Thread: RIP Ignore Pain

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

RIP Ignore Pain

It's rage cost doubled, it's total damage ignore reduced by 40% base, and then another 75%-ish from AP (if doing the math right).

-Ignore Pain (New) Fight through the pain, ignoring 50% of damage taken, up to absorb total damage prevented. Warrior - Protection Spec. 40 Rage. Instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    It's rage cost doubled, it's total damage ignore reduced by 40% base, and then another 75%-ish from AP (if doing the math right).

-Ignore Pain (New) Fight through the pain, ignoring 50% of damage taken, up to absorb total damage prevented. Warrior - Protection Spec. 40 Rage. Instant.
    It's actually feeling real nice, and it's off the gcd, rather smooth now with vengeance, get enough revenge procs where IP is almost always at the reduced 26 rage, and gives us something else for magic dmg besides SR, we just need a slight buff to rage gen, still a little slow. I'm loving it actually.

Ignore Pain ign... huh. Magic ignored, too. I thought that was a typo, at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
    It's actually feeling real nice, and it's off the gcd, rather smooth now with vengeance, get enough revenge procs where IP is almost always at the reduced 26 rage, and gives us something else for magic dmg besides SR, we just need a slight buff to rage gen, still a little slow. I'm loving it actually.
    Huh? IP is very definitely on the GCD now. Although the revenge reduction is nice, I find it a little funny how the Revenge half doesn't work. Still costs 30 instead of 20 (although you ideally only use it with a proc). Obviously a bug that part, but still funny.

That said, IP still needs some heavy tuning. And our rage generation. It's still almost painful to try and tank a single target with costs. Especially if you also try to use Bolster. At that point, the rotation is disgustingly clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Fethend View Post
    Huh? IP is very definitely on the GCD now. Although the revenge reduction is nice, I find it a little funny how the Revenge half doesn't work. Still costs 30 instead of 20 (although you ideally only use it with a proc). Obviously a bug that part, but still funny.

That said, IP still needs some heavy tuning. And our rage generation. It's still almost painful to try and tank a single target with costs. Especially if you also try to use Bolster. At that point, the rotation is disgustingly clunky.
    Yeah it's on the GCD that was my bad, it was showing off it on wowhead at first, and nothing was staying alive long enough for me to pay close enough attention to. But yeah I get a lot of rev procs so almost every IP I need is at reduced cost of 26. And it still stacks the absorb. We do need a buff to rage gen and we'll be golden I think for the most part, still a little slow, but that seems to be the theme of the xpac so just gotta get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im glad its back, but with that, Bolster and Shield block costing so much, not to mention revenge, I feel rage starved from initially playing with it

its to keep people from spamming buttons and watching tv, having something to 'watch out for' and have more inter-activeness. you dont want a constant full bar where you just spam whatever button to win without an energy or rage bar - Unless you like that gameplay, then paladins are thataway ---------->

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Im glad its back, but with that, Bolster and Shield block costing so much, not to mention revenge, I feel rage starved from initially playing with it
    Honestly with IP back Bolster likely won't be an auto include like it was looking to be, could be more circumstance on when we pick it. I like it being a choice rather than a must.

Deleted
    My problem with Ignore Pain is that it's a simple mechanic, described to look complicated. It's also just... Meh. It's an absorb that never really feels exciting, or has much synergy with anything else.

I was hoping it would be gone for good, and Bolster would hopefully be baked into the class as a replacement. I very much wanted to move away from these magical absorption shields since it doesn't feel very "warrior-ish" to me. Oh well, will probably still play with it.

Deleted
    Ahhh but maybe it will be fun to use.....

I'm okay with this, they couldn't come up with anything else. We needed a way to mitigate magic outside SR (I see some folks forget the blast that was NH without the bracers feeding you health). Is it the most exciting thing? No, but I think it fits warrior theme better than some other choices. You grin and bare the pain and keep going. Grin and Bare it should be a Prot Warrior spell.

I like the idea of dropping bolster and having IP, Idom, and SR in heavy Magic fights. And going Bolster/IP/SB for heavy Physical fights. I'm starting to put my warrior up there high again if I end up tanking for my guild this next expansion. Still the choices are BDK, Bear, Warrior and warrior was loosing its spot before this, now I feel like we look more complete and rounded out. Still beating out BDK for my main might be tough, Blood just ends up so well rounded for all content types (Raid, +, Leveling, Utility). At this point the choice is mobility vs moving mobs might be my decider.

Who knows I might heal this time around, been thinking Tree or Holy Pally for a bit now.

Why can't they just make Spell Reflect our magical mitigation, with a much shorter cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Antero View Post
    Why can't they just make Spell Reflect our magical mitigation, with a much shorter cooldown.
    We also needed another form of AM so it fits both bills with little creativity or work.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I like the idea of dropping bolster and having IP, Idom, and SR in heavy Magic fights. And going Bolster/IP/SB for heavy Physical fights.
    Who knows I might heal this time around, been thinking Tree or Holy Pally for a bit now.
    Same. I like the idea of seeing who will be able to determine what the best mitigation usage is in each moment. Right now, most warriors in the same content range are doing the same thing. I'm only in the Heroic range right now (just now returning after the awfulness that was NH without bracers) and I essentially play every fight the same. Big hit incoming? Build the hell out of an IP. I can use Demo pretty freely because of my legendary setup + Anger Management. Shield Wall and Last Stand if shit is about to get real.

If they can make rage generation (and combat pacing) feel good, I think I actually like the idea of choosing between IP, Sblock, SR, and Bolster on a situational basis. It sort of makes me feel like a "master warrior" who has a great toolkit but who will fail if I don't know how to use it properly. With proper tuning, I think Blizzard can make good gameplay feel very rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    because they moving away from magical mitigation?
    At the same as they're adding a bunch of bosses with magic tank damage in the first raid.

Feels like Blizzard tries to nerf the self-sufficiency of tanks every xpack, and the only result is that the tank that comes out unscathed is OP as fuck for a time (Warrior very early in Legion, Guardian afterwards) and then they gradually buff everyone back up to their level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    At the same as they're adding a bunch of bosses with magic tank damage in the first raid.

Feels like Blizzard tries to nerf the self-sufficiency of tanks every xpack, and the only result is that the tank that comes out unscathed is OP as fuck for a time (Warrior very early in Legion, Guardian afterwards) and then they gradually buff everyone back up to their level.
    Pretty sure it was established well before launch that both Prot Warriors and Guardians weren't well balanced but nothing got changed until it was too late, especially for Guardian(still think it's hilarious the tier bonus countered the nerfs in nighthold). It's unsurprising that this then leads to weird balance changes.

I don't think the way the game has worked for a while now really gels well with Blizzard's idea of tanks having certain niches. In practice it means that some tanks end up really strong whilst others are just a bit of a liability. I'm unsure why all tanks can't have a magic damage CD, just not one that you can keep up 100% of the time. At the same time as your armour buff to multiple stacks...

Druids - ironfur active mit, rejuv for smoothness
    DKs - marrowend, rune tap active mit, ds for smoothness
    DH - spikes active mit, shear, spirit bomb for smoothness
    Paladins - shield active mit, lop and bulwark for smoothness
    Monks - ironbrew active mit, purify smoothness
    Warriors - shield active mit, ip, bolster smoothness.

so whats the problem? gear scales, shit will be better with more str. never had IP before legion and warriors worked fine. and if IP absorbs magic damage? warriors will be the most sought after along with the self sustain

The game was balanced around no IP, now it's balanced around IP.

Also warriors were horrible tanks back then compared to everyone else.

With it back I can at least tank without disintegrating, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    The game was balanced around no IP, now it's balanced around IP.

Also warriors were horrible tanks back then compared to everyone else.

With it back I can at least tank without disintegrating, which is nice.
    Yeah I also like it on the Beta and it seems to be more balanced rn