Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Paladin on the alliance, night elf druid on the horde. Just enjoy the slow leveling experience I never experienced in Vanilla. Dungeons will seem like raids so I'm not even worried about raiding

Roll a Night Elf and gradually retrace my favourite part of vanilla on the island, and up darkshore to around level 30 or so.
    Then do the same with a Gnome on the other continent and get to 60 over a couple of years.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I never got to play Classic, so experiencing it for the first time is going to be a trip.

Deleted
    Leveling.... really slowly..... xD

10+ Year Old Account
    The main focus is the raids for me (if the servers are "original", real Vanilla like). I started playing mid-vanilla and did ZG, MC, Ony, AQ20 and BWL. But I never really did that much in AQ40 and Naxx.

These 2 raids are pretty much the coolest ever released so I can't wait to really get to experience those at lvl 60, which is basically the only thing I missed in regular WoW.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Plan on "maining" Classic over BfA (which I have little interest in, and regardless my current computer can't run).

If I do upgrade the comp, I'll level my lock and rogue and maybe do a LFR/Normal each tier just to see the content.

As for the Classic plans, since I plan on spending the -=vast majority=- of my time there... the current plan is:

- Rogue (main), Warlock (Alt)..... Then Warrior/Mage/Shadow/Enhance characters that -if they ever get made-, likely end up capping at 35 (as profession bots). Long term I may try an alliance Ret alt since I've NEVER leveled as alliance or possibly level up ONE of the others as a PvP alt.

- Leveling will ONLY be done with rested experience, even on my "main" (for overall time efficiency reasons)

-I'd like to raid on both 60s through BWL, but that depends entirely how raid tuning is for Classic and/or how competent groups are. (If tuning is as easy as current private realms, it'd be fairly trivial to push 2 or even 3 toons through MC/BWL speed runs each week in less time than it actually took to just clear MC in OG Vanilla). Beyond BWL and into AQ40/Naxx that I'd prefer to focus on the rogue (since Lock was my OG main), but keeping things real here.... My preferred Rogue builds are all dagger PvP builds (and typically atrocious for PvE), and it's massively harder to get solid raids as rogue#105981059809 so my Warlock will be kind of a backup plan.
    Last edited by Drosul; 2018-05-17 at 11:40 PM.

During any content droughts I plan to work on an Enhancement Shaman in the down time. I am all about those two extra attacks with a two hander with 1111 extra ap to them through talents! Going to be the PvP pain train, choo choo!

But again, probably will only play during content down time in retail.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Taking my time, almost like a side project. Will try to enjoy the leveling experience all over again. Will prolly raid at some point.
    Pretty much me too.

For me current WoW is where I will be staying, but I will be dipping in the nostalgia every so often.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Vicariously, through the salty tears and massive backlash when people realize their expectations are completely unrealistic. You think you do, but you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I don't really know, it won't go like vanilla.
    Back in those days I made a name for myself through pvp and had rivals to tackle, I don't see that happening with how people play this game these days. Especially if it has crossrealm in some way.

The only thing that even comes close is when you're in the top% of arena and you're running into other top teams constantly. But it's not the same at all.
    Head for the same realms as the private server players, Nost had quite a hardcore PvP community from launch and from what I hear they will be going to WoW Classic together.

make a guild and take 60+ raiders on a adventure

10+ Year Old Account
    In fond memories from when I played and raided in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

If I ever get the chance to play Classic again... I'll do it mostly like I did it before.
    1. create human male paladin without beard
    2. immediately feel "at home" due to the atmosphere and the perfect soundtrack (old inn music)
    3. run around for all sorts of quests (even to an extent where I really REALLY wanted to have a horse)
    4. gear up more efficiently this time - mostly because of the earlier experience obviously
    5. save up gold as much as I can instead of wasting it on silly stuff
    6. train up skills that I actually need at that period in my leveling time (salvation on a paladin is really not required until really late - per example)
    7. buy a horse
    8. hopefully fuck around a bit to help other players, I loved doing that when I played it the first time
    9. do dungeons ad infinitum for blue set gear+fire resistance
    10. raid

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to drop BFA as soon as Classic is out. The plan is to roll dwarf priest or human paladin in order to heal my friends. Our main goal is PvP, especially WPvP. We are going to do the minimum necessary to support that. So definitely dungeons, some BGs, maybe casual raiding. Enough to have a good time when Horde 60s show up, but nothing too extreme.

I just can't wait to do old fun/challenging content with friends again. Most of my WoW friends don't play current retail as they don't find it fun anymore, but they all play the occasional vanilla server and cannot wait for the release of classic.

By dropping my wife, school, work, and friends.

Deleted
    by rolling a rogue, and killing low level players over and over until they stop glorifying classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanjuurou View Post
    by rolling a rogue, and killing low level players over and over until they stop glorifying classic.
    Warlock is way better for being truly evil.

Curse of Recklessness a lvl 2 mob in a start zone... granting it roughly 75X the attack power it had, and watch what it does to the poor lvl 1 character that it's fighting.

Or... Do nothing but follow a lvl 10 mage around curse of Tongues-ing him for a few hours.

If those don't strike your fancy, try fearing players into packs of mobs and seeing how many you can get them to pull before eating a durability death!

The possibilities are endless.

My opinion on Vanilla has shifted multiple times. I think I'm erring on the side of not playing it. I LOVED Vanilla. I invested a lot of time into it. I raided Naxx. I had three characters up to Champion / Knight-Captain PVP rank on different servers. I made friends in game I still keep in contact with.

That said. I'm also the type of person who doesn't watch a movie multiple times, or complete a game multiple times. I get bored with Wow expansions when they start to get overly repetitive. I don't think re-experiencing Vanilla will keep my interest.

I think I'd like to keep it all as a fond memory and look back on good times with my rose-coloured glasses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    Warlock is way better for being truly evil.

Curse of Recklessness a lvl 2 mob in a start zone... granting it roughly 75X the attack power it had, and watch what it does to the poor lvl 1 character that it's fighting.

Or... Do nothing but follow a lvl 10 mage around curse of Tongues-ing him for a few hours.

If those don't strike your fancy, try fearing players into packs of mobs and seeing how many you can get them to pull before eating a durability death!

The possibilities are endless.
    Just hellfire suicide and avoid the durability loss.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Experience everything on a slow and steady pace