Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    Maybe I will change my mind down the line but Destro feels so bland to me at the moment. It is definitely a downgrade from Legion in my opinion.
    Baseline Destro is pretty bare bones. To compound this, a majority of the Destro talents land towards the more passive end of the spectrum. It's very easy to slip into a talent build that's not significantly more engaging than the baseline rotation, which can indeed feel bland and boring if you're looking for more engagement. I went out of my way to pick Soul Fire and Internal Combustion to find that extra engagement, and I'm a lot happier with how the spec feels to play with them.

Or you can just go with the New Hotness and spec Demo, where the gameplay is always fast paced even if none of the buttons feels super impactful. Lots of people are.

Been doing BGs since the pre-patch and destro feels super gutted right now. Hopefully things change at 120 but the loss of the triple infernal trait, dimensional rift and minor traits really hurts the gameplay.

At least the PVP changes in general are a vast improvement. PVP stats templates and no legendaries/tier set bonuses was the single worst change to PVP in the history of wow

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Been doing BGs since the pre-patch and destro feels super gutted right now. Hopefully things change at 120 but the loss of the triple infernal trait, dimensional rift and minor traits really hurts the gameplay.

At least the PVP changes in general are a vast improvement. PVP stats templates and no legendaries/tier set bonuses was the single worst change to PVP in the history of wow
    How in the fuck were pvp stat templates bad? All they did was level the competitive field so you wouldn't just have a bunch of jerkoffs with mythic raid trinkets running amok exploiting procs, or the ability to bring your alts to pvp at no penalty instead of having to grind up pvp resilience sets to not get stomped on for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    How in the fuck were pvp stat templates bad? All they did was level the competitive field so you wouldn't just have a bunch of jerkoffs with mythic raid trinkets running amok exploiting procs, or the ability to bring your alts to pvp at no penalty instead of having to grind up pvp resilience sets to not get stomped on for weeks.
    PVP stats templates destroyed the RPG element of character progression and power. This is an RPG, gear matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    PVP stats templates destroyed the RPG element of character progression and power. This is an RPG, gear matters.
    Not in PvP. The whole point of pvp is the competitive aspect. There is no competition with uneven playing field. You want progression in stats, go PvE. PvP ought to stay cosmetic in progression.

Not in PvP. The whole point of pvp is the competitive aspect. There is no competition with uneven playing field. You want progression in stats, go PvE. PvP ought to stay cosmetic in progression.
    Then make pvp gear matter again like it did in BC/WotLK. The main gripe (for me personally) was losing the ability to customise my stats by stacking the way I want to, or trying out some new gear etc. Part of the fun back in BC/WotLK was seeing how little resilience you could get away with by balancing pve/pvp gear.

There will always be an uneven playing field whether playing in high-bracket arena or just casually in BGs. And that's fine. Part of game is closing that gap between you and those above

Deleted
    Yet, Warlock are still complaining!

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, if you are better than Bobby the rogue and play more than Bobby the rogue then you should have more equipment than Bobby, plain and simple.

What you said MAY had any lenience from me if we weren't talking about WoW, GW2? B&S? (heck, Rift and WO:AOR was gucci and had many more specs...) sure, why not, even BDO have more balance than Blizzard FOTM (i mean they made this a thing with Riot...)

When will WoW pvpboïz ever learn that WoW wasn't, isn't and will never be a PvP game (i feel that alot, but that's just the truth) especialy when all the elitist are jerking about the most damaging aspect of wow pvp : Arena

It's like hearthstone/overwatch all over again, people fanboying over Blizzard because it's the game they started on so it's obviously what's best on the market...
    Last edited by mmoc7a74b927b4; 2018-07-19 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpten View Post
    Yet, Warlock are still complaining!

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, if you are better than Bobby the rogue and play more than Bobby the rogue then you should have more equipment than Bobby, plain and simple.

What you said MAY had any lenience from me if we weren't talking about WoW, GW2? B&S? (heck, Rift and WO:AOR was gucci and had many more specs...) sure, why not, even BDO have more balance than Blizzard FOTM (i mean they made this a thing with Riot...)

When will WoW pvpboïz ever learn that WoW wasn't, isn't and will never be a PvP game (i feel that alot, but that's just the truth) especialy when all the elitist are jerking about the most damaging aspect of wow pvp : Arena

It's like hearthstone/overwatch all over again, people fanboying over Blizzard because it's the game they started on so it's obviously what's best on the market...
    You do realize GW2 has stat templates fo pvp, right? WvW is the equivalent of world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Baseline Destro is pretty bare bones. To compound this, a majority of the Destro talents land towards the more passive end of the spectrum. It's very easy to slip into a talent build that's not significantly more engaging than the baseline rotation, which can indeed feel bland and boring if you're looking for more engagement. I went out of my way to pick Soul Fire and Internal Combustion to find that extra engagement, and I'm a lot happier with how the spec feels to play with them.

Or you can just go with the New Hotness and spec Demo, where the gameplay is always fast paced even if none of the buttons feels super impactful. Lots of people are.
    Thanks for the reply and I agree. I do like Soul Fire and what it brings but I am not a fan of IC at the moment. I am glad that you get some fun out of it though.

Oh and mobility, that's worse too (of course I could spec into SB). In the end it will depend some on what talents are best at 120 and how far apart. I am willing to take some hits for enjoyment but within reason.

I will be keeping all 3 specs ready to roll as needed. Just sad about how Destro feels to me right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction in pre-patch is nothing to write home about, I basically think they overshot nerfs by 5%, but overall it's not terribly different from before.

I am not a fan of Internal Combustion, I find it - annoying. I also think that mobility is too clipped now.

But hey, I already wrote all that in OP 2 months ago, so it's not like I am surprised.

Deleted
    Feels like they have way overshot with things to use on the move, 2 conflag don't really get you very far and just running feels shitty to me. I hope they make shadowburn competitive

Dark soul on the gcd was a bit irritating at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could make this insane sacrilege and add another charge to Conflagrate baseline. That would make it a bit more reasonable, IMO.

I absolutely think they have unreasonably pushed Destruction into way too immobile area, unnecessarily so. It's fine to have poor mobility as a weakness, but this is excessive.

Destro feels really really simple and not really that interesting. After casting all your cds at the begining of a battle the single target rotation is so boring - nothing really to thing about.. just keeping eradication up and that's it. Generate shards - cast chaos bolt, generate shards - cast chaos bolt for 3 minutes and just wait your cds to be back up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbeam View Post
    Destro feels really really simple and not really that interesting. After casting all your cds at the begining of a battle the single target rotation is so boring - nothing really to thing about.. just keeping eradication up and that's it. Generate shards - cast chaos bolt, generate shards - cast chaos bolt for 3 minutes and just wait your cds to be back up.
    I played Destro throughout legion and I agree with you. Destro got overpruned. And now we lost rifts and lifetap so you can't cast anything while moving besides conflag if you save a charge. I think mobility in legion was fine for destro because you could always press a lifetap or rift while moving. But now in BFA the mobility is a serious issue.
    Last edited by mmoc42c7dbf319; 2018-07-19 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Sadly but true

This is not a destro specific problem. More than two thirds of the specs in BfA feel really simple, and that's because the depth that the artifact ability alongside gold traits and legendaries added were ripped out and Azerite armor does not come even close to filling that gap.

Deleted
    You do realize GW2 has stat templates fo pvp, right? WvW is the equivalent of world PvP.
    YOu do realise GW2 is fucking balanced, right?

Deleted
    This is not a destro specific problem. More than two thirds of the specs in BfA feel really simple, and that's because the depth that the artifact ability alongside gold traits and legendaries added were ripped out and Azerite armor does not come even close to filling that gap.
    IDK why blizz removed all artifacts skills. In destro fits perfect

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    such a shame they didn't make dimensional rift a talent
    the level 90 talent row is dying out for something like this.
    could understand if some other classes didn't have the choice but they do.

Soul fire with Chaos bolt just feels a total waste of time

At least Blizzard has acknowledged that the tuning must continue over the next few weeks!

"Class Changes

Class development is an ongoing process. There will be ongoing tuning and balancing for the next few weeks to keep things sane, then focus will shift to making all specs viable at Battle for Azeroth endgame.

The team will also tune Azerite Powers to keep them competitive. Larger changes will happen in Patch 8.1 and beyond."