Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account

The light is coming next expansion or as a future patch [Spoilers]

I can't be the only one noticing all of the light characters that have been getting focus between Legion and BFA.

And what happened with Yrel in Draenor is clearly a hint of what could happen to Azeroth if the light is not stopped.

It also seems like Calia is being set up to replace Sylvanas as the leader of the Forsaken. I mean, she is literally the heir to Lordaeron and now she is undead and Sylvanas' people are starting to turn on her. Obviously Lordaeron is worthless currently but the forsaken still are from Lordaeron and are very familiar with Calia. Also, if Calia joined The Horde that would mean there is another light themed Horde character which is needed if they were going to do a light expansion. The Horde is super outnumbered in that department with pretty much just Liadrin and Calia being resurrected by the Light means they could have done something to her and she may end up not even being a permanent leader of the Forsaken either. I'm also not saying Sylvanas dies but I think the expansion for sure ends with her no longer leading The Horde and potentially no longer leading her own people. Knowing Blizzard they may turn her neutral like Khadgar. But yeah, I think they are definitely planting seeds for Calia to reunite with her people.

Then you have Taelia Fordragon showing up all the sudden. I know she isn't a light themed character yet but her old man was a paladin and she is most likely related to Mara Fordragon as well so it's probably going to happen when the time is right.

You also have Moira who is now going to be a featured character because of the addition of the Dark Iron Dwarves allied race.

Obviously you have Anduin & Velen.

Turalyon has been shown to easily be manipulated by the light and lets not forget his son Arator is also a paladin.

And The Naaru.

My assumption is BFA ends 2 ways:

#1 N'Zoth has been manipulating the war
    #2 The Light has been manipulating the war or starts to manipulate the war. Right now it seems as if Sylvanas is doing all kinds of shit and The Alliance isn't doing much bad stuff but that could change in a future patch.

And by defeating one of them (or weakening them severely) it makes the other stronger for the next expansion since the Light and the Void need each other to keep the other side from getting out of hand.

It's also possible that there is a #3 which is that N'Zoth and The Light have both been manipulating the war from different sides and we've all just been puppets and the next expansion really is just a war between the void and the light and this expansion is just part 1 of a 2 part story.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Calia would never join the Horde. She seeks to reunite humanity, dead and living in Lordaeron.

The Forsaken will follow Sylvanas to Orgimmar.
    However those that no longer wish to be forsaken, to no longer be abandoned, they will stay in Lordaeraon to rebuild. The remaing peoples of Lordaeron, both living and undead, rebuilding a kingdom under a Menethil.

I agree, The Light must be stopped! We should side with the Void so we can get an Old Gods allied race! I want to play as Cho'gall's model with two heads talking at the same time when I type and /yell.

After the Battle for Lordaeron, Sylvanas has left the continent. Those that remain have options. Got to Alterac and hold out with the Horde. Find a way to get to their Banshee Queen in the West. Or find their former princess in life, who may well be their new queen in undeath.

However about the Light. We've had a sharp uptake in that recently. First we just had human priests, then paladins, that high elf priests, dwarven priest and paladins. Draenei and their Naaru. Blood Knights who are now starting to have glowing holy eyes, Lightforged Draenei, Lightbound Orcs, and now a Light-based undead.

The few that we are not sure if they are related to the same Light or not are the Tauren Sun worshipers, Elune, and the Zandalari Troll's Prelates.

Deleted
    I sure hope that it's not going to be simply 'light vs void' in the future. I hope more for something along the lines of mortals vs 'higher beings' with different allies said mortals have from different factions of 'higher beings'. Like... something like Xe'ra as an antagonist and something like A'dal as an ally light-side. Something like an Old God as antagonist and something like Anzu (the uncorrupted one^^) and Ka'alu as an ally shadow-side.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I sure hope that it's not going to be simply 'light vs void' in the future. I hope more for something along the lines of mortals vs 'higher beings' with different allies said mortals have from different factions of 'higher beings'. Like... something like Xe'ra as an antagonist and something like A'dal as an ally light-side. Something like an Old God as antagonist and something like Anzu (the uncorrupted one^^) and Ka'alu as an ally shadow-side.
    I dunno. I just feel like it's going that way.

It feels like so many light seeds have been planted as of late and we already have been talking about more void shit because of all the old gods stuff that has been happening as well with G'huun, the old god influence in parts of Kul Tiras and of course Azshara/The Naga. Makes me think that this all leads to N'Zoth as I'm sure it makes others but the real interesting part is what happens once N'Zoth is defeated because then the Void has a real reason to finally pay attention to us. And we already have Alleria & The Void Elves using void magic. Everywhere you look you see light and void stuff.

I like the idea that if we defeat one of them (or weaken them greatly) that the other gets more powerful though. It makes things a little more complicated.

That said, I don't think all light users and void users will go crazy but Blizzard is setting up a lot of different roles. some may go crazy but others may be able to resist. I think Velen (now that Illidan has made him see things more clear) and Alleria for example could probably resist the influence. I think Anduin is easier to be influenced and may be pulled in a bit but maybe Velen can talk some sense in to him and I think a guy like Turalyon is too deep in to it and will do whatever the light wants him to do.

For the record though, I no longer think Yrel will be an enemy for us. I don't think Draenor is relevant anymore. I think she was just used to show us what could happen to our world if we don't figure this shit out. At first I was expecting her to be an enemy but she has no reason to be anymore. The way I read that text is that all of the Mag'har left are on Azeroth now. The Draenei won on Draenor. Grom and Durotan are dead. Draenor was always going to be doomed whether it be because of The Legion, because of the Orcs or because of The Draenei/The Light and the AU Orc survivors that now live on our world are just like the original orcs that came over looking for a new home. I think that's all Yrel is.

But as I said, I think the situation will be more complicated than it seems. I don't think we can just defeat one side or the other. There will be enemies that we have to defeat on both but we can't wipe out each side either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I dunno. I just feel like it's going that way.

It feels like so many light seeds have been planted as of late and we already have been talking about more void shit because of all the old gods stuff that has been happening as well with G'huun, the old god influence in parts of Kul Tiras and of course Azshara/The Naga. Makes me think that this all leads to N'Zoth as I'm sure it makes others but the real interesting part is what happens once N'Zoth is defeated because then the Void has a real reason to finally pay attention to us. And we already have Alleria & The Void Elves using void magic. Everywhere you look you see light and void stuff.

I like the idea that if we defeat one of them (or weaken them greatly) that the other gets more powerful though. It makes things a little more complicated.

That said, I don't think all light users and void users will go crazy but Blizzard is setting up a lot of different roles. some may go crazy but others may be able to resist. I think Velen (now that Illidan has made him see things more clear) and Alleria for example could probably resist the influence. I think Anduin is easier to be influenced and may be pulled in a bit but maybe Velen can talk some sense in to him and I think a guy like Turalyon is too deep in to it and will do whatever the light wants him to do.

For the record though, I no longer think Yrel will be an enemy for us. I don't think Draenor is relevant anymore. I think she was just used to show us what could happen to our world if we don't figure this shit out. At first I was expecting her to be an enemy but she has no reason to be anymore. The way I read that text is that all of the Mag'har left are on Azeroth now. The Draenei won on Draenor. Grom and Durotan are dead. Draenor was always going to be doomed whether it be because of The Legion, because of the Orcs or because of The Draenei/The Light and the AU Orc survivors that now live on our world are just like the original orcs that came over looking for a new home. I think that's all Yrel is.

But as I said, I think the situation will be more complicated than it seems. I don't think we can just defeat one side or the other. There will be enemies that we have to defeat on both but we can't wipe out each side either.
    I think Anduin is going to have it harder than we think at the moment and I sure hope Velen is going to help him, or rather they help each other in this, because my interpretation of the things happening on the meeting field in Before the Storm sees a lot more actual control from the Naaru on Anduin than just his good will. Up to now he is bearing it willingly, but I'm not sure if he will continue to be. I could also be wrong with this, ofc, as it is admittedly a little far fetched and may not be the case at all.

I'm still unsure about Turalyon, because of Alleria. He knows now that Xe'ra lied to them or rather kept important informations from them. He may still be ok with this, because he wanted to win against the Legion as badly as she did, but once the Light starts trying to make them go after shadow-users, not only 'bad guys' but all of them (like the Arrakoa in WoD did I mean), I could see him resist. Maybe he'll have to work out a way to be able to resist at all, or maybe he won't even be able to think about resisting, I'm not sure. But there sure is a story in there somehow and he might be one of the Light-users to tell an example story about this whole thing.

So my guess would be the first few stories about even knowing what the challenges are to really take control from 'higher beings' and shape the real mortal future would be more personal stories, showing some people learning about it, finding out how to cope with the realizations that come from it, some failing, some succeeding, but everything ultimately leading to the mortals making the rules for themselves and getting enough power to even do so against the void- and the light-forces using them.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think Anduin is going to have it harder than we think at the moment and I sure hope Velen is going to help him, or rather they help each other in this, because my interpretation of the things happening on the meeting field in Before the Storm sees a lot more actual control from the Naaru on Anduin than just his good will. Up to now he is bearing it willingly, but I'm not sure if he will continue to be. I could also be wrong with this, ofc, as it is admittedly a little far fetched and may not be the case at all.

I'm still unsure about Turalyon, because of Alleria. He knows now that Xe'ra lied to them or rather kept important informations from them. He may still be ok with this, because he wanted to win against the Legion as badly as she did, but once the Light starts trying to make them go after shadow-users, not only 'bad guys' but all of them (like the Arrakoa in WoD did I mean), I could see him resist. Maybe he'll have to work out a way to be able to resist at all, or maybe he won't even be able to think about resisting, I'm not sure. But there sure is a story in there somehow and he might be one of the Light-users to tell an example story about this whole thing.

So my guess would be the first few stories about even knowing what the challenges are to really take control from 'higher beings' and shape the real mortal future would be more personal stories, showing some people learning about it, finding out how to cope with the realizations that come from it, some failing, some succeeding, but everything ultimately leading to the mortals making the rules for themselves and getting enough power to even do so against the void- and the light-forces using them.
    I definitely agree. Anduin is young and easily manipulated and he has more light power than anyone his age should have. I just don't think he's in deep enough to be lost for good because he hasn't been practicing it that long. Turalyon has been at for literally over 1000 years. I don't think there is any saving him if he gets lost. But I think Anduin has enough trust in Velen for Velen to be able to talk him out of it but I don't think that happens quickly either. I think Anduin would struggle with it for a little while and make some bad calls and I do think those bad calls are coming. I just don't think it will be at the start of BFA. I'm think maybe first or second patch the Alliance starts doing some bad shit and it'll be Velen that eventually pulls Anduin out of it.

the blizzard i seen in the last few years, is waaay to uncreative for that.

it will go war, omg manipulated by nzoth, void vs light standard shit. imo.

It has always be mortals vs supreme beings, so we mortals are going to battle the void, the light, death, order, nature etc. Why? because we can chose we are not being created by a single kind of power but a mix (and everyone in open or underground hate mortals).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the blizzard i seen in the last few years, is waaay to uncreative for that.

it will go war, omg manipulated by nzoth, void vs light standard shit. imo.
    So civil war between Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves in the alliance? Finally, some conflict within the "goody two shoes faction!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So civil war between Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves in the alliance? Finally, some conflict within the "goody two shoes faction!"
    And then Anduin comes and tells everyone "Nu, dont do that! Thats bad!" and then they go "OK " and start licking his balls again. And then Christie Golden starts searching for her sex toys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And then Anduin comes and tells everyone "Nu, dont do that! Thats bad!" and then they go "OK " and start licking his balls again. And then Christie Golden starts searching for her sex toys.
    Lets face it, she will write him as ultimate mediator who can unite anyone.

Deleted
    The Naaru will become antagonists sooner or later and they will not be their void status

10+ Year Old Account
    it makes zero sense for Calia to join the Horde.
    as for the supposed patch/expansion... i'd love to kick some self-righteous light-wielding ass.

It is hinted that the Dreanei are just the last in a long line of races to follow the light to fight the void, but what happened to them?
    The lightbound of AU Dreanor show a join us or die mentality.
    This Calia debacle shows us that pretty much anything can be light infused.

I have a theory in regards to how new Naaru are born:

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    it makes zero sense for Calia to join the Horde.
    as for the supposed patch/expansion... i'd love to kick some self-righteous light-wielding ass.
    She is undead and the rightful heir to Lordaeron.
    Most of the Forsaken are from Lordaeron and have found a new home in The Horde.

I don't really see how it makes no sense.

Horde would need some changes, but maybe she feels like she can be the one to make The Horde better. Obviously Sylvanas would need to leave/die before that can happen though.

It's going to turn into Light vs Void expansion where you choose a side. Alliance and Horde will be split/non existent.

Alliance and Horde will have to choose to follow the Light or the Void and that will make up the new factions. (At least for one expansion)

(Certain races will not have the ability to choose due to their status, ie: Void Elf/Lightforged Draenei)
    Last edited by r3gul8r; 2018-05-19 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    It's going to turn into Light vs Void expansion where you choose a side. Alliance and Horde will be split/non existent.

Alliance and Horde will have to choose to follow the Light or the Void and that will make up the new factions. (At least for one expansion)

(Certain races will not have the ability to choose due to their status, ie: Void Elf/Lightforged Draenei)
    it sounds interesting at first.
    but it doesnt make too much sense.
    because the majority of people are not extremists "choose black or white, or gtfo".
    most people preffer a "grey" allignment, from what i understand.

personally, i would still play that expansion but i wouldnt like it that much.
    no interest in choosing either the boring-tyranical Light, or the edgy-teen Void.
    i'd rather be somewhere in the middle.