Oldtimers doing oldschool LAN-party

Greetings,

Allright, this is the story...

We are three irl friends, living i different parts of our lovely country, Denmark. We know each other from childhood and has been playing wow on and off since the launch. But this weekend we have arranged an oldschool LAN party where we get togther and play WoW from friday to sunday afternoon.

The purpose of the event if of course to have fun, but also to prepare for BFA. We have used the last few months to prepare some characters we are interested in playing at the event and into BFA.

But I could use some input on what to do in game at this event.

We got the food and beverages covered, premade, ready to cook for optimal gametime, and no time spend shopping and preparing food!

Deleted
    Raid on stormwind or any other capital city.

Set up an old adhoc cluster and play some retro lan games in case of down time?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    if you're preparing for BfA then farming Argus, doing mythic+ and Antorus raid.

if you just wanna horse around and make gold go run old mythic/heroic raids from Cata, MoP and WoD

Well, which parts of the game do you enjoy? If you like PvP, you can try to do some ranked arenas or hunt opposite faction in the open world and stack up on Honor/Prestige (with the convert to the new system you will benefit a lot from having some prestige in advance). You could do Mythic+, you could do the Chosen achievement if you don't have it (but that would require other players too and kinda kills the point). You could do Mage Towers and spectate each other, give advice to each other etc. Or you could level new characters? I really love leveling new characters especially when playing with friends. Or you could do some roleplaying? If you're into that it could be lots of fun. The whole world at your disposal. You could also do Pet Battles xD The biggest advantage of LAN-party is the huge teamwork potential (as you can literally hear and see each other) so do something that requires team work? Or you could try for example the Lucid Nightmare puzzlechain?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vullafuja View Post
    Greetings,

Allright, this is the story...

We are three irl friends, living i different parts of our lovely country, Denmark. We know each other from childhood and has been playing wow on and off since the launch. But this weekend we have arranged an oldschool LAN party where we get togther and play WoW from friday to sunday afternoon.

The purpose of the event if of course to have fun, but also to prepare for BFA. We have used the last few months to prepare some characters we are interested in playing at the event and into BFA.

But I could use some input on what to do in game at this event.

We got the food and beverages covered, premade, ready to cook for optimal gametime, and no time spend shopping and preparing food!
    Yo

In my group of friends we are like 4-6 guys from Copenhagen who have all played wow but most of my friends dont do that anymore.

I'd say a full weekend of wow unless you are leveling or doing m+ isnt going to be that fun.

I'd recommend some good drinking along with warlock in wc3 or games in general that dont require that much thinking. Also remember Denmark is playing our first World Cup match this saturday the 16th at 18.00

10+ Year Old Account
    do the iron man challenge... level to 110 naked (IRL & ingame).
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Yo

In my group of friends we are like 4-6 guys from Copenhagen who have all played wow but most of my friends dont do that anymore.

I'd say a full weekend of wow unless you are leveling or doing m+ isnt going to be that fun.

I'd recommend some good drinking along with warlock in wc3 or games in general that dont require that much thinking. Also remember Denmark is playing our first World Cup match this saturday the 16th at 18.00
    We are very much into mythic+ and pug raid, so I think it will be fun And yes, we are playing our first WC game, and i got that covered with a hyge widescreen behind our computer screens

Play anything else than wow, its not a game where you can just play for hours with friends at a lan, i used to have friends come over to play back in bc and wrath, what did we do? Fuck around, world pvp, City sieges, leveling, low lvl bgs, Which used to be fun, yeah, 1shoting people with aimshot is fun at low level, max lvl bgs, Duels, Explore un harmful bugs, like going to old ironforge or glitching in to orgrimmar walls, make groups to farm Molten core and all sorts of old raids, even after 2 expansions You needed a t group of 5 people to clear BWL and Bc raids needed a good 15 peeps to clear it nicely, not like now where you just go full autism mode and clear all the Tmog runs, fuck it, just go play some other game that lets you have fun, wow whent from a MMo, to a MSingleplayerORPG and Teleport simulator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vullafuja View Post
    We are very much into mythic+ and pug raid, so I think it will be fun And yes, we are playing our first WC game, and i got that covered with a hyge widescreen behind our computer screens
    Sounds awesome man

I'm having some friends over for beer, grill and fifa 18 when we arent watching the world cup

7+ Year Old Account
    Three irl friends playing together? Three letters: PvP.

My favorite times in game, by far, were back in TBC when I was playing with three of my best, irl, friends in battlegrounds. The four of us would spend hours upon hours destroying people in various battlegrounds. Great times. Fuck PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoy123 View Post
    Play anything else than wow, its not a game where you can just play for hours with friends at a lan, i used to have friends come over to play back in bc and wrath, what did we do? Fuck around, world pvp, City sieges, leveling, low lvl bgs, Which used to be fun, yeah, 1shoting people with aimshot is fun at low level, max lvl bgs, Duels, Explore un harmful bugs, like going to old ironforge or glitching in to orgrimmar walls, make groups to farm Molten core and all sorts of old raids, even after 2 expansions You needed a t group of 5 people to clear BWL and Bc raids needed a good 15 peeps to clear it nicely, not like now where you just go full autism mode and clear all the Tmog runs, fuck it, just go play some other game that lets you have fun, wow whent from a MMo, to a MSingleplayerORPG and Teleport simulator
    Someone's mad at the idea of someone else having fun in a game they don't enjoy. Why are you even here?

OT: Have some fun with some mythic+ runs, or do a ton of old raids, like start in Classic and work your way up. Or level new toons to a pre-set level. Do an Ironman challenge until everyone is dead (if they die). PvP raid one of the capitals. RP for a while. There is tons to do.

M+
    Lvl new chars together
    Battlegrounds

Or some arena action, that is always fun with friends!

Ironman is useless with a bit of brains, if you die whilst leveling you are just bad, im not mad if other people have fun, WTf you even sayin, imhere cause he askd how to have fun on a lan party, play anything else than wow, why do older raids with more than yourself? to get less oportunity if a mount or legendary drops (eye of sulfuras, thunder binds) leveling can maybe be fun for a while until all the quests just get repetitive with another text and texture,m+ if you want to push high or just farm a few lows are fun for maybe 1 day cause oneshot mechanics get annoying, PVP raid a capital? used to be fun when you didnt get 1shoted in Wpvp, Im not saying i cant enjoy the game or other people cant, and it is much better than wod, but the social part of the game is just gone, Ganking know players of your server on the opposite faction, Dead, gurubashi arena, obv Dead, it seems that if the content doesnt give gear, blizzard and the players arnt that motived anymore to develope it or to play it. if you think i dont want other people to enjoy the game you are mistaken, i want people to enjoy wow, cuase that drives more players comming to the game and that is only good for wow in its current state, and if its a special ocasion like a lan with friends, go player something worth the time and effort. explore new games, maybe old F2P mmos, like Tibia custom servers or metin2 where you can have a really good time on pvt server

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoy123 View Post
    Ironman is useless with a bit of brains, if you die whilst leveling you are just bad, im not mad if other people have fun, WTf you even sayin, imhere cause he askd how to have fun on a lan party, play anything else than wow, why do older raids with more than yourself? to get less oportunity if a mount or legendary drops (eye of sulfuras, thunder binds) leveling can maybe be fun for a while until all the quests just get repetitive with another text and texture,m+ if you want to push high or just farm a few lows are fun for maybe 1 day cause oneshot mechanics get annoying, PVP raid a capital? used to be fun when you didnt get 1shoted in Wpvp, Im not saying i cant enjoy the game or other people cant, and it is much better than wod, but the social part of the game is just gone, Ganking know players of your server on the opposite faction, Dead, gurubashi arena, obv Dead, it seems that if the content doesnt give gear, blizzard and the players arnt that motived anymore to develope it or to play it. if you think i dont want other people to enjoy the game you are mistaken, i want people to enjoy wow, cuase that drives more players comming to the game and that is only good for wow in its current state, and if its a special ocasion like a lan with friends, go player something worth the time and effort. explore new games, maybe old F2P mmos, like Tibia custom servers or metin2 where you can have a really good time on pvt server
    He's asking what to do in World of Warcraft in a LAN party. All you're doing is crying and whining about how much you dislike WoW.

Have everyone roll a new character and relive some nostlagia.

Or all roll DK's... or Demon Hunters.

Race level to 20 or 30, or 40... etc.

Or perhaps try something outside of live WoW.

LAN parties were all about being in the same room. The laughter. Breaks eating pizza. Man I have some great memories. I used to have a bunch of peeps over. Once I had 18 friends over for an awesome lan party. We played mostly Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Unreal Tournament, Quake... and it was SUCH a blast!