Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That IS the lore. It doesn't matter if he didn't choose other numbers, that 300 years is the tine he chose. It is the fictional history.

And yes, you can argue that changing history isn't a big deal for the story you want to tell; ultimately that is subjective. Your regard of the significance of these numbers is subjective. It's still lore, no matter how insignificant you may think it is.
    So basically your entire argument stems from a blind adherence to the source material with no thought whatsoever. This is what I've been talking about from the beginning; lore for the sake of lore being a terrible way to approach or judge an adaptation.

That's exactly my point! Lore is HISTORY. If history isn't recorded, then nothing happens. Any attempt to fill in the blanks with headcanon that (intentional or not) diminishes the history is bastardizing it. Scouring of the Shire omission is one example. Changing the witch King's defeat is another. These are diminished accounts of the actual history of what happened in the actual lore.
    No, that is not the case. If it's blank then it can't be diminished. This is seriously the dumbest argument to continue going around and around on. If it's blank, there is no lore, so anything added doesn't diminish, it increases by definition. That doesn't mean it's canon, but it's certainly not a diminishing. In fact, this is one of the biggest advantages of adaptation.

It's like you keep forgetting (or ignoring) that this isn't even the definitive story that the original author wanted to tell. These were notes. A work in progress. Just because he died before he could craft them into their own narrative doesn't mean that what's left on the page forms a fully realized lore. In fact, we can more strongly argue that given Tolkien's fully fleshed out works that are part of the setting (LotR, The Hobbit, and the various short stories), that adding narrative improves, elevates, and expands the lore, not diminishes it. And that adding narrative would indeed be in line with the overall intent of the author. Tolkien did a lot of world building in the background with notes like this, but his completed works were very much narrative driven.

No, it is NOT the pinnacle. It is the TOPIC of this specific discussion! It's like if you were commenting to my criticism on the show's poor pacing, I'm going to talk about the show's poor pacing. If we have a 30 page discussion on the pacing of the show, it does not suddenly mean I consider pacing to be the pinnacle of what makes a good show.

A question to you here is why do you even care if the lire is bastardized or not? You seem to be defending it without regarding book lore as being significant to the show at all, so this doesn't take ANYTHING away from your enjoyment of this show . It's like you only want to argue against it ib principle, while completely disregarding what the meaning of lore actually means, like when you say Tolkien picking 300 years has no significance. It doesn't matter if yiu think that or not, because Tolkien choosing 300 years isn't subjective, it is objective fact. We are talking act of changing history to fit a narrative that is meant to retell history.

The source material is NOT the pinnacle of what makes a good show, because my explanation of how the lore is being bastardized has nothing to do with defining the show being good or bad objectively.
    I care because you're not applying the definition correctly. You're right, we're not talking about whether the show was good or not, or whether I enjoyed it or not (I haven't even brought up any of that myself). But your premise is incorrect and is indeed based on the idea of lore being the pinnacle (even if you don't want to admit it) because that's where you have to start if you're going to lay out blanket assertions that this, or any other adaptation, is a diminished copy simply because it doesn't adhere to the lore 100%.

That it does not have the intent of being historically accurate does not remove it from what it is still doing. A dramatic narrative that embellishes history for the sake of its art may also be bastardizing it a byproduct of being based on historic accounts. What would define it as bastardization is dependant on how it is being embellished. inglorious Basterds, as intentionally canoy as it is, is still predicated on being based on history even if fictionally. And from that same historic perspective, history is clearly being bastardized for the sake of the art. It is both an embellishment AND a bastardization. The only difference is perspective.

Two sides of the same coin.
    It does matter that it's not intended to be historically accurate because that means it's not meant to be a copy and therefore cannot be a bastardization, no matter how simplified in detail it is compared to the actual history. Something like Drunk History would be a bastardization because the intent is to recount the actual historical events but in a condensed and more humorously driven form.

It's the job of a narrative to flesh out the details, very true. But as I point out, when adapting established history that is sparse on details, there is a duality between authenticity (documentary style, ala Appendices) and applying creative license. It's two sides of the same coin, and you can't flip both faces in the same side.

'Bastardization of the lore' is merely a term that leans towards favouring book authenticity over creative license. And this term was specifically being used someone who was favouring book authenticity over creative license. The term is perfectly applicable to the show. It is not a term that denotes a flaw or drawback at all, since Rings of Power is not beholden to adapting the lore faithfully.

When I say I'm speaking about this objectively, I am talking about not having a preference between being authentic/faithful to the source, or applying creative license. I remain quite agnostic on this topic, since I find equal value in both.
    The point you're missing is that these things aren't mutually exclusive. You can most definitely adhere to source material AND apply creative license. Especially so when the source material is so lacking in detail. The appendices merely state that Sauron deceived the smiths and gave them the knowledge to craft the Rings of Power. The show actually reflects that lore in its entirety. You might not like the creative license they took to flesh out the narrative, but that doesn't mean the lore is diminished.

Again, not gonna comment on stuff I don't know much about. I have no intention of arguing for the sake of arguing here.

'by my definition' doesn't mean much since you're applying it to a context that may or may not be applicable. inevitably bastardizing lore" is specific to adapting the 2nd Age"s history into a single narrative, while you're taking the comment out of context, which changes my definition.

My arguments are specific RoP, not intended to be used universally.
    No, that wasn't your argument. Your exact words were "All I'm pointing out is that the process of choosing to adapt it into a singular narrative inevitably bastardizes the lore". You're stating that the process of changing the narrative structure (which isn't specific to RoP) inevitably diminishes the lore. And I pointed out, with multiple examples, of that not being the case. Especially with what I noted above about Tolkien's completed works all being narrative driven.

You keep saying this is specific to RoP, but then you give no details to support that, instead relying on these blanket ideas that it's the change in narrative structure or simply a deviation from the exact words on the page that makes it a bastardization when those points aren't unique to RoP (and refuted by the aforementioned examples).
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2023-05-05 at 06:32 PM.

I watched the whole series, and while I enjoyed aspects of the show, overall it didn't meet my expectations and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who shares my taste in movies. Very few of my friends watched any more than the first 3 episodes.

I kept watching because I am a general fantasy genre fan, and there are so few shows of the genre that exist. Same can be said of me watching Wheel of Time and Willow entire seasons. The fantasy genre isn't exactly brimming with options here.

Same reason I pick up and play some new RTS games even if they may end up being mediocre; there's not a lot of options out there other than sticking to the same 10+ yr old ones. I'm a fan of the genre more I am of the specific games. It's just sad that it's unlikely we'd ever get more Warcraft or Starcraft RTS.
    It still means you enjoyed it more than enough to watch the whole show, if the show really bad you are just going to stop watching it, you can still like the show as it is and still want it to be more without the need to claim a show is just terrible.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    So basically your entire argument stems from a blind adherence to the source material with no thought whatsoever.
    What exactly do you think the term 'Lore bastardization' applies to if not the source material?

Do you actually understand the very term you're discussing here?

It seems to be you don't actually want to regard the term in how its used, and simply don't want it being called a bastardization of the lore for the sake of argument. Is this what this is all about? For fucks sake.

I care because you're not applying the definition correctly. You're right, we're not talking about whether the show was good or not, or whether I enjoyed it or not (I haven't even brought up any of that myself). But your premise is incorrect and is indeed based on the idea of lore being the pinnacle (even if you don't want to admit it) because that's where you have to start if you're going to lay out blanket assertions that this, or any other adaptation, is a diminished copy simply because it doesn't adhere to the lore 100%.
    It does not base on the idea of the lore being a pinnacle, it is based on the idea of the lore being the origin of which any adaptation is considered a copy. And any alteration can be (subjectively) considered a diminished copy of the original, it can be considered to be a bastardization.

Now, whether anyone consider its to be a bastardization is and can be subjective. However it doesn't mean it's ONLY subjective, since like the term 'Good' can be used subjectively, it can also be applied objectively when referring to a specific instance, like '90% score is typically considered a Good score'; this is not a subjective value this is an objective application of the term. And if we're looking at how of Rings of Power has transformed the lore of the original to suit its own narrative, then the term 'Lore bastardization' can be objectively applied, because bastardization means a corruption of the original. And I have brought up many cases where RoP CAN BE CONSIDERED corrupting the original lore.

You can disagree with the entire premise if you want, and it would be on a subjective premise that you don't agree that the lore should be considered in such a way; but you can't really dismiss the nature of the term being applied objectively to describe the relationship between the adaptation and the original source. The term is being applied the way it's meant to be used.

That you don't think the lore should be given any appeal to authenticity is a completely different argument than the one I'm making about the objective application of the term, much in the way 'Good score' would be objectively applied outside of any subjective context. 'Lore Bastardization' means a diminished copy of the original history, and that is an objective term that is (subjectively) applicable to RoP's adaptation of the original Book lore. Much in the way 'Good Score' is term that is both applicable objectively and subjectively.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-05-05 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It still means you enjoyed it more than enough to watch the whole show, if the show really bad you are just going to stop watching it, you can still like the show as it is and still want it to be more without the need to claim a show is just terrible.
    No, it doesn't.

I watched the entire season so I could properly evaluate the final product, as opposed to base my opinion on an impression.

If I only stopped at 3 episodes, I wouldn't know if the show ever got better. I'd have to watch the full series to know, otherwise wait on others to tell me so; and for this particular show I would have rather experienced it first hand rather than get my opinions from a secondary source. And that's not saying I'm opposed to avoiding bad shows if I hear questionable things about it; I certainly avoided some Marvel tv series based on sources I trust. But when it comes to fantasy genres, I find that it's more niche and not a lot of people enjoy the same things I do since there really isn't a whole lot of fantasy film in general; it's still considered quite a niche. Often fantasy genre gets lumped in with broad kid/young adult fantasy films that I'm less interested in; like a Percy Jackson or some Peter Pan-like adventure in a new fantasy world

if the show really bad you are just going to stop watching it, you can still like the show as it is and still want it to be more without the need to claim a show is just terrible.
    That's like calling a movie terrible based on a bad trailer, and never forming a complete opinion at the refusal to watch it. I don't consider that an well formed opinion.

And for the record, I do still want it to be more without claiming the show is terrible. But despite any arguments I present here to critique or offer suggestions for what I'd prefer, there will be people here who just don't wanna hear it and lump any criticism as outrage/objective hate.

Like of often I'll point out the poor pacing or how certain plot elements just don't flow well or make much sense in terms of verisimiltude; and what happens is someone else gets defensive about it and tries to invalidate the comment by saying it makes perfect sense to them and the show doesn't need to change because it's already considered a success or being watched by millions of people. It's a deflection rather than a discussion. Eventually that ends up polarizing into thinking any criticism equates to calling the show terrible, even though the critique may be about one specific aspect of the show that doesn't reflect the overall product's quality. Like, we can't even have a proper conversation about any acting or performance without someone popping in to try and invalidate the opinion because they happen to personally enjoy it; or worse yet trying to spin any criticism as being some form of discrimination or toxic ideology.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-05-05 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Word bad seems to pbe pretty fucking objective when its the opposite of good

Here is the thing, deviation from lore, alone, is not good or bad, because is not tied to quality, just intent. What is good, bad or neutral is HOW they do it, and that is tied to quality. It can be better, it can be neutral, or it can be rly bad.

You have a show like House of the Dragon, that have deviation from the books, but a lot of the deviations were good, because many reasons(like the book being a story told by the pov of some characters, so they could get facts wrong distorted, or the author seeing that something different works better). The deviation from Rings of power is a bad fanfic that downgrade the quality of the original story.

Thats just basic storytelling mate, anyone can see that making mithril magic juju that heal elves, because they had to recharge their light was obnoxious.

Thats...not how it works mate, you are arguing that shit, human feces, does not taste bad, because its a subjective word, and some people out there might like eating, thats not a hill do die on
    Bad is objective because its the opposite of good..? How do you not forget to pull your pants down before shitting xD

Bad = subjective
    Good = subjective

That grass is green = objective
    That grass has a good colour = subjective
    That grass has a bad colour = subjective

“Good” and “bad” don’t state anything about somethings properties. A cake can be good, just as a movie can be good. We mean entirely different things with this though.

I honestly don’t know how to explain this any simpler…

What exactly do you think the term 'Lore bastardization' applies to if not the source material?

Do you actually understand the very term you're discussing here?
    Yes! It means diminished! Lore for the sake of lore doesn't automatically mean an adaptation is a diminished version. You have to actually make an argument for HOW it's diminished, which is something you continually fail to do.

It does not base on the idea of the lore being a pinnacle, it is based on the idea of the lore being the origin of which any adaptation is considered a copy. And any alteration can be (subjectively) considered a diminished copy of the original, it can be considered to be a bastardization.

Now, whether anyone consider its to be a bastardization is and can be subjective. However it doesn't mean it's ONLY subjective, since like the term 'Good' can be used subjectively, it can also be applied objectively when referring to a specific instance, like '90% score is typically considered a Good score'; this is not a subjective value this is an objective application of the term. And if we're looking at how of Rings of Power has transformed the lore of the original to suit its own narrative, then the term 'Lore bastardization' can be objectively applied, because bastardization means a corruption of the original. And I have brought up many cases where RoP CAN BE CONSIDERED corrupting the original lore.

You can disagree with the entire premise if you want, and it would be on a subjective premise that you don't agree that the lore should be considered in such a way; but you can't really dismiss the nature of the term being applied objectively to describe the relationship between the adaptation and the original source. The term is being applied the way it's meant to be used.

That you don't think the lore should be given any appeal to authenticity is a completely different argument than the one I'm making about the objective application of the term, much in the way 'Good score' would be objectively applied outside of any subjective context. 'Lore Bastardization' means a diminished copy of the original history, and that is an objective term that is (subjectively) applicable to RoP's adaptation of the original Book lore. Much in the way 'Good Score' is term that is both applicable objectively and subjectively.
    In one breathe you'll say something is invariably bastardized and in the next say it's completely subjective and in the following breathe say that the show can be objectively labeled as a bastardization. Flip flop flip flop.

I'll clear it up for you. It isn't subjective. You CAN objectively determine whether something is a diminished or degraded copy of something else. It has nothing to do with saying it's good or not, and since I haven't made that point I don't know why you keep harping on it. My guess is that you just don't really have a good grasp of the argument at hand.

I gave an example of Drunk History as a purposefully degraded recounting of historical events. This isn't a subjective interpretation, and regardless of how much more enjoyable it is to watch an episode of it compared to reading a textbook account it's still a diminished and degraded copy. I think Drunk History is fantastic and I don't care one bit that it's a bastardization of history. As for RoP, it's objectively NOT a diminished copy because it's building upon the vague and disjointed foundation that is the lore and attempting to interpret it in a way that's more in line with the published works of the original author. That doesn't mean it does a good job or that you have to find it enjoyable, but it's objectively an EXPANDED interpretation (NOT a diminished copy).
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2023-05-05 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is subjective is TASTE, if people LIKE, or DON'T LIKE IT.
    That's what good and bad mean. There is no objective truth of good or bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Word bad seems to pbe pretty fucking objective when its the opposite of good
    Both of which are subjective.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Yes! It means diminished! Lore for the sake of lore doesn't automatically mean an adaptation is a diminished version. You have to actually make an argument for HOW it's diminished, which is something you continually fail to do.
    No, you having a different opinion does not invalidate my examples.

Just like someone arguing why they think lore was good does not get invalidated by someone else disagreeing on HOW they thought it was good.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave an example of Drunk History as a purposefully degraded recounting of historical events. This isn't a subjective interpretation, and regardless of how much more enjoyable it is to watch an episode of it compared to reading a textbook account it's still a diminished and degraded copy. I think Drunk History is fantastic and I don't care one bit that it's a bastardization of history. As for RoP, it's objectively NOT a diminished copy because it's building upon the vague and disjointed foundation that is the lore and attempting to interpret it in a way that's more in line with the published works of the original author. That doesn't mean it does a good job or that you have to find it enjoyable, but it's objectively an EXPANDED interpretation (NOT a diminished copy).
    Then you're hyperfocusing on one aspect of the terminology to create an argument to dismiss it on technicality.

Expanding on lore doesn't equate to being immune to being considered a bastardization of said lore. You're arguing for the sake of arguing.

No, you having a different opinion does not invalidate my examples.

Just like someone arguing why they think lore was good does not get invalidated by someone else disagreeing on HOW they thought it was good.
    It's not a difference of opinion. You're simply not making any sort of objective assessment of the lore, relying solely on the fact that it exists as the basis for your stance.

Your only examples have relied on either personal confusion or headcanon that you yourself tried to pass off as the lore that the show ignored.

Are you going to at all address the points of the source material being work in progress notes and not intended to be the author's definitive version AND the fact that the author's completed works in the setting revolve very much around character driven narrative? Or are you going to ignore that because it undermines your idea of the additions to the lore diminishing it?

Then you're hyperfocusing on one aspect of the terminology to create an argument to dismiss it on technicality.

Expanding on lore doesn't equate to being immune to being considered a bastardization of said lore. You're arguing for the sake of arguing.
    It's not a complicated definition. What you say I'm hyperfocused on are the only two operative words in the definition "diminished" and "copy". If you can't be bothered to assess the source material objectively then any stance you take on an adaptation of that source material is tainted by your bias, which is what this whole discussion has revolved around.

It's not a difference of opinion.
    Multiple times you said 'Its not a bastardization, it's an embellishment'

That is a difference of opinion. It's a perspective issue, nothing more.

It's not a complicated definition.
    And we have no reason to oversimplify a definition that isn't very complicated to understand. Yet that's what exactly what you're doing. You're hyperfocusing and oversimplifying, for the sake of argument, nothing more.

If you're going to argue that nothing was being bastardized because they're actually embellishments, then the argument is no different than if they said it wasn't an embellishment, it's a bastardization. These are the same arguments being applied from different perspectives. Both terms denote a changes to the lore, one in favour of authenticity, one in favour of creativity. That's all.

And all I'm saying the terminology for either word wouldn't be misused in the context of describing what RoP does to the lore, because it's a valid use of the word to denote the change to the lore from a certain perspective. And such a use of the word does not reflect on the quality or subjective value of the product as a whole, since the context is specific to changes to the lore.

Are you going to at all address the points of the source material being work in progress notes and not intended to be the author's definitive version
    At this point there's no reason for me to make those arguments, since you are willing to even dismiss actual lore as being lore.

If you're arguing that Tolkien picking 300 years doesn't matter and saying it's not lore, then it's clear to me you don't really know or care what lore actually is, and undermine the entire topic we're discussing.

If anything, all you're saying is lore shouldn't matter to any adaptation. I totally agree. Not once have I argued whether the book lore matters at all. All I have argued is the term is applicable to the context.

Honestly, what does it matter if Rings of Power bastardizes ot embellishes the lore? Can you actually tell me why it matters to you if someone has the opinion that it is bastardized? Because it's no different than if they thought the lore was embellished; you wouldn't argue against that right? The only difference is you're arguing against one word being used because it conflicts with your own personal opinion. Again, a difference of opinion and perspective, nothing more.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-05-06 at 02:05 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Bad is objective because its the opposite of good..? How do you not forget to pull your pants down before shitting xD

Bad = subjective
    Good = subjective
    ok fam, now you have to prove your bullshit, prove that Bad is a subjective word, since you are so sure of what you are talking about

That grass is green = objective
    That grass has a good colour = subjective
    That grass has a bad colour = subjective
    And:

Grass as food for humans is BAD = Objective

Ring of power shit is not about if they have good or bad colours, but if its a good show, and it is not, not as a subjective matter, it fail to meet any standards in the areas its supposed to succed, thats just objective facts.

What is subjective is if people like or not, taste is subjective, people can like bad shows and dislike god shows.
    I honestly don’t know how to explain this any simpler…
    I mean, youa re giving wrong examples and arguing against the wrongs points, you could try to explain in any way and still would be bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That's what good and bad mean. There is no objective truth of good or bad.
    There is, Stating an objective statementsaying there is no objective things is ironic and laughable.

If an actor can't deliver his lines, don't share any emotions and its like robot reading a script, he is objectively, doing a bad job, period, no matter how pseudointellectual try to pretend "he is not a bad actor, because there is no objective, its all subjective!!!", what a joke.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-05-05 at 10:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...-writer-strike

They are finishing season 2 without the writers which basically means they are limited on what they can change while shooting. I don’t think it makes much of a difference though - I’m not convinced the guys who wrote “I am good!” and the lines describing why a boat floats and a rock sinks are adding much.

And without scriptwriters, will they still be allowed to just write the script on screen, like when they erased Southlands and wrote Mordor?
    Maybe they will get a AI to do the script, it will not make much difference at this point. It might end up being better

Something like a sitcom I can see being very important, but not sure how it really pans out for a fantasy epic like this where there's going to be far less on-the-spot improvisation involved.

7+ Year Old Account

Opinions?
    Im terrible with second age timeline, so i don't know if the season 1 would be accurate with how the events unfold with the rest, but honestly... it does not sound bad, i find it amusing that the I.A was able to make everything tight within the 5 seasons. And lets be honest, everyone wanted to see the war of the last alliance with Gil-galad, elendil and Isildur, that would be a banger if done right.

The lack of Warrior Guyladriel leading the numenorians and the completely absence of "harfoots" make the outline way superior than the show.

ok fam, now you have to prove your bullshit, prove that Bad is a subjective word, since you are so sure of what you are talking about

And:

Grass as food for humans is BAD = Objective

Ring of power shit is not about if they have good or bad colours, but if its a good show, and it is not, not as a subjective matter, it fail to meet any standards in the areas its supposed to succed, thats just objective facts.

What is subjective is if people like or not, taste is subjective, people can like bad shows and dislike god shows.

I mean, youa re giving wrong examples and arguing against the wrongs points, you could try to explain in any way and still would be bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

There is, Stating an objective statementsaying there is no objective things is ironic and laughable.

If an actor can't deliver his lines, don't share any emotions and its like robot reading a script, he is objectively, doing a bad job, period, no matter how pseudointellectual try to pretend "he is not a bad actor, because there is no objective, its all subjective!!!", what a joke.
    Sure thing buddy!

“Grass is a bad food for humans” is a subjective statement indeed. It could be countered with “it works well in small amounts as a seasoning” or “i actually do like to chew on grass sometimes, the fiber helps my digestion”.

Mind you I don’t disagree with this statement, but it IS subjective.

An OBJECTIVE statement would be that grass is relatively hard to digest.

Let me know if you need more explanation. Though it’s a but cumbersome, I do believe it’s worth it to invest into dispelling some mistakes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure thing buddy!

“Grass is a bad food for humans” is a subjective statement indeed.
    Nope, its not, if you only eat grass you will die, because its bad.
    It could be countered
    Well, if you distort the argument, and add stuff so it change the whole premise

Is like saying "rings of power show is not bad if you watch while you are blind and deaf"

Let me know if you need more explanation..
    Not at all, i learn that i can grab my dog and make a reboot of "I am Legend" from will smith, and it will not be a bad reboot because ItS sUbJeCtIvE

- - - Updated - - -

I asked ChatGPT to list out the major characters in order of importance, and it went:

1. Sauron
    2. Elendil
    3. Gil-Galad
    4. Elrond
    5. Galadriel
    6. Celebrimbor
    7. Isildur
    8. Ar-Pharazon
    9. Cirdan

I asked if Gandalf should be in the series and it said no. I asked about the Harfoots and it said "While they were not major players in the events of the Second Age, they could potentially make a cameo appearance or be mentioned in the series."

I'm enjoying this immensely.
    Well its proved, AI would make a better show than amazon did, they even care more about the lore lmao.

After this, it told me it couldn't make jokes about public figures anymore... ah well it was fun while it lasted.
    Bezos probably got a notification.

Nope, its not, if you only eat grass you will die, because its bad.

Well, if you distort the argument, and add stuff so it change the whole premise

Is like saying "rings of power show is not bad if you watch while you are blind and deaf"

Not at all, i learn that i can grab my dog and make a reboot of "I am Legend" from will smith, and it will not be a bad reboot because ItS sUbJeCtIvE

- - - Updated - - -

Well its proved, AI would make a better show than amazon did, they even care more about the lore lmao.

Bezos probably got a notification.
    Exactly, a reboot of I am legend with your dog would be subjectively bad, not objectively. Thank you for finally getting it ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Well assuming all the numbers you stated are correct dragon would have likely have had like 80M watcher for the whole series which would be about double the number you gave for RoP.

And given that some people want to compare them and say one is good and one is bad that’s a fairly big assumed different they could point to.
    lets assume those numbers correct, that means that house of the dragon had an ~80% completion rate and ~85% engagement rate, based on the fact that HBO MAX has a subscriber count of under 100m, all 'kenn' here has proven is that he lacks all forms of critical thinking skills, he is happy to disprove his own points unwittingly because of his lack of reading comprehension, and he likes to talk out of his ass to defend the indefensible.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure thing buddy!

“Grass is a bad food for humans” is a subjective statement indeed. It could be countered with “it works well in small amounts as a seasoning” or “i actually do like to chew on grass sometimes, the fiber helps my digestion”.

Mind you I don’t disagree with this statement, but it IS subjective.

An OBJECTIVE statement would be that grass is relatively hard to digest.

Let me know if you need more explanation. Though it’s a but cumbersome, I do believe it’s worth it to invest into dispelling some mistakes.
    this tells me you know FUCK ALL about human biology, not only is the example used asinine, but it's biologically impossible for humans to digest grass, making your 'counter points' irrelevant in the extreme.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    this tells me you know FUCK ALL about human biology, not only is the example used asinine, but it's biologically impossible for humans to digest grass, making your 'counter points' irrelevant in the extreme.
    Not just that,the lignin will make it hard for you to digest other things, it will ruin your teeth and it will cause irritated stomach that can lead to vomit, so, dehytration.

But what do you expect of people who defend this show, he might as well argue its not bad to drink gasoline, or put your hand into fire, because bad is sUbJeCtIvE

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Here's my ChatGPT-created crown jewel:

ANNATAR:
    (smiling) My dear elves, your craft is unmatched. With my guidance, you will reach new heights of excellence. Together, we shall build wonders that will rival the greatest of creations.

ELF APPRENTICE:
    (excitedly) We could even build a tower that reaches to the heavens!

CELEBRIMBOR:
    (to the apprentice, with a chuckle) I don't think we want to attract the attention of Jeff Bezos just yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked ChatGPT to list out the major characters in order of importance, and it went:

1. Sauron
    2. Elendil
    3. Gil-Galad
    4. Elrond
    5. Galadriel
    6. Celebrimbor
    7. Isildur
    8. Ar-Pharazon
    9. Cirdan

I asked if Gandalf should be in the series and it said no. I asked about the Harfoots and it said "While they were not major players in the events of the Second Age, they could potentially make a cameo appearance or be mentioned in the series."

I'm enjoying this immensely.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok last one I promise:

SAURON: (angrily) I can't believe I lost! Those pesky Elves and their rings!

ONE OF THE NAZGUL: (kneeling before Sauron) My Lord, do not despair. We still have the One Ring.

SAURON: (turning to face the Nazgul) Yes, but it's not enough. We need to find a way to get the other rings back.

Suddenly, a figure appears in a puff of smoke.

SAURON: (surprised) Who are you?

FIGURE: (smiling) Greetings, Lord Sauron. I am Jeff Bezos, the Lord of Amazon.

SAURON: (confused) Amazon?

BEZOS: (nodding) Yes, my Lord. I have heard of your power and I would like to offer my services. With my knowledge of logistics and delivery, we could conquer all of Middle-earth in no time.

SAURON: (intrigued) Hmm, interesting. What do you want in return?

BEZOS: (smiling) Just a small percentage of your power, my Lord. Say, 99%?

SAURON: (angrily) 99%? You dare mock me?

BEZOS: (shrugging) Hey, it's just business.

Sauron raises his hand to strike Bezos, but the figure disappears in another puff of smoke.

SAURON: (grumbling) Curse those mortals and their obsession with profit!

After this, it told me it couldn't make jokes about public figures anymore... ah well it was fun while it lasted.

- - - Updated - - -

"Do you think a story about an elf who was twisted to create the orc race and is trying to protect them would fit well in a story of the second age?"

A snippet of ChatGPT's answer:

"In theory, a character like the one you describe could exist within the framework of Tolkien's world.

That being said, such a character would need to be handled carefully and thoughtfully. The idea of an Elf who is sympathetic to the Orcs is somewhat at odds with the way they are typically portrayed in the lore, as brutal and cruel creatures. It would be important to explore the motivations and backstory of this character in a way that is respectful to Tolkien's vision and doesn't undermine the established lore."
    After all that, it seems that Bezos' money invested in ChatGPT would be a far more profitable investment than the pithole Tolkien show he's wasting them currently.

Hell, he could ask for a tailor made version to help him create the show. After that, it's just follow orders.
    /spit@Blizzard