Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Science discovers that we are living in a simulation, what would you ask the owner?

Here's the scenario: it's 200 years in the future and you're in your 20's. Science has discovered that we are in a simulation like the movie "The Matrix" or a really, really advanced version of SimLife. We know nothing about the owner(s) of our sim. We have however, developed a way to communicate with the owner of the simulation we live in and he has agree to answer three questions.

Humanity picks you to come up with three questions to ask the owner(s) of the simulation we live in, what will you ask?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

This is one of your recurring nightmares, right?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    1.) I don't care about the other, but could I get an upgrade?
    2.) What are the cheat codes?
    3.) Could you delete these persons, please? List follows.

What went wrong with MMO-C in particular.

Why did you make us to feel spicy food in our ass?
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

1) What sadistic monster did you get to program this thing?
    2) What are the cheat codes?
    3) What is the purpose of this simulation?

*bonus question*- How do I improve the AI?
    Last edited by Ehrenpanzer; 2018-05-15 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    Are we talking a completely one to one model here?

Because if yes, how the heck did you manage to create an entire universe, with less materials.

1) Why was the simulation made at all?
    2) Why did you program evil into it?
    3) What's the code to erase and shut-off this miserable existence?

Deleted
    ill never happen ;D cuz its not tru

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't you post this thread a couple weeks ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    1.) Is our simulation based on your own society?
    2.) Have you actually learned anything from the triumphs and tragedies in this simulated universe?
    3.) Now that we've become aware of the simulated nature of our reality, thus invalidating any likely goal you had in mind, what is the end-plan for our simulated universe?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Here's the scenario: it's 200 years in the future and you're in your 20's. Science has discovered that we are in a simulation like the movie "The Matrix" or a really, really advanced version of SimLife. We know nothing about the owner(s) of our sim. We have however, developed a way to communicate with the owner of the simulation we live in and he has agree to answer three questions.

Humanity picks you to come up with three questions to ask the owner(s) of the simulation we live in, what will you ask?
    Can it run crisis at max?

why create sentience and allow it to suffer when it's well within your power to spare it?

why did you feel you had the right to toy with us?

if there's any form of kindness in your fetid soul, will you at least delete all of those with the desire to no longer exist?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    It's actually reasonably likely.

It's one of the likeliest reasons for the fermi paradox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Eh, I wouldn’t be so sure.

ehhh, its just a hypothesis, i have reason to believe otherwise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    why create sentience and allow it to suffer when it's well within your power to spare it?

if there's any form of kindness in your fetid soul, will you at least delete all of those with the desire to no longer exist?
    There are theories, that pain and suffering are very strong learning tools and ultimately necessary to some extend for a sentient beings capabilities of full rational thought and general interest in problem solving.

Granted they're theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    Please provide evidence for that statement

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

Likely all of that is part of the experiment. Meaning trying to understand all of these feelings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Please provide evidence for that statement
    Well, i cant talk about it here cuz i will get into religion and we cant do that in the forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

When does the simulation end?
    What is life like outside the simulation?
    Can you take me out of the simulation and into the real world?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.