Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pretend he went to Hell and came back

I went through this recently actually, I undeleted a Tauren Warrior I deleted a good while back, and once I started playing him I thought he felt totally different. Maybe because I had more experience on another Warrior? Who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Just like Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadprotoss View Post
    Even if the character is not a copy? I want to believe it's the same and there's good evidence that it is but for some reason I cannot.
    There may be medications available.

Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    I'm going to try and get the boost undone and see if he feels the same. If not I'm gonna meet with my therapist on Monday.
    Yea yea....

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Wow, the anxiety levels in this post.
    It's 1's and 0's.

Let it go.
    I had that charter from when I was 5 years old man, it's different when you grow up with it.
    Yea yea....

So I recently deleted/undeleted my vanilla main because I boosted them and wanted to see if somehow undeleting would undo the boost (it didn't). And now I feel like they do not feel the same as a result of the boost, I know it sounds crazy but he almost feels like a completely different character.

I reached out to a GM and they told me that deleting/undeleting is like putting a garrison follower on the active/inactive list. It's not like you delete and then recreate the character or follower, just forbide them for going out into the open world until you choose to do so again.

Yet still, something feels out of place and I feel like he's not the same guy I leveled in vanilla. Am I just being crazy, or would you guys feel the same way if your main/ vanilla character were deleted and the undeleted?
    In that short of a time frame nothing should be different or lost. Idk how to help you with your feelings or the way you feel. but if that was a vanilla toon and you haven't played it since then you haven't interacted with that character for over a decade. So if course it's going to feel different.

I have some 50 somethings from vanilla/bc and they still have weapon poisons and ammo. Always strange.

It's tough for me because I had that character literally as a 5-6 year old, and it meant the world to me back then. Seriously, I still remember my brother mentioning how he got a game at the mall when my mom and him were riding back home and I asked "Can I play it?" and he said sure.

Damn man, that started something.
    Yea yea....

It is different, because the character knows. And won't forget, or forgive you for what you did. Your relationship will never be the same.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    It is different, because the character knows. And won't forget, or forgive you for what you did. Your relationship will never be the same.
    Are you joking or are you being serious? I'm not angry I just wasn't sure by your comment. Like do you genuinely feel it changes the way you feel about the character, the way the character *is* or nah?
    Yea yea....

Are you joking or are you being serious? I'm not angry I just wasn't sure by your comment. Like do you genuinely feel it changes the way you feel about the character, the way the character *is* or nah?
    Completely serious. You'll never be the same afterward. This is why I've never deleted any of my characters.

Completely serious. You'll never be the same afterward. This is why I've never deleted any of my characters.
    But I mean obviously the character his/herself dosen't forgive or forget. I kind of feel like I betrayed my character though, you know what I mean? I felt like I was at this point where I wanted to enter right where I left off and I blew it. When I first got my character back, I felt at peace, but then I acted impulsively.

I've felt really bad about the character deletion, even to feeling a little diassociated to be honest, but I recently went back and deleted my brother's old character, and I don't want to say anything yet but, I don't feel like he's truly been destroyed, at least not 100%, maybe 90% but there's still a very small sliver there.
    Yea yea....

I kind of feel like I betrayed my character though
    Well, that's because you did. Impulsively too, which makes it even worse.

Well, that's because you did. Impulsively too, which makes it even worse.
    I feel like planning out deleting him is more f'd up. I did it a sa way to undo a character boost, I was never meaning to say goodbye to him, to the contrary.
    Yea yea....

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Sorry didn't realize you were that young.
    As general advice - probably not a very good idea to get deeply attached to digital assets which are not in your control/owned by you.
    Yeah that’s a good rule to live by. Or at the very least, don’t be impulsive with you decision making around those assets when you don’t control the outcome, like you said. Easy to become impulsive and alter it
    Yea yea....

I feel that way every time I change one of my character's face at the barber shop OP.

I feel like a part of me is lost, I shouldn't have been so hasty in my decision to boost otherwise none of this would have happened.
    Yea yea....

Deleted
    I feel like a part of me is lost, I shouldn't have been so hasty in my decision to boost otherwise none of this would have happened.
    Is this some kind of philosophical question?

Like if you get on a Star trek transporter and get teleported are you the same person or a clone?
    Or if you are cloned to exact perfection, are you the same person?

Dude, you need to chill, its just a game

So I recently deleted/undeleted my vanilla main because I boosted them and wanted to see if somehow undeleting would undo the boost (it didn't). And now I feel like they do not feel the same as a result of the boost, I know it sounds crazy but he almost feels like a completely different character.

I reached out to a GM and they told me that deleting/undeleting is like putting a garrison follower on the active/inactive list. It's not like you delete and then recreate the character or follower, just forbide them for going out into the open world until you choose to do so again.

Yet still, something feels out of place and I feel like he's not the same guy I leveled in vanilla. Am I just being crazy, or would you guys feel the same way if your main/ vanilla character were deleted and the undeleted?
    Yes. Yes you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Is this some kind of philosophical question?

Like if you get on a Star trek transporter and get teleported are you the same person or a clone?
    Or if you are cloned to exact perfection, are you the same person?

Dude, you need to chill, its just a game
    The more I think about it, the more I realize it's different than my other mains. If I could give my hands and 10 years off my life to undo the boost and undelete, I would do it. I had the game during a developmental stage of my childhood, it feels like so much memories are laden in that character, and it's all just destroyed.
    Yea yea....

Deleted
    Whilst completely off topic. I found out you can force a name change for free by deleting a character then getting a friend to make a character with the same name on the same server. When you ressurect your character it gets a free name change. Although this was some time ago. Not sure of blizzard managed to get around this...