Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    War mode has built-in disadvantage. You'll be ganked and you'll spend time handling that. So those 15% bonuses are meant to compensate that. I don't really think that it's even enough, I think it should be something like +100% at least, because I know that if I'll be leveling in War mode, I'll PvP constantly.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    during the first few days though, how likely is it that a 120 alliance toon will camp out near the horde starting zones and pick people off? near world quests, sure, but that won't be for a few days at least.

I thought 'tons of people' wanted wpvp so why is there this need to 'compensate a possible loss of time if someone fights you'?
    If you are having fun fighting in wpvp, that wouldnt really be a loss of time, right? It would be a fun time?

Personally i dont care either way, but the need to put a reward to keep wpvp active seems to show the majority really dislike wpvp, doesnt it?

You are NOT punished for not doing wpvp, we are rewarded to compensate the time we where dead becouse of a player
    or in a fight with a player. Or should i put the question EXACTLY LIKE YOU??? Why pve players get items with 30-40+ ilvls more than pvp players?? We, pvp players don't want to feel behind with item levels so we HAVE to do pve to get our gear. In legion i myself a pvp player HAD to do pve (hc raids, myth +15) to get my 970 ilvl on my chars and it feels like a punish for me, i should be able to get the EXACT gear from pvp. Oh and the pve felt way more easier than the pvp, so, if you're asking me, pve players should get lower ilvl items than pvp players.
    Bosses are easier than players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    I thought 'tons of people' wanted wpvp so why is there this need to 'compensate a possible loss of time if someone fights you'?
    If you are having fun fighting in wpvp, that wouldnt really be a loss of time, right? It would be a fun time?

Personally i dont care either way, but the need to put a reward to keep wpvp active seems to show the majority really dislike wpvp, doesnt it?
    So, why are pvp players needed to do pve to get their gear?? I feel punished for playing pvp bcs i don't have the same rewards as pve players. In legion i played pve just to gear my char up to 970 ilvl.

I love playing my Demon Hunter, but I can't help but feel I'm being punished for not being a Paladin because they have a bubble and I don't.

See how silly that sounds now?

Deleted
    Guys the OP is a Top Ten World raider, he really NEEDS that 10% to keep in pair at that level, stop being so rude, Top Tier Raider have feelings too!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
    I don't know where you're getting this from, i played on beta to 120 and was never send on the opposite faction zone until max level. That was part of a "war campaign" that had short mini-chains of quests to establish an outpost.
    And that war campaign starts before 120, I think as early as 112. You just didn't visit Nathanos on the boat or whatever the Alliance equivalent is before you hit 120. I used those expedition quests to level from 119 to 120, so you can definitely do them before 120, but I'm not sure how early exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This is totally untrue - you are being sent to opposing faction areas while leveling and you will do this because you can't get WQs unlocked if you don't complete intro quests in each opposing zone.

Basically - to do optimal path to 120 you need to do all 3 opposing faction intro quests before you hit 120. As alliance - something like Nazmir and Vol'dun puts you right in the middle of a somewhat busy Horde leveling path. Vol'dun literally tosses you into a neutral hub soon after initial landing where you will encounter Horde because their quests lead to the same hub as well. Zuldazar is the only one that puts you in relative safety on the side where Horde are unlikely to go.
    As I said above, you could just do them when you hit 119, so it's not like you HAVE to go into enemy territory severely underleveled.
    Last edited by reauxmont; 2018-05-13 at 08:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    And that war campaign starts before 120, I think as early as 112. You just didn't visit Nathanos on the boat or whatever the Alliance equivalent is before you hit 120. I used those expedition quests to level from 119 to 120, so you can definitely do them before 120, but I'm not sure how early exactly.
    Nathanos was in the temple with the princess the whole time, the quest to visit him on the boat opened at 120.
    I don't know why my experience was different, although i really doubt you'll have people leveling on the opposite faction islands with warmode on. It makes little sense.

However this doesn't change my initial statement, i would still recommend enabling warmode while leveling because even if it might be possible for the opposite faction
    to start on your islands that's highly improbable and for all intents and purposes the chances your leveling experience could be disrupted by PVP is close to zero.

I'd like to have the ability to get loot off players in this mode.

Man, you'd hate EVE. That game is built on risk = reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Calex View Post
    After the announcement of the new pvp flagging system I was really happy because I absolutely hate wpvp. When I'm in the open world I do not wish to be disturbed by some asshat that has nothing better to do than attack players of the opposite faction , especially when I'm on low level alts. So to get to my point, with the bonuses that are currently on the beta for war mode turned on , I can't help but feel punished for not wanting to take part in wpvp. At the start of the expansion it will be fine to play with war mode to take advantage of the bonuses because we will be separated on two different continents, but that will change in a day or two.If you ask me the war mode bonuses should be pvp specific only.None of that xp,gold or azerite bonuses.On live servers now if I play on a pve realm the only difference is that I will not be attacked in the open world.And before somebody ask me why I play on a pvp realm if I hate pvp so much, when I started playing the game all my friends played on a pvp realm so you get where I'm going and I'm not paying hundreds of euros for server transfers.What do you think about this?
    the thing is 15 % is quite shit - lets say leveling 110-120 will take you 15 hours then this means you are saving just 2:15 which is not that much overall

also as a plus - i think ton of people underused grouping while leveling - i know that when leveling my main in legion i was doin everything alone but then doin alts i noticed that for each euqest there were always at least 2-3 groups - so just join them - then you will have 5 people vs 1 ganker

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1312 View Post
    So, why are pvp players needed to do pve to get their gear?? I feel punished for playing pvp bcs i don't have the same rewards as pve players. In legion i played pve just to gear my char up to 970 ilvl.
    This is false, high rated PvP gives you the same as Mythic Raiding. If you're not good at PvP then you "need" to to PvE to have the same IL as 2200+ players. Though the time is better spent getting better at PvP if you only care about PvPing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This is false, high rated PvP gives you the same as Mythic Raiding. If you're not good at PvP then you "need" to to PvE to have the same IL as 2200+ players. Though the time is better spent getting better at PvP if you only care about PvPing.
    You will NEVER GET 980+ ilvl as a 2200 player but as a mythic player. As a 2200 player you will get 960 ilvl = hc raider and doing a hc is 100 times easier than doing 2200 rating and you get an 950+ ilvl item once per week while in hc you will get at least 2 950+ ilvl items once per week + a chance for aman'thul trinket which is a lot better than doimg pvp.

You will NEVER GET 980+ ilvl as a 2200 player but as a mythic player. As a 2200 player you will get 960 ilvl = hc raider and doing a hc is 100 times easier than doing 2200 rating and you get an 950+ ilvl item once per week while in hc you will get at least 2 950+ ilvl items once per week + a chance for aman'thul trinket which is a lot better than doimg pvp.
    Are you crazy? 960 is baseline Mythic Antorus. 2200 gives 960 gear. That's equal gear. PvP gear has the same chance to Titanforge that PvE does. So at this point you just look and sound insane. You are not forced to do PvE content, just because it's "easier" does not mean that you need to do it for gear, you're making a choice and its not a forced choice because you don't need to do PvE to get equal gear.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2018-05-13 at 09:31 PM.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
    Nathanos was in the temple with the princess the whole time, the quest to visit him on the boat opened at 120.
    I don't know why my experience was different, although i really doubt you'll have people leveling on the opposite faction islands with warmode on. It makes little sense.
    The quest to visit him may have popped up at 120, but he was still there the whole time, you just didn't go there. Pretty sure I just noticed it because I did quests in the port and saw the orange exclamation point on the minimap.

Are you crazy? 960 is baseline Mythic Antorus. 2200 gives 960 gear. That's equal gear. PvP gear has the same chance to Titanforge that PvE does. So at this point you just look and sound insane. You are not forced to do PvE content, just because it's "easier" does not mean that you need to do it for gear, you're making a choice and its not a forced choice because you don't need to do PvE to get equal gear.
    1. The same is warr mode. Nobody is forced to activate it.
    2. 3 960+ ilvl items weekly are not equal to 1.

I was wondering when the care bears were going to start bitching about losing 15% exp.

People make me smile.

1) No average Mythic Raider is 11/11M first week, PvPers can easily be 2400 in the first week of a season and normally are if they aren't garbage.
    No average PvPer can easily be 2400 in the first week of any season, hell, on my realm there are LOTS of people with 300 arenas palyed and below 2k.

1. The same is warr mode. Nobody is forced to activate it.
    2. 3 960+ ilvl items weekly are not equal to 1.
    1) Having unequal values that effect PvE more than it effects PvP makes it forced for players who want to maximize time.
    2) You're guaranteed 3 pieces of loot, Mythic Raiders are not. There are weeks where my guild does a full 11/11M clear and we see zero plate pieces drop, we've also seen weeks where no leather drops, and even if it does drop you aren't guaranteed to get it over other raiders. Mythic Raiders also put in a lot more time to get their kills to get the loot. No average Mythic Raider is 11/11M first week, PvPers can easily be 2400 in the first week of a season and normally are if they aren't garbage.

You actually are special, done debating with someone like you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I was wondering when the care bears were going to start bitching about losing 15% exp.

People make me smile.
    People don't care about "15% exp" people care about the other rewards that wpvp has being 10% increased gains on gold and azerite when you're level 120, but you're too busy posting and being a troll to read what people care about huh?
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The xp rewards and pvp rewards dont bother me. The azerite seems problematic though for the simple reason that there are only a limited number of world quests per day. With leveling you will hit 120 within a day or two anyway and no matter what mode you are in you will not run out of quests, there is a hard cap anyway but azerite is our "whole expansion" progression system and with the gear requiring constantly increasing necklace levels this is going to lead to a situation where it's required for certain situations. Similar to the problem we had in early nighthold which resulted in constant back to back maw of souls runs except you either play the game with war mode or you don't join your raids till a week later.