Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Is a beautiful picture.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    imo its cool to fly around brill and undercity and look at the aftermath and devastation of the war.
    teldrassil is just a painting, that looks nice from the right angle (it looks pretty weird if you look at it from an unintended angle). and it looks nothing like what it used to look like.
    You do know that before we got flying in Azeroth, pretty much all of the major cities were just like the old Hollywood movie sets in that pretty much all the non essential buildings were just facades.. If you go to Silvermoon city, most of the buildings are still facades and not actual solid 3d Buildings..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2018-05-19 at 08:15 AM.

Now we just need Silvermoon City for the Alliance. That'll settle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    If Stormwind repair time is any indication (or the bridge in Redridge), then three expansions at least.
    And considering those are human structures, I doubt blizzard will even bother replacing Teldrassil
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    It is needed for those who roll a Night Elf toon, as their start zone is still in the tree..
    You won't get the destroyed phase until 110 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    It is needed for those who roll a Night Elf toon, as their start zone is still in the tree..
    There are also verious other quests and hollyday events tied to it.. the bronze NPCs are a good and valuable addition in an MMO setting for things like these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    every ingame city in a nutshell
    Maybe now they are going replace one by one, to achieve level of Boralus on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    Maybe now they are going replace one by one, to achieve level of Boralus on all of them.
    I used to envy alliance for Stormwind (classic etc) but now just give me suramar and I won't need any other city.. ever. Dalaran should have been like Suramar. But I don't think they can crank these out without utilizing them heavily, they just take too much time and resources to create, something they just can't justify unless it's <current expansion>'s main hub.

Deleted
    Silvermoon may easily become like this, if they decide to fix it, and integrate with rest of the world.

The 2d-ish model is fine. Teldrassil is an entire zone. And it's been reduced to cinders. Blizzard would have to put in huge work, just to create the remnants on fire. And it wouldn't solve the problem of the entire zone being constructed based on vanilla tech, that makes the tree look like total crap now that we have larger view distance, and not at all like it's supposed to look like in lore.

The visual animation we'll get to see during the destruction will use that lorewise depiction of Teldrassil, as an actual tree instead of the stump it is ingame. It is only natural we'll get to see the end result resembling that appearance too.

Hopefully the Night Elves can create a new home that'll look much better, in the expansion after BfA.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2018-05-19 at 11:18 AM.

Teldrassil is an entire zone. Making something that big, looking as good or better as the 2D thing, for the sole reason of being looked at from a distance, would be a bit of a waste of resources.
    Lordaeron, as a comparison, is just a keep over the Undercity. They could update it visually without nearly as much work as Teldrassil would have demanded.
    If it was turned into a leveling or max-level zone for BfA content, sure, I could see it happening, but that's not what they decided to do.

Plot twist: the wisps from that silly vehicle WQ in Val'Sharah will cause the rapid maturation of a world tree sapling. Teldrassil 2: Tree Harder.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"