Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lots of Fury talent changes - no more Avatar, Bloodbath, etc.

So what will the go-to talents be now, ya think?

Link to changes.

Way too early to tell in terms of tuning. Still, I'll have a go before going to bed;

Furious Slash still seems stronger than the alternatives. 6% Haste is hard to pass up. But to tell the truth all 3 of the talents in that row look interesting. TBH I'd like Sudden Death to come out on top, I always liked that mechanic. But Inner Rage is also tempting to speed up the rotation.

Frothing Berserker still seems to win its row thanks to the global damage and Haste buff.

Meat Cleaver seems to clearly be the best talent in its row for single target, as the others seem to offer little on that front unless DR and/or Bladestorm offer damage so significant that they are priority on ST. Otherwise it seems hard for them to compete with more rage and a 10% chance to Enrage on our filler ability.

I kinda hope Siegebreaker doesn't end up being the best, juggling it and Enrage might be a bit annoying and make the spec a bit too bursty again. Anger Management is Convergence done right and Reckless Abandon is always fun and to me seems the preferred option if Rampage remains our hardest hitting ability now that Recklessness is 1m.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Way too early to tell in terms of tuning. Still, I'll have a go before going to bed;

Furious Slash still seems stronger than the alternatives. 6% Haste is hard to pass up. But to tell the truth all 3 of the talents in that row look interesting. TBH I'd like Sudden Death to come out on top, I always liked that mechanic. But Inner Rage is also tempting to speed up the rotation.

Frothing Berserker still seems to win its row thanks to the global damage and Haste buff.

Meat Cleaver seems to clearly be the best talent in its row for single target, as the others seem to offer little on that front unless DR and/or Bladestorm offer damage so significant that they are priority on ST. Otherwise it seems hard for them to compete with more rage and a 10% chance to Enrage on our filler ability.

I kinda hope Siegebreaker doesn't end up being the best, juggling it and Enrage might be a bit annoying and make the spec a bit too bursty again. Anger Management is Convergence done right and Reckless Abandon is always fun and to me seems the preferred option if Rampage remains our hardest hitting ability now that Recklessness is 1m.
    Interesting about Furious Slash. I was thinking Inner Rage but you might be right. I agree with Frothing, Meat Cleaver (unless Dragon Roar is OP damage-wise) and Recklessness.

One thing I dont like is the removal of Avatar

Avatar is based off of Mountain Kings from WC3 who dual wielded hammers and axes. Doesnt really make sense to be given to prot, it doesnt fit them thematicaly at all.

I always liked runnin it as it allowed me play out my old WC3 Mountain King fantasy for my character

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post

Avatar is based off of Mountain Kings from WC3 who dual wielded hammers and axes. Doesnt really make sense to be given to prot, it doesnt fit them thematicaly at all.

I always liked runnin it as it allowed me play out my old WC3 Mountain King fantasy for my character
    From a class fantasy perspective I agree, but what with the shitty GCD changes, having one less button to press is, imo, a good thing.

Eh. I'm okay with the removal of all those abilities because what they've been replaced with all sound good.

I'm being optimistic here but is there a chance we come out of pre patch with fury having multiple talents in different rows to choose from? As opposed to how it is now on live where there is one specific set up that is best?

The is all looking pretty solid.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    We need more self heals to survive being a melee class. I already get blown to smithereens in arena

10+ Year Old Account

It also provide marginal damage increase, the whole point of avatar was being spell immune and very durable, which fits prot more. Even tho blizzard flipped avatar into a damage cooldown
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Lol, i have to say it's just kind of hilarious the only person who even cares about avatar at all is a guy infatuated with dwarves. Not trying to give you shit i just think it's typical and comical.

This could become the best iteration of Fury yet...

Can't wait to see the final build with all the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I don't get why Dragons Roar is still a thing. They specifically mention making it more like Odyns Fury.... Why not just make it Odyns Fury? Seriously.

I don't think it fits with Fury playstyle to yell at a target for damage.
    Well, hm! I'm actually pretty sore about warriors being forced into this vrykul fantasy in Legion, being denied a proper fury artifact, and I'm bored by and totally indifferent to everything revolving around the bearded titan in the sky and his war with the sea witch, so I don't want them to keep any names or mention of their existence in skills or gear from now until forever. I like the skill itself though, so we could keep it and call it something like "Burning hatred" or something like that.

But I do think shouting damage is very fury like, at least within Blizzard's universe. I remember having a shouting-barbarian in Diablo 2, and we have several other shouts as skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    Lol, i have to say it's just kind of hilarious the only person who even cares about avatar at all is a guy infatuated with dwarves. Not trying to give you shit i just think it's typical and comical.
    I guess Avatar is the exception, since it's very bound to dwarf fantasy. My warrior is tauren, and I loved TC during war3, but I wouldn't really mind if "shockwave" was replaced with something, I don't use it anyway.
    Mother pus bucket!

Meat cleaver a talent now? Wtf is this bullshit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Meat cleaver a talent now? Wtf is this bullshit
    Someone hasn't read a damn thing. Getting angry over something you almost certainly haven't kept yourself updated on is the most WoW-player thing ever.
    Last edited by mmocae2f98ce7e; 2018-05-31 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It also provide marginal damage increase, the whole point of avatar was being spell immune and very durable, which fits prot more. Even tho blizzard flipped avatar into a damage cooldown
    And in heroes of the storm it is Muradin's ultimate and it only gives maximum health. There is no offensive part of it at all.
    I like avatar but I think it should be defensive cooldown. Either for all 3 specs or just for prot. The current version of it in wow only makes sense for Arms and not interesting.

I'm hoping Sudden Death resets Execute's cooldown, otherwise the proc will be completely pointless during the Execute phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
    I'm hoping Sudden Death resets Execute's cooldown, otherwise the proc will be completely pointless during the Execute phase.
    If you did more reading and less hoping you'd actually know the answer to this already.

Wow, can't believe I missed that when I was reading. I think I just saw "Sudden Death" and went into euphoric bliss, missing that crucial point.

5+ Year Old Account
    Its alrdy beta, but only good changes come to 4 specs in my opinion (Fury War,Havok DH,Surv Hunter,Demo Warlock), lets hope that tons of self buffs with big CDs gona be removed from other specs too - with new GCD , each talent with buff on damage and cd 2-3 min feels like debuff to slow myself down, others classes in need of same type attention.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    Someone hasn't read a damn thing. Getting angry over something you almost certainly haven't kept yourself updated on is the most WoW-player thing ever.

Which still means that meat cleaver is removed baseline!?
    Could just make this rework and keep it baseline

I'm not sure how I feel atm. I mean I love the changes but also don't like the seigebreaker idea. I wonder if it will be mandatory in pve. I love the sudden death for fury. Having execute at 35 percent hp looks to be amazing, but honestly not sure if it would be worth taking over the other talents. Can't wait to see how it all comes together. Blamestorm with a 1 min CD will be great for pvp for sure. Gah, who else is just stoked to be a fury main again?