Poll: Capping Titanforging

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm fine with it uncapped but only if blizzard adds a currency for upgrading gear and crafting gem sockets. I don't want more chances for gear but a chance to fight back when rng tells me to go fuck myself. I don't enjoy throwing more attempts in the hopes something happens. It just feels massively unrewarding. I also don't understand titan-forging purpose, it's suppose to be a bonus for doing something your suppose to do but it also treats people unequally regardless of the amount of effort put into the content. I don't get a bonus at work for doing the better minimum.

I also don't want to go back to raid than log off either but luck as a form of progression is aids.

Just give us a currency to upgrade gear that gets more expensive each time. So players who do high-end content need less and gain more which means they get upgrades first. Let the final raid boss drop fully maxed titan-forge gear as well like 2 per week when you beat him under certain condition. Like let comic rays pierce Argus room during last phase and if a raid lets him soak them he becomes empowered. The rays empower your reward at the end or some shit.

Another suggestion can we ignore mythic raids lockouts to practice mythic raid boss but disable achievements and rewards at the same time. I loved to practice because raids are the best source of ilvl per hour spent and getting mythic down is guaranteed item level.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-05-14 at 04:36 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

They 100% don't want you to practice mythic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    They 100% don't want you to practice mythic bosses.
    Why is that just makes sure it opens after world first goes down and it's a suggestion for a reason. Achievements and loot would be disabled the only reason to do it would be practice. Shit it's a great way to test trials.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-05-14 at 05:30 AM.

A normal piece should at most TF up to heroic difficulty. A heroic piece at most to mythic. Mythic to cap (slightly above mythic). It's kinda laughable how you can run around with normal pieces that are already better than heroic or even mythic base pieces, by zerging through normal for 1.5 hours a week when you won't seeing mythic bosses for a while or at all.

Edit: Since it's not in the poll, I'm okay if it skips at most to the next tier. Not ideal but that is something I think can be reasonable. Skipping further into the next tier/difficulty though, that is too much imho. Or they should do it like they did with PvP in legion season 1&2, where you only can get certain stuff if you already have enough iLvl. That means if you are already on a mythic I Lvl that LFR piece could TF up to mythic (with super low chance), but otherwise I can't. That way the goal to incentivise running lower stuff still stays, but people won't skip progression throught the ranks by luck/accident.

As for incentive, I usually run those lower difficulties for transmog, but then that won't be the case with BFA anymore I guess. I certainly know that alot of incentive to bust your ass in mythic is lost when you already have a few pieces that tf up to that level.. months ago.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-05-14 at 05:57 AM.

mythic+ gear should be able to reach the cap but doing higher keys should also buff the base level of the gear drops.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Why is that just makes sure it opens after world first goes down and it's a suggestion for a reason. Achievements and loot would be disabled the only reason to do it would be practice. Shit it's a great way to test trials.
    Blizzard has said they don't want you to practice mythic bosses. I wish I could find the quote.

Voted for two points of forging, but let's make it +5/+10 for good measure. And return the upgrade system with same two points of forging (if an item forges twice - you can't upgrade it, if an item forges once - you can upgrade it once for +5, if an item doesn't forge - you can upgrade it twice).

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    People who vote no cap are objectively wrong.
    And want a free reward for no effort. Who cares about these precious snowflakes...

Not a fan of titanforging, but while it's there it should be capped at current tier.

Deleted
    Great reasoning

I think TF should be capped at base mythic raid loot ilvl. I really don't think I should ever do something like I did the other day where I replaced a mythic trinket I was using for AoE with the same trinket except it dropped from a heroic pug and was 5 ilvls higher. It sounds cool when you're doing other activities that you can get something cool but it feels really bad that heading into I guess the... 16th? week of mythic farm after killing Argus I actually looted an upgrade from heroic that replaced the same item from mythic. It'll make you stop and consider maybe just clearing the raid on every difficulty every week might be worth it. I don't really take issue with the whole system. I just think TF shouldn't extend beyond the highest difficulty loot drops.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2018-05-14 at 07:08 AM.

Never liked the system but I understand why it is in the game and will never go away.

I'm very casual nowadays. When I happen to get high TF piece I immediately feel like I don't deserve this.
    I'm fine with ilvl that truly shows I don't do anything higher than LFR, this was not the case in Legion.
    My ilvl was always atleast 15 ilvls higher than the content I was doing warrants. (Legendaries and TF)

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol. No cap.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

My Version would be cap TF to mythic base level. So that everything above that can only come from mythic raiding. But this wish is a bit snowflakey.

In the end TF is not the problem it is made out to be. Whenever someone gets something you should be happy for him/her. Envy is not needed here.

10+ Year Old Account
    thers also a "cap" and its that the chance is so extremly low at a point
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Why didn't you include into your poll the obvious "no TF at all" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Why didn't you include into your poll the obvious "no TF at all" ?
    Because it's painfully obvious that titanforging is there to stay. Capping it has been an open issue that Blizzard have seemed to pivot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Because it's painfully obvious that titanforging is there to stay. Capping it has been an open issue that Blizzard have seemed to pivot on.
    So what ? It doesn't change the opinion people have, and Blizzard has proved time and again that in time they will cave to what people complain about anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, because that is "flying" or "Pandaren" or "LFR" or "Legiondaries" or "RNG on RNG" or "AP" or "everything in WoD" - depending who you ask ^^
    Nope Titanforging is clearly worse then all of that put together. Easily.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That way a TF is still a "Wow cool!" moment but it's probably not worth farming 2 tiers back just in case and it still loosely ties gear power to difficulty level.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Well that's a 60 level proc.That's a pretty big proc. Yes, it's great for that one guy, but is it really a good thing for the game to have people go farm prior raids because they might get that lucky?
    I don't know any players who are farming raids below HC Antorus for TF.
    I would like to meet a player who is farming raids below HC Antorus for TF.
    Are you a player who is farming raids below HC Antorus for TF?

I obviously only mean on characters that are currently around ilvl 955+ equipped, as in... those that are not desperately behind on content.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2018-05-14 at 07:31 PM.