Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's official, Blizzard went full retard with this.

There was a perfectly serviable MU!Mag'har group that could be used to expand orc lore, but nooooooooo, let's delve into alternate reality shenanigans and start going for the craziest ideas.

I warned Blizzard to stay away from alternate universes! They didn't listen. No one listened.
    Whatever...

To quote myself from another thread:

Lightbound Draenei... Now there's a twist I certainly did not see coming! I mean, it was very likely we'd see more Naaru with loose morals, but to foreshadow it even more on AU Draenor, I did not expect. I guess this also means we're possibly seeing Yrel as villain in a future expansion. Naaru can travel the Nether, which connects to all stable timelines. These guys could definitely come here.

I don't think it means all Naaru are evil. They definitely represent Good and Order. But some seem way more on the Good side, and others way more on the Order side.
    Like, A'dal did not come to Outland to dominate it for the Light. And his crew is probably on the good side. M'uru more than likely.
    But then there's Naaru like Xe'ra. Who seem very Order-aligned. Not afraid to indoctrinate, dominate, forcefully convert and force destiny to get her way. And very intolerant of those that do not fit her mold. The kind of Naaru that would definitely button-mash the Re-originate button on Azeroth if she could, and think not a second on the lives lost.
    I wonder which Naaru are behind the Lightbound. Is it K'ara? AU Xe'ra? Or someone like her.

I suppose it was inevitable that, now that we pushed the Legion off of the pedistal of dominance in the universe, the extremists previously focused on fighting them will now try to take that seat, to forge the universe into their image instead. I'm quite curious what will happen with the Light that is no longer the underdog, standing up for the little guy, but now gains in dominance. It is only natural that it has its own violent extremists in the wake of this endless war, that will not stop and settle for peace and balance, but will continue to push back against what isn't under their sway, and champion the cause of order and purity to extreme ends. Enemies of free will, even.

Lightbound Orcs confirmed as future Alliance allied race!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Lightbound Orcs confirmed as future Alliance allied race!!!!!!!
    But wouldn't that blur the faction lines? : ^)

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Oh boy here we go. I saw this coming the moment they portrayed all the forces in the universe as equal and opposite. They hinted at this with X’era too.

Now we’re about to be in for amateurish, naive, absolute moral relativity, where the light is just as bad as the void. We went from an interesting non-theistic religion that venerated positive emotion and cooperation, backed up by some pretty cool energy beings who just wanna help out, to a poor man’s catholic inquisition full of intolerance and forced conversions...because that totally sounds like something the Draenei would do after living with the orcs for 200 years without any religious conflict.

I mean really. I know The Scarlet Crusade is an exception, but was it ever established that the Holy Light was oppressive or forceful in any major way? Have we ever seen human priests trying to take elune away from the night elves? Until that BS with Illidan and X’era, did a naaru ever act in any way that could be construed as hateful or unwelcoming? There’s a demons and nether-infused drakes just hanging out in Shattrath for Christ’s sake.

Sure, anyone can manipulate or twist a religion (look at the crusade once again) but that’s kind of hard to do when your “gods” are living right next to you. How do the naaru feel about the draenei forcing their ways on othere? I guess they’re fine with it because that’s what Blizzard decided for the day.

It’s such clumsy shoe-horning. Are we actually expected to believe that the Draenei suddenly decided to evangelize the orcs against their will? Since when has that ever been part of the holy light?

Look, I get that we all like “shades of gray”. But too much gray and you’re left with nothing to take a side over, nothing to root for. When everything is equal, nothing is worth fighting for.

They’re doing this with The Scourge too. Turns out Arthas was just trying to save us all from the void lords! Whose really the bad guy? The Scourge? ....Or US?!?

Give me a fucking break.

Can’t anything just be decent and wholesome? Can’t anything just be vile and reprehensible? Providing something for heroic players to fight and evil players to root for? Moral relativity is awesome when used sparingly. When you splash shades of gray on everything, you don’t come off as edgy or mature or deep. You come off as childish, pretentious, and naive.

Now I know you guys are gonna say, “but what about the scarlet crusade”! Well the whole point of them was to be the exception that proved the rule. Things like that are the perfect amount of moral relativity. We can also understand how they got to this pont, considering they witnessed a zombie apocalypse and everything they love is dead. The orignal idea was that they were so convinced of their own righteousness and good intentions that they were still able to wield the light. This was interesting because it didn’t feel like the norm. Now, it’s only a matter of time before we’re equating the naaru with the void lords.

Just wait until we learn about the “Bright Lords” and we team up with the old gods to stop the light from purifying the universe.

“Both sides are equal!” am I right?

Ugh.
    Last edited by Psychotrip; 2018-05-09 at 03:24 AM.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Eitrigg: Come help us fight the terrible Alliance tyrants!

Deleted
    As alex said about a year ago(He is the lead writer) I smell a light expansion brewing. We are removing opposition, the legion, old gods etc.

https://youtu.be/wqA2A5kh_3w?t=12m30s

"[Anduin] also understands the Void. He does. He understands it as any priest would. The discipline of it all, discipline no pun intended. But there is the Void and there is the Light. And it's also just something to understand in general, what is the Void? I feel like we try to personify evil, it's intent. The reality is it's way more gray than black and white. One day I hope to be able to go the Void and I hope for us to see the horrors within that the Light is causing. Because that's where you get the perspective of things. Planets entombed in Void here and tentacles rising devouring entire planets on this side of the Void, is there a counter to that? Where we go to the Void and see entire planets crystallized in pink yellow plating of the Naaru and the Light, and how tyrannical that is to the inhabitants of those worlds? What does that even mean? I hate categorizing things, even the Void, yeah the Void has bad and terrible things, it has the Void Lords and the Old Gods and the terrible decrepit things that they do, but again that's from our perspective."

7+ Year Old Account
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Garrosh Hellscream, Lightbound Paladin, General of the Alliance army.

That would be hysterical.
    Can we do something stupid and call him Garrosh Heavenscream instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    To quote myself from another thread:

Lightbound Draenei... Now there's a twist I certainly did not see coming! I mean, it was very likely we'd see more Naaru with loose morals, but to foreshadow it even more on AU Draenor, I did not expect. I guess this also means we're possibly seeing Yrel as villain in a future expansion. Naaru can travel the Nether, which connects to all stable timelines. These guys could definitely come here.

I don't think it means all Naaru are evil. They definitely represent Good and Order. But some seem way more on the Good side, and others way more on the Order side.
    Like, A'dal did not come to Outland to dominate it for the Light. And his crew is probably on the good side. M'uru more than likely.
    But then there's Naaru like Xe'ra. Who seem very Order-aligned. Not afraid to indoctrinate, dominate, forcefully convert and force destiny to get her way. And very intolerant of those that do not fit her mold. The kind of Naaru that would definitely button-mash the Re-originate button on Azeroth if she could, and think not a second on the lives lost.
    I wonder which Naaru are behind the Lightbound. Is it K'ara? AU Xe'ra? Or someone like her.

I suppose it was inevitable that, now that we pushed the Legion off of the pedistal of dominance in the universe, the extremists previously focused on fighting them will now try to take that seat, to forge the universe into their image instead. I'm quite curious what will happen with the Light that is no longer the underdog, standing up for the little guy, but now gains in dominance. It is only natural that it has its own violent extremists in the wake of this endless war, that will not stop and settle for peace and balance, but will continue to push back against what isn't under their sway, and champion the cause of order and purity to extreme ends. Enemies of free will, even.
    How do the naaru stand for order? Isn’t that literally on the other side of the cosmic scale? Well, on the other side and a little to the left. Arcane is order, and it’s shown being closer to the void than the light
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    Exarch of the Lightbound, Garrosh Heavenhymn, at your service. Let's ensure those people are properly vaccinated against the Void, brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    How do the naaru stand for order? Isn’t that literally on the other side of the cosmic scale? Well, on the other side and a little to the left. Arcane is order, and it’s shown being closer to the void than the light
    While I agree that I can't remember if there was any official statement about the Light standing for Order, I'd like to point out that Blizzard (Kosak IIRC) themselves told us not to read too much into the chart. It was only meant show which forces are aligned with which (i.e: Arcane to Order), but other than that, it was just meant to look cool. As they said, don't read too much into the alignment of it - even Blizzard themselves didn't intend for those to mean much (i.e: Fel beings - which was right next to the Light on the Chart - are greatly harmed just by coming into contact with the Light).

Going by what we know about the Light up until now, they are a lot closer to Order than Void. "Order, sometimes called Law, is associated with civilization, authority, rules, protection, the status quo, tradition, and, when stretched to its extreme, mindless obedience, fascism, and abuse of power". The Light have already shown some of those traits - such as, but not limited to, civilization, protection, tradition, or the negative one, mindless obedience and fascism. The Light see one path, and believe that's the only truth - that inflexibility is an often seen trait of order as well. The Lightbound isn't too difference from other forces of Order taken to extreme in fiction.

In comparison, "Chaos is associated with change, Tricksters, free will, creativity, individualism, and, to the extreme, madness, savagery, solipsism, and selfish overindulgence". That's a lot of Void-related traits there: change, trickster, free will, madness, savagery and selfish overindulgence.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-05-09 at 03:49 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=284240/m...-text-spoilers

Just some tidbits

"After Archimonde's fall, the orcs and draenei worked together to drive the Legion from Draenor. Those were good years."
    "But without demons to fight, the draenei became fixated upon their precious Light."
    "Their naaru masters compelled them to spread their influence among the orcs. A few converted willingly. Others had the Light forced upon them."
    "Some orcs even sided with the draenei against their kin... even the warchief's own son was lost! We call these traitors Lightbound."
    "I will not stand by while the High Exarch crusades against mag'har freedom! The tyranny of the Light must be ended!"
    Alliance Lightbound Allied race when?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverforgerer View Post
    I think the point of this is to set up Light as the another possible force we will have to fight in the future (so it won't be light vs void but us vs both forces). X'era was first to show that naaru are overzealous and now this.
    This so much and I can't wait to see where they go with it, assuming they don't mess it up like they tend to do most lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    Garrosh Lightscreen
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Same way the Void stands for Chaos, I suppose. Plenty of Void agents are shouting about chaos. But yes, the void is definitely on the side of tearing things down, and the Light on preservation, building things up, and conformity. I mean, you can see it even in the shape of their agents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Same way the Void stands for Chaos, I suppose. Plenty of Void agents are shouting about chaos. But yes, the void is definitely on the side of tearing things down, and the Light on preservation, building things up, and conformity. I mean, you can see it even in the shape of their agents.
    I think this is just more proof that the new magic / cosmic system makes no damn sense, but that’s a discussion for another time.

In general though, since when have naaru stood for order? Until X’era they always seemed completely chill. They never tried pushing their beliefs on the orcs in the 200 years they were on draenor either. I mean, there’s a demon just hanging out at the bar at shattrath city. Void using arakkoa just hang out there, and dragons infused with energy from the nether roam freely as well.

Shattrath itself is a chaotic menagerie of different people with different beliefs. This just feels like clumsy writing for the sake of moral relativity.
    Last edited by Psychotrip; 2018-05-09 at 03:43 AM.

Oh look, another stupid lolcorruption story. Sure don't get enough of those in WoW.

When is Blizzard going to hire real writers?

Completely retarded and ends up making turning WoD into a Horde only expansion. They kill off our Maraad, Alt Velen, and Yrel's sister to prop up the only Alliance character they got that expansion and then turn her into a Villain.

Pretty sure they only did this to explain why the Alliance wouldn't recruit from Dreanor and why the orcs would end up joining the Horde other than the fact that they have orcs in the Horde already and not only does it turn WoD into a Horde only expansion it turns it into a throw away expansion we will likely never go back to. I mean like seriously who will the Alliance turn to now if we go back? Some random non lightbound Draenei? Some non Mag'har orc? The Ogres?(that will go over well with Horde players if Ally gets Ogres.)

If they hadn't used Yrel and she and the non-lightbound Draenei were currently fighting the Lightbound it would at least explain their absence from helping the Alliance and give the possibility of us going back to Dreanor sometime.

Literally the only possible race the Alliance would be able to team up with in another Alt Draenor expansion now is the Arakkoa which kinda fucks over the Horde as they helped them as well.

i mean we have all known this was coming but jesus christ its so bad

i thought the night elves were getting the worst deal in bfa but did they have to ruin draenei too

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Yrel will be less annoying now, seems like she doesn't die. But it reads like Scarlet Crusade 2.0 so it's time for purging.