concidered mass murdering greedy psychopaths.

Remember Taurajo!!!

Never forgotten!

Leaving aside the fact Arthas was killing them to prevent them from becoming undead and killing everyone they ever cared about, he was half a Lich King by that point. Also, immediately after that happened and he buggered off to Northrend Terenas (representing the actual alliance rather than the manipulated boy that had gone rogue) recalled him to Lordaeron to answer for those actions.

So yeah, he doesn't count as Alliance. Frankly neither does the racist asshole rogue commander who took control of the tattered remains of Lordaeron's military after a zombie apocalypse happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    except they no longer posed a threat after they got their demon blood withdrawal.
    Tell that to the civilians killed by the Warsong clan as they kept rampaging through Azeroth right up until Thrall joined up with them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    there is a single forsaken quest where they are send to hunt human to eat them? like https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Selling_Fish ? i cant remember even a single one...
    there is a difference beetwen do war against humanoid and hunt them, i mean, human are the first to be shocked by troll and undead cannibalism but stormwindians still do it. damn varian was even disgusted for the use of humans for scientific reasons...
    yes, yes there is, your racial ability is LITERALLY TO CONSUME THE FLESH OF HUMANS
    https://youtu.be/rIjoKpjOzQE?t=9m11s
    but hey, its not like theres a quest that has you go to fenris isle to kill and raise humans trying to flee sylvanas to serve her.
    https://youtu.be/rIjoKpjOzQE?t=4m29s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Actually it was the Draenei for not making efficient road building material. Did you see how many of them it took to build that damn thing?

- - - Updated - - -

nope, the alliance allowed all civilians to flee the camp, leaving large holes in their attack lines and avoiding the civilians only attacking the soldiers stationed and trained there. so no, no kids.

- - - Updated - - -

once he returned from Northrend yes, he was no longer alliance, but yes he killed lots of children in stratholme, but really it was a fucked up situation that has no right answer.
    or should the horde pay for the crimes that garrosh did during the SoO? no, once the faction forsakes the person, then it is not their fault, once the horde turned against garrosh, if he did something we cant really blame them, but yes arthas killed lots of kids in stratholme... But it was him, or the undead...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Leaving aside the fact Arthas was killing them to prevent them from becoming undead and killing everyone they ever cared about, he was half a Lich King by that point. Also, immediately after that happened and he buggered off to Northrend Terenas (representing the actual alliance rather than the manipulated boy that had gone rogue) recalled him to Lordaeron to answer for those actions.
    He was in no way half Lich King by this point. He was still weeks from going to Northrend and months from finding Frostmourne. Or did you also forget the fact that right before this he invoked his authority as Prince of Lordaeron to suspend the Silver Hand from service?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    really? they were very much still a threat after, and so if someone gets hopped up on cocain shoots someone, then they are free to go cause they are no longer on cocaine?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    He was in no way half Lich King by this point. He was still weeks from going to Northrend and months from finding Frostmourne. Or did you also forget the fact that right before this he invoked his authority as Prince of Lordaeron to suspend the Silver Hand from service?
    the silver hand refused to help him, so he suspended them, rightfully so, he was doing what he saw right and really there was no right anserw, i agree with what he did and i am a very morally high person IMO i think people should be taken down for ALOT less, but i agree with what he did, having seen alot of zombie movies and games and stories i can get the horrors of undeath and his will to stop them.

color switch

Thanks for your sharing. Hope you can contribute more quality posts to this page. Thank you!

Alliance...
    Alliance attacking Thrall at the start of Cata
    Alliance Attacking Sylvanas and her fleet at the start of Legion
    Purge of Dalaran, Jaina murdering and imprisoning innocent civilians
    Garrithos sentencing the Blood Elves and their prince to death
    Burning and killing of camp Taurajo
    The NightElves initial attack on the Horde(and humans)
    Admiral Rogers ordering the killing of drowning orcs
    Admiral Proudmore attempting to genocide the Orcs while also breaking treaties between Theramore and the Horde

New Horde...
    Bombing the druids in StoneTalon
    Garrosh using children as blackmail to force those magnataur's to fight.
    Garrosh attacking and destroying the Vale of Eternal Blossoms

I think the worst of them, would be either Jaina's Purge of Dalaran or Genn's assault on the Horde's leader, killing many of the Horde's soldiers in a surprise attack while both factions were at peace and technically allies.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people keep referring to these as war crimes? I get the fact civis were attacked and killed yes but thats assuming the same laws apply for war crimes in Azeroth, which I doubt.

But the worse thing either side has done imo is...
    Horde - Blight bombing areas they are losing. Theramore was bad yes, but thats war. The blight kills and makes sure that land is not claimed by their enemy. Killing their own men with the blight is far worse then killing alliance with a mana bomb imo.

Alliance - Genn and Sky Cap attacking the Forsaken fleet with a class lead aboard is bad, but not blight bombing your own people bad. making slaves of the Pandas were pretty bad imo.

But the WORSE - Pandas! Mist started with a big speech about "we fight for family!", they became the first playable race to kill their own kind in BGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Alliance...
    Yeah that was a good one to. Lets nab the guys thats going to try and hold the world together. Im sure he has nothing important to do.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    really? they were very much still a threat after, and so if someone gets hopped up on cocain shoots someone, then they are free to go cause they are no longer on cocaine?
    You're comparing a drug to demon corruption.

the silver hand refused to help him, so he suspended them, rightfully so, he was doing what he saw right and really there was no right anserw, i agree with what he did and i am a very morally high person IMO i think people should be taken down for ALOT less, but i agree with what he did, having seen alot of zombie movies and games and stories i can get the horrors of undeath and his will to stop them.
    I agree with you, I often thought about this when Cata was going on, what would Garrosh or Varian have done in that situation, what would a lot of people logically and practically have done if they had seen what Arthas had seen.

Dude clearly loved his people and cared for them, so for him to come to the conclusion that to save the rest of Lordaeron, the city had to be purged was the only way. 28 days/weeks later comes to mind when thinking about risks. Taking the infected mother into the safe zone ended up getting everyone killed, taking the infected kid on the helicopter to france got Europe killed, Arthas was being realistic in his decision.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alliance...
    Alliance Attacking Sylvanas and her fleet at the start of Legion
    Purge of Dalaran, Jaina murdering and imprisoning innocent civilians
    Garrithos sentencing the Blood Elves and their prince to death
    Burning and killing of camp Taurajo
    The NightElves initial attack on the Horde(and humans)
    Admiral Rogers ordering the killing of drowning orcs
    Admiral Proudmore attempting to genocide the Orcs while also breaking treaties between Theramore and the Horde

New Horde...
    Bombing the druids in StoneTalon
    Garrosh using children as blackmail to force those magnataur's to fight.
    Garrosh attacking and destroying the Vale of Eternal Blossoms

I think the worst of them, would be either Jaina's Purge of Dalaran or Genn's assault on the Horde's leader, killing many of the Horde's soldiers in a surprise attack while both factions were at peace and technically allies.
    alliance attacks thrall because the peace treaty was broken by the twilight hammer
    ----
    i was going to argue against your points but i dont see it worth it at all.
    i love how you include in the alliance stuff all the way back to the warcraft games but for the horde only like a few things here and there...
    also alot of your alliance war crimes arnt war crimes or are factually wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

You're comparing a drug to demon corruption.

I agree with you, I often thought about this when Cata was going on, what would Garrosh or Varian have done in that situation, what would a lot of people logically and practically have done if they had seen what Arthas had seen.

Dude clearly loved his people and cared for them, so for him to come to the conclusion that to save the rest of Lordaeron, the city had to be purged was the only way. 28 days/weeks later comes to mind when thinking about risks. Taking the infected mother into the safe zone ended up getting everyone killed, taking the infected kid on the helicopter to france got Europe killed, Arthas was being realistic in his decision.
    uhh yeah... Demon blood is VERY MUCH a drug... are you crazy?
    You take it, it makes you extremly angry and puts you in a frenzy
    it then wears off if you dont have more of it, and you become weaker and go into a denial state...

but i do agree with you on the second part. he could have gone in and tried to save the not infected, but how do you know if someone is infected this is brand new they have never seen something liek this, people could turn any second, they didnt have the men or resources to qaurintine a whole city. Do they block the entrances and hold it down, again lots of people suffer and die in the city for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardac View Post
    Yeah that was a good one to. Lets nab the guys thats going to try and hold the world together. Im sure he has nothing important to do.
    It really makes you wonder how the alliance can act all good and righteous when the earliest aggression between the 2 factions in Cata were from the Alliance.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    By the time he engages in the Culling of Stratholme he is marching to the Lich King's tune, being manipulated by powers far beyond a young human paladin.

And no, I didn't "forget" that he invoked the authority he still technically had as he WENT ROGUE to temporarily suspend the Silver Hand from service, another instance where once the Alliance proper found out the wrong was put right.

Or did YOU forget that the first Undead mission had you killing on duty paladins?

- - - Updated - - -

It really makes you wonder how the alliance can act all good and righteous when the earliest aggression between the 2 factions in Cata were from the Alliance.
    Leaving aside the fact that they were tricked by the Twilight's Hammer, maybe it was the behavior of the Horde in Northrend? The Wrath Gate, perhaps? Or maybe the Grizzly Hills and the horde commander there? Or in southern Icecrown where the alliance was about to break through Scourge lines but then got attacked in the rear by Horde forces who got everyone killed?
    Last edited by Tyrion Moonblade; 2018-05-09 at 02:31 AM.