Thread: Fury BFA Beta

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    it will probably be the same as legion beta : fury good in beta = bad at release

Number wise of course, the gameplay will be good at least

Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    So After the Nerf pur damage is literally crap. I have a 320 war and in st i ve got beated by an HOLY PALADIN in st at a boss. Basically every class is doing better in ST. Our aoe isn t the top but atleast i am on top of the tank...i don t know if this goes live arms is the way.
    My understanding is people are saying Bajeera was 3 shotting people in PvP and that is why fury got the nerf. So sad people can't understand its the PvP talents that's allowed that. PvE has never been able do that kind of damage.

So After the Nerf pur damage is literally crap. I have a 320 war and in st i ve got beated by an HOLY PALADIN in st at a boss. Basically every class is doing better in ST. Our aoe isn t the top but atleast i am on top of the tank...i don t know if this goes live arms is the way.
    I might be the HOLY PALADIN. I'm specced as melee/shockadin for Dawn/Shock spam and was likely equivalently geared to you at the time. Keep in mind Dawn spam procs wings which boosts damage AND crit by 30%. Gear (1:1) vs that setup will likely have you edge me out in the next 10-15 ilvl, or on longer fights.

Self buffed (no drums), my fury warrior is getting 71% haste on the PTR. Feels better than Legion WW. Pretty crazy.
    https://imgur .com/a/wseOwMH

Barely enough room to ever cast Whirlwind with sudden death. Furious slash might difficult to ever to get 3 stacks without intentionally gimping your rotation.

Deleted
    that's lvl 110 you'll get around 5% haste hitting 120 with leveling gear ( before buffs)
    also you won't hit the same haste ratings as you got in legion even at the end of BFA

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    you have a good point here. Basically our ST and AOE are so well "fuse" together that is impossible to buff one of the two. I hope anyway that blizz will fix a bit the numbers
    They'd have to buff single target abilities while nerfing the damage done affect to additional targets by w. Not impossible but could have it's pit falls

Or the standard, targetted enemy takes more damage route. If aoe is fine then that is definitely the way to go imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Why not just make our AOE just WW and increase it's damage and give it a rage cost? And make FS baseline again?

- - - Updated - - -

Or give us back heroic strike for a ST filler
    I'm all for Heroic Strike coming back, but it won't have a place with the way Fury currently plays. Same with Whirlwind costing rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    Because of Rampage?

Why? BFA fury is the opposite of rage starved, just make WW have a rage cost and do enough damage to be respectable in AOE, and bring back HS to be a ST filler

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I think fury is great as it is right now, AOE is just a bit fiddly imo
    Because everything that has a rage cost synergizes negatively with Rampage in a big way. Why do you think the execute phase feels so bad in Legion without the class ring?

Besides, call me a heretic, but I never got the love for Heroic Strike. Originally it was the most boring ability ever, adding some damage to your next autoattack. Then it became this spammy button that gave you carpal tunnel, especially when you played Glad Spec in WoD. I'm not sad to see it gone.

Deleted
    I will never understand why people want Heroic Strike back. You had focused rage which was awful to play as Arms, now you want something similar back thats off the gcd while on top of that Fury is already the fastest spec in the game. I personally hate rotational abilities that are off the GCD and who absolutely hate if Heroic Strike ever makes it back, and have a lot of trouble trying to understand people that want it back

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is ST, WW would be for AOE
    Rampage is currently used for both AoE and ST, though. As is Whirlwind when Furious Slash isn't specced into. Having the old Heroic Strike back and Whirlwind costing rage again has zero synergy with the current kit that Fury has. In an iteration where Fury goes back to spending rage instead of building up your resource and spending it with a single ability, sure, that could work.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-07-10 at 10:43 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Besides, call me a heretic, but I never got the love for Heroic Strike. Originally it was the most boring ability ever, adding some damage to your next autoattack. Then it became this spammy button that gave you carpal tunnel, especially when you played Glad Spec in WoD. I'm not sad to see it gone.
    Heroic Strike was an ability that in it's best state was a good measure of skill level. Proper use of rage management and heroic strike was the difference between a top player and a decent player and allowed you to squeeze just a little extra dps at certain times when needed. MoP was one of the best times for Fury rotation and warriors were in such a bad place fun wise in WoD with the removal of Heroic Strike being one of the reasons why. I quit for the entire WoD expansion just because of how terrible warriors felt.

Legion Fury was pretty good though which is proof that the spec doesn't need Heroic Strike to be pretty good (as well as BfA beta from what I'm hearing). Just needs to be designed properly. I was sad to see Heroic Strike go after SoO, but happy with what we've had since Legion.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2018-07-11 at 01:10 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Which is ST, WW would be for AOE
    Rampage is your higher damage per utilization in AoE too and you still want to get as many enrage as possible during AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Heroic Strike was an ability that in it's best state was a good measure of skill level. Proper use of rage management and heroic strike was the difference between a top player and a decent player and allowed you to squeeze just a little extra dps at certain times when needed. MoP was one of the best times for Fury rotation and warriors were in such a bad place fun wise in WoD with the removal of Heroic Strike being one of the reasons why. I quit for the entire WoD expansion just because of how terrible warriors felt.

Legion Fury was pretty good though which is proof that the spec doesn't need Heroic Strike to be pretty good (as well as BfA beta from what I'm hearing). Just needs to be designed properly. I was sad to see Heroic Strike go after SoO, but happy with what we've had since Legion.
    My memory of how to optimally play MoP Fury is hazy because I was pretty bad at the time (only half bad now!) but I think we only used it during the CS window after pooling rage. So it's basically not much different from Rampage except more spammy.

Hey guys, I was playing around for about an hour trying out this spec. 2/1/1/3/1/1/2
    I have no numbers to show or give other than the playstyle and experience I gained.
    Overall, the spec goes crazy with unleashing rampages and having tons of enrage uptime. There's been very few windows, mainly due to procs, which forced me to WW once or twice in awhile. With BC being reduced in CD, with more rage generation it's not hard at all to ramapage during the buff every ~2abilities. Can I get some feedback on this spec? I tried using dragon rage and bladedstorm, but problem being is the gap in using shout, and BS taking so long to finish it caps out rage and could easily pump extra rampages in. Bottom talent, anger management cause more BC is more rage and more rampages like crazy. I went with meat cleaver because it works well with first talent and proccing enrages is nice on top of more rage to unleash further rampages. Please any feedback would be appreciated, even numbers if anyone can provide. Thanks in advance! (I posted this in the sticky thread, spreading it for possible replies.)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My memory of how to optimally play MoP Fury is hazy because I was pretty bad at the time (only half bad now!) but I think we only used it during the CS window after pooling rage. So it's basically not much different from Rampage except more spammy.
    During CS (it was still CS for Fury in MoP right?) you spammed it, but outside of it (which you spent more time than in) it had to be managed. Remember before Rampage out abilities costed rage so abilities have to be managed. Managing that rage with proper usage of heroic strike wasn't as easy as "just spam it". It was easy to spot a bad warrior and even just a decent/good warrior over a top tier warrior. Fury then was one of the harder specs to master (outside of a couple such as Feral arguably) but removing that ability removed a huge skill gap and dulled the spec down to where, if I recall correctly (I quit by the time raiding started so my memory of WoD is dull), it was just "CS on cooldown and hit these abilities as they come up. Don't worry about your rage much though"

Don't get me wrong though I love Rampage and way the rage mechanics work with it. It's different than MoP Fury but it's really fun. Rampage wasn't a thing before Legion though which was why the removal of Heroic Strike was such a big deal in WoD.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2018-07-12 at 12:34 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're overvaluing the skill that was needed to use Heroic Strike. Sure you had to think about its usage, but there were also times where you would just outright spam it due to the rage you'd get from taking damage in both Cata and MoP.

Because everything that has a rage cost synergizes negatively with Rampage in a big way. Why do you think the execute phase feels so bad in Legion without the class ring?

I remember having to balance the use of it in old raids too, because it generated a lot of threat. Annoying for everyone!
    Mother pus bucket!

Why not just make our AOE just WW and increase it's damage and give it a rage cost? And make FS baseline again?

- - - Updated - - -

Or give us back heroic strike for a ST filler
    Because FS is redundant and not a very good ability.

Throughout Legion all I ever wondered was why they didn't just dump FS and put the BT crit buff stack into WW.

BfA seems to have fixed that problem and given FS a way to come back as a niche talent. One that I expect a lot of people will be using right up until they get enough haste to make up for the buff.

Heroic Strike also doesn't really fit anymore, as other people have stated our purpose is now to build up to max rage for a rampage to maximize our enrage time. A dump like HS just doesn't make sense.

That said they could bring it back, but probably only as a talent that replaces recklessness as a short CD that would make our attacks build extra rage for a short amount of time.