Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for it. However whenever Ashes of Creation comes out I'll probably move on from WoW to it.
    "If you lose sight of something, the only person who can find it again is you"

It's always way easier to be negative, that's why all the assholes out there are.

You're not the only person looking forward to BfA. I'm pretty stoked about some of the changes made to locks. Looking forward to playing demo a lot more since it feels a hell of a lot better to me in BfA than in Legion or previous xpacs. Story-wise I'm not going to hold my breath, as historically (imo), blizzard hasn't exactly been all that groundbreaking when it comes to storytelling. They've most certainly come a long way since vanilla/wc1-3, and have even managed to pull a few surprises. (Val'sharah's ending/us going to argus come to mind as a couple). So I'm looking forward to what they're keeping close to the vest for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    But it is annoying how loud the negatives can be. They're more loud and whiny than usual
    With every xpac comes the same throng of people slinging plenty of the tired ol' chestnuts around because rose-tinted glasses too strong. There's a reason it's called the vocal minority. They raise a huge stink, make as much noise as possible, but at the end of the day, it's nowhere near representative of the majority of the player-base.

It's something you just have to get used to. Learn to filter out the people complaining just because they like to complain, and look at the people with more constructive criticisms/putting forward potential solutions/trying to have civil discussions/etc.
    Lurker extraordinaire

idk. everything about bfa is awful and keeps getting worse with each beta build. a lot of people understand this.

i get the feeling there are just a ton of people who only play wow? and maybe other blizzard games. but like when you see someone tell you with a straight face that bfa's lore is good, or even on a level with something like a song of ice and fire... how can you take that person seriously, exactly? they must have no experience outside wow. its actually quite saddening.

bfa is going to be a disaster and i think we all know this by now if you've played the beta or kept up with the changes. like you do realize being positive and excited about a game isn't actually a positive attribute? if its terrible then it's fine to admit that it's terrible. there are tons of other games and other things out there that will be good to be positive about, bfa is just simply not one of them though. which is great its going to save me a ton of sub money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not bothered. I usually just wait to see how an expansion is before I decide what I think of it.

You're not, but I don't understand why you would be positive about the expansion. You're being sold a 50$ mcguffin that does nothing to improve on systems that are in dire straits.

I guess from an ultra mega casual transmog/battlepet/hunterpet/mount collector stand point BfA is probably good for you. But I think that's kind of a problem when an entire expansion is built on the premise of 'wait until the next expansion'. And this isn't me saying Legion's expansion exclusivity was interesting, I'm saying there isn't much about BfA that seems overtly enticing or rewarding, especially after exponential mob health, artifact power scaling and endless reputation grinds becoming the new norm.

Face it, the entire gameplay experience of the expansion is facilitated around establishing and increasing the value of the WoW Token. Nothing about it should be exciting or positive.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-05-09 at 04:19 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

My main draw in this game is mythic+. So I'm looking forward to all the new 5 man I'll surely be spending months in grinding my mythic score up with.

Not really looking forward to many of the other changes though. Losing artifact weapons, artifact traits, legendary gear, tier set bonus... it just seems like it's going to be whole lot more stale gameplay wise.

I'm very excited for BfA, I just don't care to post about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very excited and I'm enjoying what I've played on the beta thus far. I even quit FFXIV (mostly because paying for two MMOs for 4.5 years was dumb) but only because playing WoW:BfA, MH:World, Dragon Quest XI, and various Switch games this fall will be crowded.

With people like Preach making so many negative discussions about BfA... I'm tired of hearing preach and ghost yell at Watcher when I try to enjoy their webshow.
    1. Preach has been very balanced in his feedback for BfA. He likes some things but not others. Even on the stuff he dislikes, he offers well-reasoned constructive feedback in a calm and friendly manner. He comes across as a fan of the game doing what Blizz asks him to do: play the PTR and offer feedback.
    2. I've yet to hear Preach or Ghost do much yelling, but I do see you mis-quoting and mis-representing them a LOT here in forums.
    3. Maybe you could spend more time discussing your own thoughts and less time trolling Preach?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

If you put out a game FOR TESTING, not only for bugs but how the system is set up as a whole, ALL "honest" feedback are positive for the goal that the developers wanted to achieve. Its not like they are Disney or something that only wants shills to review their movies.

These people if you believe them giving out honest opinions, are just messenger, labeling them "negative" won't change the message itself.

Deleted
    I just wish they could rollback the horrible horrible legion "class fantasy" and return WoW to it's roots. It feels like I'm playing Call of Duty Black Ops Modern Infinity War 10.

Can't wait for Classic though.

Positive and excited. And ready.

People rather share their concerns with expansions than their excitement, nothing wrong with that, it creates a debate. The difference is crybabies bitching every expansion wishing wow to finally die and how it was better when they started [insert vanilla/wotlk] and since they don't enjoy it (yet they mostly still play), nobody else should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think people like to make BfA sound so bad because Legion made everyone have these HUGE expectations.

it's like that. For WoD there was LOTS of hype. Then it all crashed down burning when it was clear how bad WoD actually was. After this, people lost hope. Then came Legion. There was hype sure, but people were more cautious. And BOOM. Legion was so much better than WoD. Legion still is amazing, keeps players busy long time. Now... because Legion was great, people have such high expectations again that anything that doesn't throw them off their feet like Legion must automatically be "so bad".

That's just bull. I mean come on... let the negative nancy's talk as much as they want. Its $50 for a game that can keep you busy for not just 20 hours but actual days. If you farm gold you can even buy your subscription with in-game currency. So the argument of "oh mimi they want money every month" isn't even that valid anymore. So in the end just think about all the whining people and how they complain about a game that gives them days of fun- compared to other games that are $60 and are over in 15 hours.

Now about BfA. I'm in it since alpha and all the concerns are not that bad actually. GCD sucks for classes that are reliant to lots of abilities (fury warrior .... etc.) but there is so much to be happy and excited about. New zones, new story (and we don't know yet how it will play out so all calm down!), new modes like Warfront and Island Expeditions and all that. Not to mention we still have the awesome stuff like WQ's and M+. Sure its all "known" by now but it works so why not keep it and be happy about it?

Another thing: PVP! I am really not a pvp player but heck.... for some reason I'm suddenly excited about it. And I'll even try playing with the new pvp mode turned on just for those sweet +15% exp lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Yes but I'm a little worried about classes, they look dull and boring and classes are what can keep me playing this game. Also Warfronts and Expeditions are my most awaited new features, I don't care about allied races.
    Same here. Except I'm not excited with warfronts.

With people like Asmongold and Preach making so many negative discussions about BfA. With the forums constantly bitching about all the changes. Even some people I know are upset or negative about the game. Am I the only person actually positive and excited about the game? Someone who isn't so analytical when I play the game? Things like the GCD and Master Loot don't affect me so im kinda baffled like with the flying change. These complaints feel alien to me. I'm just excited about the new expansion and looking forward to the new stuff.

I'm tired of hearing preach and ghost yell at Watcher when I try to enjoy their webshow. All the negative comments clogging up Allcraft. Like, maybe you should take a break from the game? All the damn threads crying about it, people acting like children. People coming up with all these conspiracy theories to retrain their anger. Preach even thinks Blizzard is lying to us about why they're making these changes. Why all the loudness and anger? I can't be the only person confused and still hyped about BFA?

Who else is still excited and/or not bothered by the complaints like everyone else?
    Very much so yes. Most people in this forum agree that BFA is a filler expansion full of visual flair and lacking on actual gameplay and enjoyment.

I'm not worried though. There's nothing to be disappointed about considering I had no expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loathed Legion and BfA seems to be more of the same, I think that's why some others aren't excited either. But, there's plenty of people who LOVES Legion, so you're definitely not the only one. I will still try BfA, but chances are I'll just experience the questing areas and then unsub again while waiting for Classic. I'd love for Blizz to change their approach to the game but at least they're giving me Classic so I'm pretty satisfied.

Don't really understand why you'd be mad at streamers who dislike it though, just don't consume their content.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

With people like Asmongold and Preach making so many negative discussions about BfA. With the forums constantly bitching about all the changes. Even some people I know are upset or negative about the game. Am I the only person actually positive and excited about the game? Someone who isn't so analytical when I play the game? Things like the GCD and Master Loot don't affect me so im kinda baffled like with the flying change. These complaints feel alien to me. I'm just excited about the new expansion and looking forward to the new stuff.

I'm tired of hearing preach and ghost yell at Watcher when I try to enjoy their webshow. All the negative comments clogging up Allcraft. Like, maybe you should take a break from the game? All the damn threads crying about it, people acting like children. People coming up with all these conspiracy theories to retrain their anger. Preach even thinks Blizzard is lying to us about why they're making these changes. Why all the loudness and anger? I can't be the only person confused and still hyped about BFA?

Who else is still excited and/or not bothered by the complaints like everyone else?
    Simple if you are horde yes.

If you are alliance...you have a big change that it is Nope.

Your second part is something you clearly do not understand the reason behind the sadness.
    If you are alliance you see the horde get cool stuff again and again and again. While the alliance gets hand me downs, crappy stuff etc. Horde gets new mounts. alliance gets recolors. Horde gets epic quests and decent zones, alliance gets good looking zones but quests and lore that sucks etc etc etc.

So far as mostly alliance player there is nothing to pull me into BFA. I see that pretty much everything cool goes to the horde. I see that all the time and effort goes into the horde. Hell blizzard is so lazy the kul tiran cat and bear form are just a before and after of diet drink commercial.

Beside decent looking zones. Name me 1 thing...1 epic thing that alliance gets over the horde. That the horde has not counter for.
    Horde has gotten the last few expansions all the raids. A shit ton of the lore etc. So really name me 1 thing!

You are not excited about BfA (specifically), you are excired at the idea of new expansion. Do you see the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who are preaching negativity are just bandwagoning on the edgy, controversial opinion. The game isn't even out yet, there's no way to objectively say whether the game is going to be good or bad.