Thread: [Spoilers] Yrel

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    The Scarlet Crusade, Garithos, Blackmoore, Camp Taurajo, the massacre at the shores of Pandaria.
    Dont forget Druids of the flame(Night elf leader Fandral Staghelm). Twilight Cult(Church of the Light Archbishop Benedictus) were both allianced based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Dont forget Druids of the flame(Night elf leader Fandral Staghelm). Twilight Cult(Church of the Light Archbishop Benedictus) were both allianced based.
    oh, no see, when that happens, its never the alliance thats the cause of it. Their blameless babies who are 110% innocent of wrong doing.
    #boycottchina

120%

The Light of Elune with the Light of the Naaru each give 10% extra that stacks, so 120%.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know her being full fanatic and forcing others to join the light is not the best storyline but still why some people surprised? call it stuff like ass pull or out of character for Yrel?

I mean 35 years is more than enough for a person to change his way of thinking and mentality so her transformation and ideal is not out of character. Not enough build up because of time skip? sure yes I agree... but out of character? no I disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Actually all it's gonna do is reveal what hypocrites the alliance are in thinking it's great the draenei have become as bad as what they fought against
    This remind me....kinda same pattern for the Mag'har being as savage and as bloodthirsty as the fel corrupted green skinned orcs.

WoD and Garrosh ruined that uncorrupted orcs image unfortunately.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    While I know very little of the overall story with this new Yrel stuff, it sounds like they're going a bit... heretical with the light. Interesting idea, but I'll be a little sad if Yrel ends up being another tyrant we end up killing for loot. She was, character-wise, the best thing about WoD by far.
    She was pretty much the only thing that made WoD bearable..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I know her being full fanatic and forcing others to join the light is not the best storyline but still why some people surprised? call it stuff like ass pull or out of character for Yrel?

I mean 35 years is more than enough for a person to change his way of thinking and mentality so her transformation and ideal is not out of character. Not enough build up because of time skip? sure yes I agree... but out of character? no I disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

This remind me....kinda same pattern for the Mag'har being as savage and as bloodthirsty as the fel corrupted green skinned orcs.

That is the problem like the story for Thalyssra and her ilk joining the horde, this Yrel business smells so much of ass pulling story out of..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    She was pretty much the only thing that made WoD bearable..

- - - Updated - - -

That is the problem like the story for Thalyssra and her ilk joining the horde, this Yrel business smells so much of ass pulling story out of..
    It's 35 years man the time between Yrel of WoD and the evil Yrel you see now. And there is no Velen in the AU anymore to keep them in check so it's not ass pull tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Can't wait too see the howls of outrage from the Alliance when her apparent new role as murderess religious fanatic in BfA starts to become widely known.
    Hopefully. The alliance needs some crazy that is actually doing crazy
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's 35 years man the time between Yrel of WoD and the evil Yrel you see now. And there is no Velen in the AU anymore to keep them in check so it's not ass pull tbh.
    Yeah I suppose with AU Velen been made pretty much stardust, and as such with his influence and guiding hand and what not gone I suppose that would make, those who are left go a bit batty.. Just a shame as Y'rel was quite the hottie for a videogame character, on the level of Jaina hotness..

10+ Year Old Account

true, and not gonna forgive him for that or the writers. Garrosh pretty much fucked up everything redeemable about the orcs and they never really recovered.

So now not only have they done that to the orcs, their doing it to the draenei on draenor, turning them into the argent crusade, just as a means to get those said mag'har into the current horde.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Hopefully. The alliance needs some crazy that is actually doing crazy
    That would only work if the Alliance ever sees any of it. And at this point, they never will. Its Horde only content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    not stable kek, why cause the horde screwed her and she doesnt like them anymore. every single strong alliance female is bad cause they hate the horde lol, sensitive horde lol
    She's not stable because she was willing to throw away the entire universe to the Legion just because the rest of the council of six voted to allow Horde-affiliated mages back into the Kirin Tor. A rational being does not go so completely off the deep end for ANY reason, let alone one so provincial.

Therefore Jaina is not stable.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Ironic that the Druids of the Flame were the result of the Horde's invasion into Ashenvale and Malfurion (under Metzen's hand) being unwilling to fight hostile, genocidal invaders. I'm not saying Fandral Staghelm did nothing wrong, ... but Leyara certainly didn't. And saying the Twilight Cult is Alliance based because they had a double-agent in the Alliance's ranks is stupid because they had just as many in the Horde's.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Ironic that the Druids of the Flame were the result of the Horde's invasion into Ashenvale and Malfurion (under Metzen's hand) being unwilling to fight hostile, genocidal invaders. I'm not saying Fandral Staghelm did nothing wrong, ... but Leyara certainly didn't. And saying the Twilight Cult is Alliance based because they had a double-agent in the Alliance's ranks is stupid because they had just as many in the Horde's.
    Benedictus is the actually leader. He created the cult. He worked with Deathwing to Animate Chromatus and was planning to create another flight of dragons using Kirygosa(blue dragon). As far as the Druids of the Flame the idea that they were created because of the horde invasion is a joke. Fandral was corrupted by the nightmare long before the horde even invaded anything. He was an evil bastard all the way back in vanilla when he was forcing the Druids into a coma and creating world trees that without the aspect blessings. He is the main reason the Nightmare even existed.

Benedictus is the actually leader. He created the cult. He worked with Deathwing to Animate Chromatus and was planning to create another flight of dragons using Kirygosa(blue dragon). As far as the Druids of the Flame the idea that they were created because of the horde invasion is a joke. Fandral was corrupted by the nightmare long before the horde even invaded anything. He was an evil bastard all the way back in vanilla when he was forcing the Druids into a coma and creating world trees that without the aspect blessings. He is the main reason the Nightmare even existed.
    Yes. The Cult of Twilight has had many leaders. It also had eyes and ears within both the Horde and Alliance because it's almost like their old god masters know that making the factions fight is beneficial for them. The cult has also had ogre leaders, but we're just gonna ignore that, yeah?

And the Druids of the Flame had nothing to do with the Nightmare. Fandral was the first, but if you actually read quest text (I'm assuming you don't) then you'd know he recruited Leyara and the others because they were kind of mad that Malfurion refused to even tell the orcs to stop with the whole genocide thing. They weren't seduced by the siren song of "Yo I'm evil just 'cause lol."

Why would alliance care about things AU Draenei are doing? I doubt alliance will even be involved in that whole maghar recruitment scenario.
    That's like saying AU Grommash is horde during WoD.

Yes. The Cult of Twilight has had many leaders. It also had eyes and ears within both the Horde and Alliance because it's almost like their old god masters know that making the factions fight is beneficial for them. The cult has also had ogre leaders, but we're just gonna ignore that, yeah?

And the Druids of the Flame had nothing to do with the Nightmare. Fandral was the first, but if you actually read quest text (I'm assuming you don't) then you'd know he recruited Leyara and the others because they were kind of mad that Malfurion refused to even tell the orcs to stop with the whole genocide thing. They weren't seduced by the siren song of "Yo I'm evil just 'cause lol."
    Twilight had two leaders Cho'gall and Benedictus. Cho'gall was an ogre but hasn't been with the horde since the second war. Benedictus on the other hand has been leading the church of the light in stormwind since Vanilla. So we wont ignore that Cho'gall was around but he wasn't in any faction.

Fandral kept having dreams about his dead son(Xavius). He drugged the Druids while they were in the emerald dream. He graphed a piece of Xavius into his newly created world tree and allowed the nightmare to grow. Once it was found out he was then Imprisoned for his crimes. Later he was saved by the Twilight cult and turned into Ragnaros Majordomo.
    NPCs dont know the whole story. Leyara believed Fandral story and were convinced that Malfurion was in the wrong. Doesn't matter once they became servants of Ragnaros they no longer had free will. There is more to the story then one little questline in Hyjal her reason for joining doesn't matter because its only from her perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. The Cult of Twilight has had many leaders.
    No it didn't in fact Cho'gall was the main leader then after his death Bendictus became their leader and got the name the "Twilight Father".

I have no idea where are you bringing the idea of the cult had many leaders...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    There are always two sides of a coin.

We have heard the version of the Mag'har today. What is Yrel's version of the facts?

I'm actually interested on what happened to Durotan. His murderer might be the true villain of the new age of Draenor.
    Durotan could have be a mediator to stop the war between Draenei and Mag'har, as he always was a force of good and an honorable leader.
    Instead he was murdered. Was it an inside job to keep the war between both parties?
    Was it a rabid lightbound orc that killed him without the consent of the Draenei? (thinks about AU lightforged Garrosh...)
    Don't think he was ''murdered'', per se. He probably just died in the fight against the Lightbound.

10+ Year Old Account

Also Fandral was the main reason Malfurion didn't wake up until later on at the end of Wotlk era. He was using the Morrowgrain to trap Malfurion into the emerald dreams. This was revealed in Cataclysm expansion but the actual quest was in vanilla era.

So yes Fandral was long gone and corrupted long time ago ever since the aftermath of his son's horrible death.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it didn't in fact Cho'gall was the main leader then after his death Bendictus became their leader and got the name the "Twilight Father".

I have no idea where are you bringing the idea of the cult had many leaders...
    Not main leaders, but there are many Secondary leaders, whom all answers to the main leader - Cho'gall or Benedictus.