Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any new beta animations for tonight’s build?

Anyone w/ beta access

New animations for demo summons and demonbolt. Looks like there's a new Hand of Gul'dan animation on the way too.

I'm not sure if this is new, but I see it for the first time

New Infernal animation
    Spoiler: 

Implosion
    Spoiler: 

Summon Demonic Tyrant
    Spoiler: 

Demonbolt
    Spoiler: 

It may be a template animation though, since the new icon looks like this - has a burning skull as the main theme.

Summon Dreadstalkers
    Spoiler: 

Nether Portal
    Spoiler: 

As you can see on the last gif, Hand of Guldan is currently an untextured cube, just like shadowbolt before the new FX.
    Last edited by Tirilka; 2018-05-16 at 02:39 PM.

Very cool thanks Tirilka! Any animation for the new affliction talent Vile Taint?

Np
    Nope, it's just a vanilla level purple transparent explosion with no visible effect on the DoT part.

Holy fuck the new Summon Dreadstalkers is amazing! I am really looking forward to playing a warlock in BFA

That tyrant animation is cool as fuck

Do Warlocks get some kind of idle "ready" animation like all the casters have? I mean we got all fancy spell effects and stuff but all the cool animation like the other casters have aren't there yet for Warlocks?
    Last edited by Niffo; 2018-05-23 at 07:29 AM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    Do Warlocks get some kind of idle "ready" animation like all the casters have? I mean we got all fancy spell effects and stuff but all the cool animation like the other casters have aren't there yet for Warlocks?
    HoG has a new casting animation, so does Demonbolt, but there are more animations with the same tag that are not implemented yet, check out the dressing room on wowhead, there's an idle animation, and also a special one for summoning, I just made gifs but I have to host them somewhere else, can't post directly to MMO-champ, and I'm lazy.

Anything that starts with Loc is new, some of it is implemented, some isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    the wowhead dressingroom has a ready animation for warlocks, which looks quite menacing.
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/dressing-room...zmw8PsK8zmw87m

see animation LocReadySpellcast

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    HoG has a new casting animation, so does Demonbolt, but there are more animations with the same tag that are not implemented yet, check out the dressing room on wowhead, there's an idle animation, and also a special one for summoning, I just made gifs but I have to host them somewhere else, can't post directly to MMO-champ, and I'm lazy.

Anything that starts with Loc is new, some of it is implemented, some isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    the wowhead dressingroom has a ready animation for warlocks, which looks quite menacing.
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/dressing-room...zmw8PsK8zmw87m

see animation LocReadySpellcast

WOW! I am sold! These look really really good, can't wait for them to arrive! Thanks I looked right over it.

Oh man, LocSummon is wonderful. Hey, remember when everyone said that these wouldn't happen when Blizzard said they were waiting for BfA to do them justice?

I wonder when these are going to be implemented for other spells, Affliction and Destro both are not making use of the new casting animations yet.

I think Infernal still needs a little more impact/weight added to its' landing. New stuff is awesome though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    I think Infernal still needs a little more impact/weight added to its' landing. New stuff is awesome though.
    The Infernal should have some kind of fire nova effect when it lands, would be sufficient to add impact imho.

Deleted
    I love the new portals when you summon demons, but I hope they also update the casting animation itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    The Infernal should have some kind of fire nova effect when it lands, would be sufficient to add impact imho.
    Agreed, it used to have that too. At some point, for some reason it was removed. Time to bring it back, but in an updated fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalhero View Post
    I love the new portals when you summon demons, but I hope they also update the casting animation itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, it used to have that too. At some point, for some reason it was removed. Time to bring it back, but in an updated fashion.

Ye the portals look neat, but the dressing room has an awesome animation called LocSummon and I REALLY hope it gets implemented.

Deleted
    Sadly imp with green fire still uses the old animation.

While I normally don't post direct links to content and stuff that I made I figured since there was not a direct answer, I would link the most recent summon animations as well as a few other videos covering some of the new animations! They are pretty quick but I was glad I could get them out for everyone to see. There are a few more covering even more animations if you want to dig deeper into the channel, but I won't clog the post up with them.

I think there might be some changes to the color of the summoning portals for certain pets, but I like the changes regardless!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm will get new animation soon, it got new impact sound and casting sound was removed for now, so it's pretty much WIP for sure.