Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    All talent systems in this game have been illusions of choise. Would you prefer not having talents to choose from at all so no one would complain about them?

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    All talent systems in this game have been illusions of choise. Would you prefer not having talents to choose from at all so no one would complain about them?
    yes, definitely yes, old talent tress (that is before MoP) did just that- they offered very little variance for most part
    especially if it would mean (and it most likely would) mean better class design, more balanced enviroment and better emphasis of different class/spec strengths/weaknesses

How the hell can you call a DK that can have 2 aura's at a time a nerf?!? Sorry to say but Legion was a 'we give up, lets just give these tryhards everything possible' - three legendaries and a badass legendary artifact, c'mon cant honestly think to keep all that stuff going into a stat crush. Common Sense. You arent going to get all the goodies or even any of them.

Ive seen some of these pvp 'talents', one you will for sure use, but historically people will use the 3 that busts nuts, so the others are irrelevant. What blizz wants is for the player to use choice. Some are good, some are terrible.

PVP will be like it is now, pick the talents that will destroy others, I mean some of the talents now are passives which be realistic some wont tell either way...

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    How the hell can you call a DK that can have 2 aura's at a time a nerf?!? Sorry to say but Legion was a 'we give up, lets just give these tryhards everything possible' - three legendaries and a badass legendary artifact, c'mon cant honestly think to keep all that stuff going into a stat crush. Common Sense. You arent going to get all the goodies or even any of them.

Ive seen some of these pvp 'talents', one you will for sure use, but historically people will use the 3 that busts nuts, so the others are irrelevant. What blizz wants is for the player to use choice. Some are good, some are terrible.

PVP will be like it is now, pick the talents that will destroy others, I mean some of the talents now are passives which be realistic some wont tell either way...
    Lol one more of the "dks will have 3 auras at time so op lololol"
    No, DKs wont have 3 auras, DKs might in fact have zero auras, noone will lose reducing the CD of the main dmg burst by 2min, necrotic strike, or aoe magic shield wall for a crap 10% less nemey health.

This change just screw with some classes like holy paladins that had one more row with interesting choices like bigger aura range or 30% speed on BoF.
    Everyone will get the mandatory talents if they want to be competitive because the classes are designed with them in mind.

Deleted
    This change just screw with some classes like holy paladins that had one more row with interesting choices like bigger aura range or 30% speed on BoF.
    Well, unless our number are high enough to use flash of light instead of holy light, not a single holy pal will take something else than Light's Grace and Blessed Hands.
    Without the first one, we are not viable right now.

That let us only one PvP talent left.

Absolutely no choice at all. Unless the Azerite thingy got updated to give us more choices.

Deleted
    It is entirely subjective to the class and spec you are playing, which goes a long way to exhibit why the legion talents for a lot of classes were terrible and need deleting as the only thing that has changed for those cookie cutter classes is that they lost a whole talent.

SP for example you have 0 talents to play with a you are locked into Dark Shadow, void origins and Shift because otherwise you just die to melee, and good lucky trying to get your voidform cast off, even against caster comps, these talents so are mandatory to bridge the gap between healer CD's and to maintain decent voidform uptime its not funny.

And then you have say sub rogue, which guess what because so much of their survivability/utility is BASELINE they are like i can take coldblood, thiefs bargain AND phantom assassin no wonder they are like SIGN ME UP!! I dont need smokebomb when my target dies with the healer in one kidney/sheep due to burst.

Or why not let frost mages have a 1min Icy Veins/stun immunity AND empowered Orb, so those RMP goes are even worse................

Shit is a joke, its fucking OP as fuck for some classes and utterly trash for others, like i said all it does is highlight how unbalanced Legion pvp class design was and now because they are too lazy to make new talents its going to be even worse.

Deleted
    I'm pretty hyped too

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    It is entirely subjective to the class and spec you are playing, which goes a long way to exhibit why the legion talents for a lot of classes were terrible and need deleting as the only thing that has changed for those cookie cutter classes is that they lost a whole talent.

SP for example you have 0 talents to play with a you are locked into Dark Shadow, void origins and Shift because otherwise you just die to melee, and good lucky trying to get your voidform cast off, even against caster comps, these talents so are mandatory to bridge the gap between healer CD's and to maintain decent voidform uptime its not funny.

And then you have say sub rogue, which guess what because so much of their survivability/utility is BASELINE they are like i can take coldblood, thiefs bargain AND phantom assassin no wonder they are like SIGN ME UP!! I dont need smokebomb when my target dies with the healer in one kidney/sheep due to burst.

Or why not let frost mages have a 1min Icy Veins/stun immunity AND empowered Orb, so those RMP goes are even worse................

Shit is a joke, its fucking OP as fuck for some classes and utterly trash for others, like i said all it does is highlight how unbalanced Legion pvp class design was and now because they are too lazy to make new talents its going to be even worse.
    This is a good point.

Classes and specs with a more complete baseline tool kit are ahead which is why all classes and specs need to be unpruned for a level playing field. Then the warmode talents truly become a choice.

I fully agree, there is no balance going on by tossing basically all PvP talents into one pool right now.

At least on Live you could have some argument over certain talents, but even there the imbalance is insane, as Elemental Shaman i'd laugh at anyone suggesting to pick anything else than Fire & Ice.

In BfA it's similiar, Grounding becomes a PvP Talent for every spec again, hm...will i pick Grounding, an insane tool against any Comp involving at least one guy casting harmful spells or will i pick Spectral Recovery, healing myself for 3% every 2 seconds in a form i want to spend as little time as possible in?

It feels like in this pool are always 1-2 powerful auto choices, afterwards you just choose a 3rd talent because it's the least lackluster.

The result is just that the overall powerlevel goes down because you get less talents overall but you will choose the same "important ones" again.

I think the best solution at this point would probably be to just use the Legion talent system but only with three tiers.
    1.PvP Trinket row
    2.Defense / Mobility
    3.Dps / Support (Stuff like Skyfury Totem)

Can obviously vary between classes

Make those talents decent that the choice matters, there is no point in having 5 Tier Rows if like 3 / 5 have auto choices because they're too strong.
    Also might help that they are less obscure talents going on from certain specs, i got really surprised by the fact that Prot Pallies can cast a channeled Bubble on other people (Guardian of Forgotten Queen)