Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Chicken soup and antibiotic !

Green Machine smoothie and Theraflu. If I have to go to work, I'll actually mix Theraflu into my coffee, producing a foul-tasting elixir that allows me to function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom yum goong. Spicy for my nose. Sour for my throat. ❤
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

vodka

/10char

Very spicy Buffalo Wings

Deleted
    Water made of 10char limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Wasn’t the whole vitamin c thing a scam? That studies found little to no evidence of it helping to prevent or treat a cold?

Favorite get well food would be clam chowder and buttered bread.
    From what I've read it can help prevent, but it really doesn't do anything if you're already infected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Menudo.

the Mexican Cure-All
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    nachos and very spicy salsa and beer.

Chicken soup is the only thing I eat when I'm sick.

Be sure to add a bit of salt to help with water retention.

Hot and sour soup. The saltiness helps the throat, the spice helps clear the sinuses temporarily.

Soup and Creme probably the logical answer for most. If you are sick, nothing is better then warm, yet lazy food. Soup is easy to make, easy to eat because its mostly liquid and warm.

Coca-cola light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing really. I just ask my grandma to cook me anything and I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    It's not really a scam...in the US particularly a lot of people are somewhat deficient in vitamin C. Even if you're not deficient enough to outright cause scurvey, it can still cause problems, like a weakened immune system. If these people take vitamin C supplements, their immune system starts working normally, and they think "oh, vitamin C must be good for colds". So there is sort of a grain of truth there. But you're right in that if a person that is not deficient in vitamin C takes supplements it won't help anything (it doesn't hurt though, you can't really overdose on vitamin C).

For me...I just make egg drop soup with chicken broth and a small amount of Dave's Insanity Sauce.
    Things like Emergen-C also provide an energy boost. Most people have a routine that includes drinking their coffee or energy drink, how ever they typically get through their day. Add in some kind of "supplement" that is giving you 4000% of your daily vitamic C, D, niacin, etc... Is going to make you feel more awake and alert. Couple that with the person already not feeling well and suddenly "Vitamin C helps with colds".
    It's technically not wrong to say it, but the Vitamin C isn't effecting the cold, it's effecting you, which effects the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Things like Emergen-C also provide an energy boost. Most people have a routine that includes drinking their coffee or energy drink, how ever they typically get through their day. Add in some kind of "supplement" that is giving you 4000% of your daily vitamic C, D, niacin, etc... Is going to make you feel more awake and alert. Couple that with the person already not feeling well and suddenly "Vitamin C helps with colds".
    It's technically not wrong to say it, but the Vitamin C isn't effecting the cold, it's effecting you, which effects the cold.
    Placebo. Your body users what it can, and pisses out the rest. FFS just eat an orange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chicken soup, Vernors and green tea.

Good old Vitamin C myths always alive. No the people in the US are not Vitamin C deficitient. Most of you piss away vitamin C every day. Wanna know what happens when you are Vitamin C deficient? You get Scurvy, something we used to get when all we could bring at sea without it going bad: Alcohol and ultra salted meat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nutella, chocolate. Although I devour that even when I feel normal.

Depends how I'm not well.

Cold: Eat it all. Everything. Keep eating.

Flu: Well-seasoned broths (pho, for example), and clear liquids.

Hungover: Burger with pizza as the bun stuffed with fries and hot sauce mayo. Put a fried egg and some bacon on it too. Bring it.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2018-05-12 at 06:49 PM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.