Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To be fair, we are seeing this scenario from the Horde's perspective. For the AU Mag'har Orcs, the AU Draenei are their oppressor, so it's not strange that they would appear as some sort of Well-Intentioned-Extremist or simply Zealous to be worried about. If we get a scenario from the Alliance's perspective, I'm sure those AU Draenor could look a bit less villainous.

For example, if we get a campaign for the Alliance to recruit those Lightbound Draenei (I don't think we ever will, though), it could go like this:

- The Alliance arrived at AU Draenor's Shattrah. We got a warm welcome from the Lightbound, who still remembered who we are and what we did to help them.
    - Yrel told us that after the defeat of Archimonde, the Naaru helped them to clean up the rest of the Legion. Even the Orcs cooperated. They worked hard to cure the planet and protect it from being corrupted again. Together, they formed the Lightbound force, an united front of both Orcs and Draeneis, and have been working to restore AU Draenor. For the first time in many years, peace and unity seem to be close.
    - Yet, a group of Orcs refused to change. They clung to their savage, barbaric traditions and don't want to be blessed / empowered by the Light, even though this means they are risking themselves (and the planet) being corrupted again by either the Legion or the threat of Void. They also obstruct the work of the Lightbound.
    - The Lightbound approached and tried to convince the Orcs to no avail. Recently, the relationship between them have soured, and there have been skirmishes here and there. This doesn't bode well for the planet and the peace they finally attained.
    - "Heroes, would you lend us a hand to convince them? Here is one of our new Exarch, son of the Warchief himself, he will guide you and his force, just in case a fight breaks out"

There, from that perspective, while the story is more or less the same and the Lightbound would still be zealous of the Light from the Orcs' perspective, to us the Lightbound'd probably look a lot less antagonistic while Mag'har Orcs would seem like anti-vaxxers stubborn people who threatened the peace of AU Draenor and the planet. Thus, I don't think the current story in Beta is too out of character, especially given a long time has passed since the last time we saw them. Is convincing people to go your way by force evil? Well, maybe it is slightly so, but even we - the heroes - have been doing it many times in various quests. As long as it doesn't hurt us, we probably can let that fly.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-05-09 at 05:00 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I've seen some people say what happens with Yrel makes no sense but keep in mind this is like 30 years later. A lot can happen in that time. This didn't happen overnight.
    Yeah, shitty writing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    omg i never thought i would say this...

#GrommashDidNothingWrong

Also, it seems that Draenei without Velen go a tad extreme with the Light. I hope we can get a lot more aftermath information about this Draenor, like how the Ogres and Arrakoa are doing. Also need to know how their Azeroth is doing too.
    Well without velen a portion of their people joined the legion during the expansion.

Well now, that is interesting. First, we must convert Yrel over to the Alliance, then we will take action. Yes Horde, I will help you this one time only.

Somewhere in the afterlife, Kil'jaeden laughs his goddamn head off.

"I was right! I WAS RIGHT THE WHOLE TIME!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Somewhere in the afterlife, Kil'jaeden laughs his goddamn head off.

"I was right! I WAS RIGHT THE WHOLE TIME!"
    Of course he was right. All portals are open to him.

This AU is fucking hillarious even after we left it. Preacher Garrosh, save us!

This feels like monkey's paw writing.

The Horde asks for the Alliance to go on the attack so we can have some motivation?

Mag'har in the Au get attacked but We don't get to fight the "Lightbound".

Alliance wants to fight horde aggressively, their AU draenei go crazy and they don't get to be any part of it or interact with it.

The whole story is tangled up with this AU timetravel nonsense.
    Twas brillig

Tbh I'm excited about this new bit of lore regardless of how "asspulled" it might be, been a fan of the light being portrayed as an enemy since the "I AM MY SCARS" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

The Horde asks for the Alliance to go on the attack so we can have some motivation?

Alliance wants to fight horde aggressively, their AU draenei go crazy and they don't get to be any part of it or interact with it.

But it's not even the Alliance being aggressive against the Horde since neither of those groups are part of a faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Tbh I'm excited about this new bit of lore regardless of how "asspulled" it might be, been a fan of the light being portrayed as an enemy since the "I AM MY SCARS" moment.
    Sure, but can we do it with Anduin or Turalyon instead? Humans have a lot more characters than draenei do.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I mean, let's not delude ourselves. The orcs deserve everything they get, because all WoD showed us was that the orcs will go full-on genocide mode even without drinking demon blood.

Don't play the oppressed card here; you'll get no sympathy.
    Demon blood did not incite the Orcs to attack the Draenei. Kil'jaeden appeared to Ner'zhul, a respected shamanic leader, as a vision of his dead wife, saying "The draenei are going to attack you! You need to strike first or you'll be wiped out!"

Garrosh did roughly the same thing in the alternate timeline, using his knowledge of the future to make himself out as a prophet and using the Legion and Gul'dan as evidence he was legit.

The Orcs did not just randomly attack the Draenei. In both cases, someone incited them into acting in self-defense. It was only afterwards that they were able to realize their error.

Only it turns out that Kil'jaeden was right. Absent having to worry about the Legion, the Draenei went straight ahead and attacked the Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

Or we might need a few plot lines to start being created for when we are done/saturated with the void stuff

5+ Year Old Account
    what the hell is even going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But it's not even the Alliance being aggressive against the Horde since neither of those groups are part of a faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but can we do it with Anduin or Turalyon instead? Humans have a lot more characters than draenei do.
    Definetly don't disagree that we could use some of our assortment of priests/paladins for this purpose.

It's a cool idea- but having it all happen off-screen is going to make it much harder for Blizzard to make it seem real.

This definitly needs to transition into the MU though- I would love for the Lightforged to become the alliance counterpart of the Forsaken- engaging in fanatical and brutal actions viewed with suspicion by the rest of the alliance but still kept on-side because of their firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I mean, let's not delude ourselves. The orcs deserve everything they get, because all WoD showed us was that the orcs will go full-on genocide mode even without drinking demon blood.

Don't play the oppressed card here; you'll get no sympathy.
    that's a lie! Frostwolf, the clan of the leader of the Maghar, fought against the iron horde, also the laughing skull and half of the Shadowmoon clan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    And also, Durotan is dead.

Wherever he is, Garrosh is laughing his ass off.
    AU garrosh is with the draenei worshiping the light :O

Honestly, going back to classic and running Blackrock dungeons for 6-7 months, than be done with the franchise with a good feeling once and for all looks more appealing the more i hear about BFA....

Just think about it. Back then we were adventurers...we did not know shit about Azeroth, because nobody did...or those who did were LIGHTYEARS beyond our powerlevel and simply did not bother with us. Something looks evil...just go there and fight it. Maybe it turns out to be wrong later, but that's ok if you have limited information.

Now...we are the great saviors of the cosmos. We met all the Titans. We slew the greatest dragons. We were the personal target of Old Gods taunting us. We drew energy from fallen Naaru. We traveled through space and time. We simply know EVERYTHING at this point. Blizzard is making up stuff for us to "not know"....but in the situation we (the player characters) have been put in the last 6-8 years this just creates asspull after asspull after asspull. The story is not connectable. For me at least.

Just picture this:
    When i was a new player and played the Night Elf starting zone (the first of MANY times to come...) i met a Satyr in front of the first Tavern. He told me to do evil shit, and i was suspicious....but i did it. After all, the game did not give me the option to turn him down and ask about him in the next settlement. So it turned out to be wrong and evil....and i had to redeem myself.
    Now, 14 years later, i miss this kind of story. It is basically the same story as Sylvanas and the Horde in BFA...but it was so much more charming and small scale. The newer version is over the top and simply unbelieveable. After Garrosh, the Horde would NEVER follow Sylvanas into an all out attack on Ashenvale. It simply would not. There would be an assload of defectors and inner tenssion to the brim, even is she managed to get an army together in the end. But here we are, getting fed bullshit arguments why this all flies.

*sigh* The story would make a lot more sense if we left Azeroth and travelled to a place that we don't know, dominated by powers that we don't know and have to learn what they stand for. Changing the characteristics of old factions around just to create some arbitrary conflict is not my cup of tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, THIS is why I love time-traveling AU deals in storytelling! I hope these zealot draenei make their way to the MU at some point, along with Supreme Holder of the Gospel: Brother Hellscream!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    It's still possible for her to become an Ally character, if Blizz want her to become one ofc. They aren't fighting the Alliance in any way, shape, or form, LB goats are just fighting bad brown orcs

Anduin himself could go and visit them, Yrel's Naaru would see his true potential and tell her to follow his lead
    not really when she have become a Light zealot... atleast they could have done what they did with her. Nothing that would hurtless

Lets be real its not like Mag'har orcs were any better during WoD.. They didn't even need demon blood in order to go all genocidal and murder the shit out of everything within arms reach.

as for the light being good or evil, its neither it is a force that can be used for both good and nefarious means.

All the light needs is conviction and it will help you, like the Scarlet Crusade who believes everything beyond themselves is tainted by the scourge, that conviction drives them into extreme zealotry but because their beliefs are so adamant the light still heed their call.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2018-05-09 at 05:48 AM.