Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    This is likely a ersonal 15% bonus to rogues and mages, since they can just flee the scene on demand if they ever get attacked.

Blizzard themselves have stated they arn't sure why people avoid PVP like the plague. Warmode and the rewards, are simply a carrot to help encourage it.
    Really, a billion dollar company can't figure out that if a rogue happens to quest somewhere and he gets attacked by virtually any other class in the game, they need to push 1 button in order to get away with no way to ever getting catched again.

ANd vica verca, if you happened to be ANYthing BUT a rogue (maybe mage if he blinks/invis away) and you are happily killing some mobs for a quest, a rogue jumps from behind landing 5 different stuns, without ANY chance to get away is somehow FUN?
    Last edited by mmocdd88deccb5; 2018-05-12 at 05:09 PM.

You're not being punished because nothing is being taken away from you. That's like saying I'm being "punished" for not liking pvp that much by having there be interesting prestige rewards and transmogs I can get from PvP that motivate me to PvP anyway.

I suggest visiting your local leveling engineer and buying plenty of Stealthman 54's for when you go afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    You're not being punished because nothing is being taken away from you. That's like saying I'm being "punished" for not liking pvp that much by having there be interesting prestige rewards and transmogs I can get from PvP that motivate me to PvP anyway.

I suggest visiting your local leveling engineer and buying plenty of Stealthman 54's for when you go afk.
    PVE players may perceive it as a punishment. Not only the XP gain but the ability to gain three additional talents for questing so PVE players will be livid when they learn to play unpruned classes they have to turn on warmode.

The experience bonus is a compensation for the time you'll waste in world pvp.. in no way it's a bonus.

However at launch, since both factions will be on their own continent.. it IS a bonus...

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    stop whining. Risk should give rewards and incentive to wpvp is great.
    Considering how imbalanced wpvp has always been and how it heavily favors grouping up and just destroying anyone you come across, no it really shouldn't give excess rewards than the Honor you get from killing an enemy. As it is, after getting a certain amount of honor you get AP or gold every level, you also get a big reward after 50 levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    PvPers complain they are forced to do PVE content to get gear.......yet they are happy when blizzard "forces" PVE players to PVP to get bonuses. I thought people PVP because they loved the play style. Didn't know they had to be bribed into doing world Pvp.
    Think of it this way: Have a taste of the medicine that we've endured with the gutting of our servers, and the having to do content were not interested in due to your tender feelings. If having our experience watered down constantly by PvEers, and being told that we deserve it has taught us anything? It's spite, and a hate for carebears. Its been like me being a vegetarian so you arent allowed to eat meat, and now I've won a huge victory by making it so you cant eat meat in your own home; but instead you have to go to a special carnivore zone with the rest of the evil people to enjoy a burger, BUT WAIT! the carnivore zone is unfair now! because you get more napkins to compensate for a possibly messier meal and I demand that you lose your napkins. Seems rather petty and selfish now doesnt it?
    Last edited by raz98; 2018-05-12 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They should have kept the bonuses exclusive to PvP rewards.

Either way War Mode is a terrible idea in general, all it’ll do is split what’s left of sever communities even further and drain the number of groups available in the group finder (You can’t see the groups of war mode enabled players there).

They should have just let people stuck on PvP realms transfer to other servers for free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I like it. I hate PvP, but I will turn it on the first night/day and see what happens. If I get killed a lot, I'll turn it off, but if I don't, I'll welcome the reward.
    Due to the structure of BFA zones, the chances of running into a PVP encounter in the first night/day are basically zero. Afaik while leveling, it's impossible for alliance and horde to meet each other, so nothing will happen.
    EVERYBODY should have war mode on in the first night/day because it's free experience, the only drawback would be overcrowding.

You can access the opposite faction continent only at max level, meaning that while leveling the only enemies you'll encounter will be 120. Also when you're 120 and exploring the enemy zones, you're most likely to encounter leveling players.
    It's a bit of a mess imo.

Regarding the claims that it's a choice and if you want greater rewards you have to take more risks, i disagree. This wasn't supposed to be "gambling mode" and that bonus is not supposed to act as bait to lure people who aren't interested in PVP to warmode. The act of subsidizing one of the modes undermines the whole concept of playing based on your preference.

It makes much more sense to me for the rewards to be PVP oriented as other suggested, granting extra honor on quest completion and various unique effect items obtain from looting enemy corpses (think of those found on Timeless isle or Ashran).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    Blizzard is tyring to fix wpvp that's why there is buff from War Mode.
    But NO! There is always someone who will cry about 10% more gold/ap/rep only cause he dont want wpvp.
    Pretty much, don't turn it on, stop your fucking childish whinging and move on. Blizzard is finally doing something right with wpvp and all of shitheads are acting like they had their lollipops taken away.

Turn it on and get good or learn to like getting your ass farmed and like it. Now that wpvp is consentual, imma stop being a PvP server carebear I was and start killing everyone on sight now.

7+ Year Old Account
    War mode should just give pvp bonuses. If it gives more XP and rep or whatever then it just fucks over people on pve servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not worth it, though as a Warlock I'll likely turn it on because 3/4 of the potential encounters will end up being stomped or outright too intimidated to try anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Pretty much, don't turn it on, stop your fucking childish whinging and move on. Blizzard is finally doing something right with wpvp and all of shitheads are acting like they had their lollipops taken away.

Turn it on and get good or learn to like getting your ass farmed and like it. Now that wpvp is consentual, imma stop being a PvP server carebear I was and start killing everyone on sight now.
    I like how your stance is "get good" yet wpvp has been vastly imbalanced since the start of the game. Casters are always at a disadvantage to melee in wpvp and also the fact that Rogues have always dominated wpvp and no I'm not just talking about Legion with the legendaries/followers that made them able to kill someone in a single stun. Tanks have also been obnoxious as fuck and near impossible to 1v1, especially in Legion and it's not changing thusfar for BFA. There shouldn't be added rewards just because you're playing the right spec/class, as it is wpvp is already more rewarding than a pve server with gaining honor from kills, every level you get AP or Gold and a huge reward after 50 levels.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
    You can access the opposite faction continent only at max level, meaning that while leveling the only enemies you'll encounter will be 120. Also when you're 120 and exploring the enemy zones, you're most likely to encounter leveling players.
    It's a bit of a mess imo.
    This is totally untrue - you are being sent to opposing faction areas while leveling and you will do this because you can't get WQs unlocked if you don't complete intro quests in each opposing zone.

Basically - to do optimal path to 120 you need to do all 3 opposing faction intro quests before you hit 120. As alliance - something like Nazmir and Vol'dun puts you right in the middle of a somewhat busy Horde leveling path. Vol'dun literally tosses you into a neutral hub soon after initial landing where you will encounter Horde because their quests lead to the same hub as well. Zuldazar is the only one that puts you in relative safety on the side where Horde are unlikely to go.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-05-12 at 10:31 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They basically did this in Wrath, Wintergrasp was a very good resource for crafting materials but you had to be flagged for PVP to take advantage of it. It worked out fine, lots of people did PVP and the game was at its peak of popularity.

Want the bonuses?
    Take the risks associated with said bonuses.

How is this even a topic?

Deleted
    I promise you it wont be worth running around with pvp enabled for 15% extra experience. Remember that literally everyone you will meet made the choice of being pvp active and then going questing. Its gonna be a festival of cancer and people are gonna whine all over the forums about how its "literally unplayable".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This is totally untrue - you are being sent to opposing faction areas while leveling and you will do this because you can't get WQs unlocked if you don't complete intro quests in each opposing zone.

Basically - to do optimal path to 120 you need to do all 3 opposing faction intro quests before you hit 120. As alliance - something like Nazmir and Vol'dun puts you right in the middle of a somewhat busy Horde leveling path. Vol'dun literally tosses you into a neutral hub soon after initial landing where you will encounter Horde because their quests lead to the same hub as well. Zuldazar is the only one that puts you in relative safety on the side where Horde are unlikely to go.
    I don't know where you're getting this from, i played on beta to 120 and was never send on the opposite faction zone until max level. That was part of a "war campaign" that had short mini-chains of quests to establish an outpost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I like how your stance is "get good" yet wpvp has been vastly imbalanced since the start of the game. Casters are always at a disadvantage to melee in wpvp and also the fact that Rogues have always dominated wpvp and no I'm not just talking about Legion with the legendaries/followers that made them able to kill someone in a single stun. Tanks have also been obnoxious as fuck and near impossible to 1v1, especially in Legion and it's not changing thusfar for BFA. There shouldn't be added rewards just because you're playing the right spec/class, as it is wpvp is already more rewarding than a pve server with gaining honor from kills, every level you get AP or Gold and a huge reward after 50 levels.
    Again, don't like it, then don't flag yourself. No risk vs reward for you then. Simple, right?

Tanks got nerfed and casters do just fine 1 on 1 btw.

Again, get good or don't put up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Again, don't like it, then don't flag yourself. No risk vs reward for you then. Simple, right?

Tanks got nerfed and casters do just fine 1 on 1 btw.

Again, get good or don't put up with it.
    Again, there is no risk when it's imbalanced and unfair. You can keep saying "get good" all you like, but from a multi-glad it has nothing to do with being good or bad in wpvp just how much gear you have and what class/spec you're playing. If you honestly think tanks aren't still broken and most casters can 1v1 a melee you must be special. Tanks have been nerfed several times in PvP they're still the strongest thing around right now and can very easily 1v1 anything. You're honestly just a troll at this point.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
    I don't know where you're getting this from, i played on beta to 120 and was never send on the opposite faction zone until max level. That was part of a "war campaign" that had short mini-chains of quests to establish an outpost.
    In Nazmir you are at Fort Victory right in the middle of the zone and that Blood Trolls outpost all Horde initially goes to. In Vol'dun you are getting to the Temple with friendly Sethrakk, same one all Horde is funneled to.

If these aren't crossing path with Horde I don't know what is.