Returning to Game casually

Hey! Im coming back after a very long hiatus. Im currently level 60 (Cleric). Are there any good guides or anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

Since you are 60 you wanna start with Nightmare Tide which is 60-65. Should be a breadcrumb quest in the main cities that takes you there. Just get to 65 as fast as possible. The entire game is F2P so you can get to level cap and do the content without issues. However 60-70 is a bit of a slog especially casually and 65-70 if you don't have store XP pots/Patron XP you can actually end up at 68-low 69 with the story finished.

70 endgame consists of very little still.

4 dungeons. 2 are upscales of currently existing ones.

Instanced versions of Rifts which are one of the decent ways of getting the RNG stat fragments. These fragments are similar to gems in WoW but you equip them in a separate panel rather than socketing them into gear. However they are very RNG dependant due to the fact they can roll the wrong stat for your current soul/spec.

There are 3 10 man raids. One intrepid upscale of an already existing raid, a new raid which for some reason got LFR mode first (nobody queues for it due to it breaking sometimes so people just go as a premade) and another new raid introduced recently. The new raid has 3 bosses and the other 2 have 4 bosses.

There were these fortress siege world events however can't really tell you if people are doing them these days. I know they were done but I remember participation being low.

A new class that to my knowledge was not very well received due to it's underwhelming gameplay systems but well that's entirely subjective.

Endgame zone called Vostigar Peaks which opened a while ago after being delayed. Is pretty much just where you go once you ding 70.

As for souls you don't have to buy any since the current ones combined have every role but if you want to heal as a rogue for example you have to buy them. However balance on souls is nonexistant due to the main people who do class balance either leaving or being moved to different positions within Trion.

You can play the game without spending a dime but 65-70 really used to entice people into buying XP pots at the start of Starfall Prophecy (current expansion). Plus the cash shop is heavily bloated with some stuff being debated as pay to win/pay for advantage.

Personally if you want to come back then go for it since it's free and all you end up spending is time but well with the current state of the game I can't recommend it personally. But well yeah can't say I've missed anything major out other than the Eternal Weapon grind quests but well that's basically the equivalent of a super weapon quest which a lot of games have.

Overall I'd say there are better games out there imo but if you want to come back to Rift then come back. Don't let me or anyone else influence your decision. I just gave you my 2 cents on the game and it should be taken as such.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-05 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by parttimeadventurer View Post
    Hey! Im coming back after a very long hiatus. Im currently level 60 (Cleric). Are there any good guides or anyone have any suggestions on where to start?
    If you want to experience the story, it is worth it to play. If you plan on doing end-game or making this your main game, I would look elsewhere.

However, since you have been gone so long. You may be interested in Rift Prime (if you want to pay 15 bucks a month for it) which gets you on a fresh start server. (Locked content, everyone starts over) etc.

Quote Originally Posted by parttimeadventurer View Post

I just got back a few weeks ago... level 60 cleric. Literally haven't been able to play one dungeon or BG. In queues for WAY too long.... no one out in the world.. This game is literally completely dead. I wouldn't waste your time man... move on to another.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    I just got back a few weeks ago... level 60 cleric. Literally haven't been able to play one dungeon or BG. In queues for WAY too long.... no one out in the world.. This game is literally completely dead. I wouldn't waste your time man... move on to another.
    Right now Live may appear completely dead, because of Prime. Prime is nowhere near completely dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Right now Live may appear completely dead, because of Prime. Prime is nowhere near completely dead.
    stop making up stuff. low lv content has been dead long before prime. wfs do not exist before 65 period and dungeons have been almost as dead as well. if you are and old player then yeah its gonna be quite a diff this game has lost like 90 percent of its population.

if you wanna see people gotta slug it though max, but even now the game is in a lull. too much rehashed content and and wfs are an unbalanced mess.

if you havent already cleared everything sevel times then maybe prime would be worth checking out. i hear they were sending out free patron to oldtimers who havent logged in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by shimcham View Post
    stop making up stuff. low lv content has been dead long before prime. wfs do not exist before 65 period and dungeons have been almost as dead as well. if you are and old player then yeah its gonna be quite a diff this game has lost like 90 percent of its population.

if you wanna see people gotta slug it though max, but even now the game is in a lull. too much rehashed content and and wfs are an unbalanced mess.

if you havent already cleared everything sevel times then maybe prime would be worth checking out. i hear they were sending out free patron to oldtimers who havent logged in a while.
    Shim just don't mate. You're wasting your time.

You are absolutely right. Low level content was dead even before Prime because people spammed Intrepid to at least 60 and some even 65 because it gave more reasonable XP.

Live is not in the state it's in because of Prime. However some players from live ofc did go to Prime but it was in a dire state long before that.

And yes Prime is worth checking out. Other than the odd issue it's what live should bloody be atm.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-16 at 06:26 PM.

i just started Rift and it's a really good game. You can start joining 20 man raids at level 10. I don't know of any other game that lets you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetMyMeet View Post
    i just started Rift and it's a really good game. You can start joining 20 man raids at level 10. I don't know of any other game that lets you do that.
    To be fair those "raids" aren't even on the level of LFR in WoW.

If anything they are like comparable to Heroic Dungeon difficulty.

And sadly that's the only fast way to level upto at least 60.

well if you like dungeons/raids/etc then it's good for you. Just dont get burned out