Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Funny about all this is that for the story as it stands (Maybe the whole “tyrannical light”-thing is a big story setup for later) is that it’s utterly unnecessary, all the Horde would need to recruit the Mag’har is tell them “You want to fight? We got a fight right here!” and orcs being orcs, they would leap at the chance! :3

But now the Alliance story is completely warped, just to give orcs a reason to hang out with other orcs, yay...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    The Lightforged are faithfully loyal to the Light. But they are not blind extremists like the Lightbound.
    You think? I wonder - "our cause is just, our purpose - noble" can quickly go south.

That is pretty interesting potential setup to kicking some Naaru butts. I bet in future Blizz may try to pursue this balance of Light and Darkness theme like in Diablo, which will inevitably mean we will get to kick some singing crystal butts.

- - - Updated - - -

Flipside - Lightbound Orcs may end up being a new allied race with Yrel as faction leader.

Orcs with demon blood = genocide.
    Orcs without demon blood = genocide.

You call ''opression'' i call ''rehab''.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The nihilism continues to creep into WoW.
    "Oh noes, not everything is slice of life anime/generic story of good vs evil !"

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Arcane was always chaotic too. Look what happened to that. Ignore all the numerous cases of it being linked to fel and necromancy, about all the ways its corrupted things in the past. Ignore how demons were explicitly described as being infused with arcane energy, ignore Sargeras turning Illidan into a demon hunter with "arcane runes". Ignore Gul'dan teaching the orcs the "arcane arts". Ignore how Dalaran's reckless use of magic tore holes to the nether letting demons into Azeroth. Ignore how addictive the arcane apparently is (when Blizzard decides it is). Ignore how it created the ethereals. Ignore how Faralon was torn apart by "arcane storms".

Nope. Arcane the manifestation of "order" in our universe.

Chaos is apparently its own primordial force now, and Void is nowhere near it on the cosmic plane. They're not even next to each other. They're not even on opposite sides. It's stupid, but it's canon. Story of Chronicle in my opinion.
    I think you're confusing Order and Chaos with Good and Evil. Arcane is the magic of order because it's the magic the Titans use, who "ordered" the cosmos. It's just as dangerous as chaos magic is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by khadaryan View Post
    Orcs with demon blood = genocide.
    Orcs without demon blood = genocide.

You call ''opression'' i call ''rehab''.
    Yeah but it’s genocide against a race that’s clearly evil. The second the legion isn’t threatening them the Draenei go crazy!

I am indifferent to Light being either good or bad, but time travel and alternate universes just suck.

Ah but the Draenei aren't being genocidal, they are convert happy. More "spreading the good word to the heathens" than "Destroy the non-believers". When Yrel's group is done, there will still be living orcs. Living in peace. With both versions of the Orc's attacked, the goal was to exterminate all the Draenei, than later all the humans.

They got better (mostly), though that "kill all the things" ideology is resurfacing with the Banshee Queen in power.

Genocide =\= Forced Conversion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Genocide =\= Forced Conversion
    Unless you kill everyone who refuses to convert. And for some reason religious people tend to think thats great idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, yrels become a villain
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So, yrels become a villain
    She is a zealot, I'd say she is merely doing what the army of the light would have done if X'era had survived the legion campaign, being good little tools for the naaru to start their very own sparkly crusade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She is a zealot, I'd say she is merely doing what the army of the light would have done if X'era had survived the legion campaign, being good little tools for the naaru to start their very own sparkly crusade.
    Yeah like i say, she's become a villain, just disguised as someone virtuous like any religious zealot does.

I honestly hoped for a better reason why orc priests existed with the mag'har, but not like this.

I mean given what's being said here, why shouldn't i consider yrel any different to someone like gul'dan or ner'zhul? Forcing your religion on others is just as villainous as some of the stuff they did
    Last edited by Trassk; 2018-05-11 at 02:49 PM.
    #boycottchina

Orc priests are still based on the Shadowmoon clan's shadow priest concept as far as I can tell, not orcs being lightbound and then rebelling to join the Horde (there is no indication of this happening)

That would be orc paladins

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I think you're confusing Order and Chaos with Good and Evil. Arcane is the magic of order because it's the magic the Titans use, who "ordered" the cosmos. It's just as dangerous as chaos magic is.
    No, I’m confusing chaos with chaos. Arcane was always explictly called chaotic, arcane mobs often have “chaos” or “nether related titles, and an arcane elemental boss even shouts about chaos.

In the old lore, arcane was literally just pure, raw magic from the nether. Fel was arcane in its most pure / corrupt form depending on who you asked. Arcane was addictive and mutagenic. It created the ethereals, mutated the nether drakes and destroyed netherstorm.

Archimonde’s speech when he blew up Dalaran was all about how pissed he was at humans for “stealing” their own magic (this was long before eredar were anything but ancient demons, so their history on Argus wasn’t written yet). Demons saw arcane magic as their own “fire”, and mocked humans for trying to control it.

The Guardians Of Tirisfal were created because Dalaran refused to tone down its arcane magic use, which was so chaotic that it was tearing holes into the nether and letting demons into the city.

Demons were attracted to arcane magic not because they were looking for a world-soul, but because they were literally magical parasites who fed on the arcane.

This “manifestation of order in our universe” nonsense is bullshit.
    Last edited by Psychotrip; 2018-05-11 at 03:17 PM.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm actually wondering if K'ara is responsible for this change in the AU Draenei - as it is one of the known Naaru who have lapsed into a Void state and returned due to Velen's sacrifice of himself in WoD. Perhaps something of the madness of the Void has touch K'ara even in its Light state, leading it to militarize the AU Draenei into zealots of the Light and lead them into war against the Mag'har?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She is light version of cultist-chan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm actually wondering if K'ara is responsible for this change in the AU Draenei - as it is one of the known Naaru who have lapsed into a Void state and returned due to Velen's sacrifice of himself in WoD. Perhaps something of the madness of the Void has touch K'ara even in its Light state, leading it to militarize the AU Draenei into zealots of the Light and lead them into war against the Mag'har?
    Or its just religious fanatics coming to same, natural conclusion all religious fanatics come one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Orc priests are still based on the Shadowmoon clan's shadow priest concept as far as I can tell, not orcs being lightbound and then rebelling to join the Horde (there is no indication of this happening)

That would be orc paladins
    Perhaps, though it is a convenient way of explaining away how orcs can use holy magic as well as shadow, that they were shadowmoon priests captured and forced to conform to the lightbound indoctrinations, until they were freed and brought into the horde

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

Or its just religious fanatics coming to same, natural conclusion all religious fanatics come one day.
    I think it's this, and them being bound to a religious order for so long made them into zealots, and thus wanting to indoctrinate others. The only reason light forged draenei haven't yet was because they were dedicated to stopping the legion. The light bound draenei show what happens when something like this stops focusing on a foe like the legion, and instead look inward and those around them.

So kind of like how we saw illidan killing xe'ra in how we saw her trying to forcefully convert him to the light, we now see what the narru do when it doesn't have a legion to fight, the narru being a threat just as much as fel or shadow.
    #boycottchina