Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    no evil pegasus, I hate you all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    no evil pegasus, I hate you all.
    There are two other angry pegasus you can get already. And pretty darn easily, too.

While I'm not remendously keen on yet another raven lord-type mount, at least it's somewhat unique, as all its iterations are rare drops.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2018-06-08 at 01:15 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's.....a mount. For me what matters is the source and way of acquisition, not the actual model. It could literally be a walking pile of shit and I would probably use it if was a reward from something hard.

And lol at the morons who have no idea what is the number of mounts that actually counts for the achievement. The ignorance is ubiquitous both here and in-game.

Right now, having almost all mounts that are available gives you about 350 (not including the 1/2000 or rarer, tcg, shop and pvp rating ones). Most people will probably wake up as to which number counts for the achievement once they log in to the game thinking they will get the 400 achie, and they won't even be credited with the 350 one :P
    Umm sorry but your wrong. On my stats page I have 401 mounts (one of my guildy's actually has more) so yes it is possible and some like myself will have the achieve as soon as we log in.

Edit: This just in, the 400 mount achive reward has now been changed to "Frenzied Feltalon".
    Last edited by Silversorrow; 2018-06-08 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    There are two other angry pegasus you can get already. And pretty darn easily, too.

While I'm not remendously keen on yet another raven lord-type mount, at least it's somewhat unique, as all its iterations are rare drops.
    If it doesn't fly its not Pegasus.

Woohoo, fuck that hearthsteed, long live the Feltalon. Also heads up if you copy characters over, you can get the reins but it won't let you learn the mount. If anyone figures a way around this lemme know.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You'll have to work on your reading ability since I never said that.

My point still stands that complaining about one particular reward, especially a tiered achievement one like this, is the epitome of childish immaturity. So you find this particular reward lackluster. That's fine, but this game doesn't revolve around you. Some people obviously like this particular mount. I also doubt anyone out there that's going to get this achievement was planning to stop at 400 mounts anyway so shut the fuck up, continue collecting, and maybe the next mount tier reward will be better.
    you are actually an idiot. If people went with this logic nothing in the world would ever be changed. If you don't like something just "shut the fuck up" and take it....smart. You can give feedback about things you don't like without being the epiotme of childish. Your thinking is childish if you ask me.
    Last edited by Zelion; 2018-06-09 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelion View Post
    you are actually an idiot. If people went with this logic nothing in the world would ever be changed. If you don't like something just "shut the fuck up" and take it....smart. You can give feedback about things you don't like without being the epiotme of childish. Your thinking is childish if you ask me.
    No I wasn't asking you, but you're clearly a moron if you think whiny bitch threads like this are anything close to productive feedback. Get your head out of your ass and maybe you'll come to the realization that just because I don't take a video game seriously doesn't mean that I'm suggesting people take nothing seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I wasn't asking you, but you're clearly a moron if you think whiny bitch threads like this are anything close to productive feedback. Get your head out of your ass and maybe you'll come to the realization that just because I don't take a video game seriously doesn't mean that I'm suggesting people take nothing seriously.
    "a recoloration of a mount you can get for playing three hearthstone games that isn't remarkably different from it isn't a worthy reward for 400 mounts"

That's what this thread was about and blizzard listened to that sentiment.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

"a recoloration of a mount you can get for playing three hearthstone games that isn't remarkably different from it isn't a worthy reward for 400 mounts"

No, this thread was about entitled people bitching because they subjectively didn't like a perfectly fine reward, and Blizzard didn't "listen", they slapped them in the face (and everyone else in the process) with something along the same lines, but inferior. Trying to claim victory out of that is at worst hilarious, and at best a tell that your complaints were, as I've been saying all along, entirely subjective.

Personally, I find the troll they pulled a little inappropriate, if only because they lowered themselves to your (collective your) level, but both of those mounts deserve to be in game, so whatever. If we must sacrifice another mount collecting achievement for that old felfire bird, as if we aren't coming fresh off a Legion themed expansion with plenty of cool opportunities to add it, so be it. It's been a long time coming and many locks are no doubt happy to see it. I just hope they add a different achievement for the horse.

I have a feeling that many of the people who cried about Hearthsteed recolor #2 were not particularly pleased with Flametalon recolor #3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling that many of the people who cried about Hearthsteed recolor #2 were not particularly pleased with Flametalon recolor #3.
    The flametalon, at least, has ONLY rare iterations.

They could have chosen a cooler mount, sure (not sure who it is on the WoW dev team that has a hard-on for the raven lord mount, but whatever) but it's by and far above a hearthstone promotion clone.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The flametalon, at least, has ONLY rare iterations.

They could have chosen a cooler mount, sure (not sure who it is on the WoW dev team that has a hard-on for the raven lord mount, but whatever) but it's by and far above a hearthstone promotion clone.
    27% ownership for Raven Lord and 22% for Flametalon is not rare. Yeah, the Hearthsteed is much higher, because you inadvertently get it just from playing Hearthstone, but pretty much any mount collector has Raven Lord and Flametalon; even if you're only aiming for 250, you're going to get those, because they're pretty, and they're some of the easiest dungeon/raid mounts to farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    No, this thread was about entitled people bitching because they subjectively didn't like a perfectly fine reward, and Blizzard didn't "listen", they slapped them in the face (and everyone else in the process) with something along the same lines, but inferior. Trying to claim victory out of that is at worst hilarious, and at best a tell that your complaints were, as I've been saying all along, entirely subjective.

Personally, I find the troll they pulled a little inappropriate, if only because they lowered themselves to your (collective your) level, but both of those mounts deserve to be in game, so whatever. If we must sacrifice another mount collecting achievement for that old felfire bird, as if we aren't coming fresh off a Legion themed expansion with plenty of cool opportunities to add it, so be it. It's been a long time coming and many locks are no doubt happy to see it. I just hope they add a different achievement for the horse.
    Seeing as we likely wont be flying in BFA until some ungodly long amount of time into it, it being a flying or non-flying mount is immaterial.

As I said, it's probably not the best mount they could have chosen. But it's definitely better than a recolor of the derpy hearthsteed.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Seeing as we likely wont be flying in BFA until some ungodly long amount of time into it, it being a flying or non-flying mount is immaterial.

As I said, it's probably not the best mount they could have chosen. But it's definitely better than a recolor of the derpy hearthsteed.
    I agree on the flying part, I don't care as long as the mount is cool. But the Feltalon is an older recolor of an even older model, with more variants that exist in game, so on all those fronts it is objectively a downgrade. It is... well, immaterial for a high end mount collector whether those recolors are owned by 22% or 68% percent of the playerbase, that's like comparing Normal puggers with casuals when we're talking about a Mythic end boss. Guess what? Almost half of my 400 mounts are owned by fewer than 22% of the playerbase.

But looking at the rarity of recolors was always a stupid argument in this case, because some people just don't bother with mounts if they're not going to use them. The Twilight Drake is basically 3 loading screens away from afking in Dalaran, basically free, yet more than 30% of players didn't go to take it. Garrison mounts were just a bunch of easy dailies, but they're standing low at 35%. The Hearthsteed is in a unique position in that if you play Hearthstone a bit you just get it, so the ownership rate is artificially inflated by people who didn't necessarily chase it, but had it added to their mount list anyway.

I don't necessarily mind that Blizzard is handing out old recolors for mount collecting achievements... yes, on one hand it feels a little lazy and boring, but on the other hand it's a nod to the fact that us collectors always keep track of datamined mounts and always clamor for models we know exist but were never added to the game (this isn't really the way we want to get them, especially since there are a lot more such models than available achievements, but it's ok). But by this logic, the Skystallion was fine, and it was a more interesting and unique option than the Feltalon, which is especially weird since we got the flying version, originally meant to be cooler, if we look at the Firelands raid, all the way back at 250.

Now, I am excited about the Frostshard because, even though I'm at 400 mounts, I don't have any of the other infernals yet, and I suspect not that many collectors do. Those are at 0.3%(!) and 2.3% ownership right now, and they are new models from Legion. If they really wanted to soothe the souls of collectors, they would have allowed us early access to a rare mount from BFA, or another mythic mount, or at least an unused model with no recolors available. Stuff like:

- An albino Brutosaur without vendors.
    - Unarmored versions of the new Proto Drakes they wipped out for Gladiators (different colors for Alliance and Horde)
    - A recolor of the Ur'zul mount from mythic Antorus (or two, a red one for Horde and a grey one for Alliance)
    - A recolor of whatever model they have planned for Mythic Azsara
    - The original WoD Chimera

This is not to mean that I condone throwing a fuss or acting insulted if we don't get those... Again, recolors are fine, the Feltalon is fine, the Skystallion was fine, we want them in game either way (just make more achievements similar to Awake the Drakes for Horses and Demons, like I suggested in another thread). But if they want input from collectors when it comes to "X mounts" achievements, this is it: we would really appreciate a new model that is hard to get at the time the achi is released, or even impossible to get for another few months, so we can show it off in the pre-patch and during leveling, and have that feeling for a short time that there's nothing else like it in our collection. This is what the Albino Drake and Dragonhawks originally were.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2018-06-11 at 10:37 AM.

Superb trolling by Blizzard, but I do like it marginally better than the Skystallion.

_At least the 350 reward is still cool....... isn't it?_

Deleted
    Just seen this NPC mount on the Broken Shore, this would of been perfect.

^ Every "NPC Mount" and taxi should be available to the playerbase in some way.

I mean my god, why not?? Highmountain eagle taxis. Azsuna spectral hypogryphs with the new model. Etc etc. It's like they feel the need to have 50 mount models "saved up" and drip one out every 2 or 3 years, by which time people are bitter because there's 49 better ones they 'could have' used. I don't get it, I really don't. I'd really love to hear the reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Just seen this NPC mount on the Broken Shore, this would of been perfect.

You can get this mount though, the red version. It's from the Stormheim repeatable loot box after exalted

Deleted
    All of the mount rewards have been recolors, I personally don't think it needs changing.

Deleted
    Pretty sure a recolour of a rare mount that people had interest in when it was datamined (just like there was interest in the fel fire rag hawk) was a lot more desirable than a welfare mount from hearthstone, and another horse at that.
    I mean, I'd rather have a unique mount but I'll take a rare model over a common one.

What I really wish is that they'd stop lowballing the numbers so much - they could have fit in a 450 / 500 mount achievment at this point and thrown the recoloured hearthsteed on one of those, instead I have no more mount achievment to work towards until the next expansion 2 years down the line, which I'll probably get in the pre-patch once again.

I'd rather they had achievements that weren't achievable yet than achievements that are retroactively completed the instant they're added.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    27% ownership for Raven Lord and 22% for Flametalon is not rare. Yeah, the Hearthsteed is much higher, because you inadvertently get it just from playing Hearthstone, but pretty much any mount collector has Raven Lord and Flametalon; even if you're only aiming for 250, you're going to get those, because they're pretty, and they're some of the easiest dungeon/raid mounts to farm.
    Not making much of an argument for the mount we got being a downgrade here, it's almost like you're arguing with him for the sake of arguing.