Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So will the Horde loose Silvermoon eventually ? (spoilers)

What is your role in this campaign, magister?
    "As a magister, my duty has always been to Silvermoon and its people. When the mad Arthas devastated our lands, I knew we must harness every power available to ensure our survival.

Prince Kael'thas proposed one way. I sought out another."
    So you sought the power of shadow?
    "My followers and I felt no loyalty to the Horde. When Grand Magister Rommath forbade our Void research, we did not hesitate to break away and follow our own path.

But hubris got the best of me. I was certain I could master any force we encountered.

I was so wrong..."
    The Void nearly claimed you?
    "I led us right into the ethereals' trap. If not for Alleria Windrunner's intervention, we would have been lost.

As it was, the shadow energies transformed us... and opened our minds to the whispers of the Void. Without Alleria's guidance, we would have fallen into madness.

She has helped us quiet our minds. Dampen the whispers. It is a constant struggle."
    Now you fight for the Alliance.
    "We do not stand with the Alliance out of convenience. Nor is it a mere gesture of thanks to Alleria.

Our ordeal has taught us the importance of great powers being in the right hands. We could not allow the Horde to know the things we know, or to use us as a weapon in their schemes.

We fight for the Alliance because we believe in its values. And one day, I pray we will bring all of Silvermoon back into the fold."
    How fare you, Magister Umbric?
    "I struggle to fetter the whispers, same as you. Thankfully, Alleria Windrunner continues to offer us her guidance.

Without her intervention... well, I fear we would have all been lost.

And though I was reluctant to treat with him at first, I have learned much from the Locus-Walker. Just bear in mind that anything he offers is bound to serve his own goals in some way."
    Do you believe we have earned the trust of the Alliance?
    "So long as Silvermoon stands with the Horde, there will always be those who mistrust us.

But the Alliance is where our people belong. I am more certain of that now than ever before.

Stay the course, $n. Show our comrades in the Alliance that we fight for the same cause.

One day the Horde's grip on our land will be broken, and the children of Quel'Thalas will stand united once more.

I know it."
    So this is the purpuse of the void elves. To make Silvermoon Alliance again. I wonder if bfa will show them actually trying make it.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Remember the Horde Still has Stonard as well
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Umbric has been wrong about everything thus far, not sure I'd put too much stock in what he says.

Just because he wants it doesn't mean it's going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He is probably high on void and mumbling some gibberish. Like all void elves do.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that’s not going to happen. That’s a pipe dream of a mad Elf.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

We all assume the faction conflict is going to get worse. I could see Silvermoon becoming a neutral city for all variations of high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So this is the purpuse of the void elves. To make Silvermoon Alliance again. I wonder if bfa will show them actually trying make it.
    Also, how is conquering your own people in the name of some faction you joined for all of like 3 years (Second War) a rational thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    We all assume the faction conflict is going to get worse. I could see Silvermoon becoming a neutral city for all variations of high elves.
    Sure, the last time a void infused elf approached the Sunwell, it was about to get corrupted again. What about you out of nowhere edgy lore-aberration stay in your marvelous rifthole?

Deleted
    Definitely seems pointing to blood elf vs void elf conflict in Quel'Thalas in the future. But both Umbric and Alleria are very specific in that they want to reunite with the blood elves and bring them all back into the Alliance, not just conquer the land.

I don't see it going that way, or faction-swapping Silvermoon as a capital city. I mean, it's one thing to destroy a city. A Forsaken player can still wear an Undercity tabard and feel alright. But "Silvermoon" is welded so tightly into blood elf identity that it would be downright bizarre for, say, my blood elf character, Lorissa of Silvermoon, wearing a Silvermoon tabard, atop a Silvermoon hawkstrider, shouting "FOR QUEL'THALAS" and "FOR SILVERMOON" in her player quotes, when all of this now belongs to the Alliance. That's just mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Also, how is conquering your own people in the name of some faction you joined for all of like 3 years (Second War) a rational thought?
    As apposed to turning your race into the cannon fodder for a mad queen who doesn't think twice at turning your corpse into a road block?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    This could be foreshadowing.

It's reminiscent of the time Velen foreshadowed our trip to Argus. They are laying the groundwork now so it makes sense when this actually happens.

The Alliance mat attack Silvermoon during the course of BFA. But they will fail because gameplay means they have to fail, the Blood Elves cannot lose the Sunwell or else they would have to surrender. And surrender means you can't have Blood Elves playing in the Horde. Also the Horde needs to keep a city in the Eastern Kingdoms and Silvermoon is it.

But just because the Alliance will fail does not mean the attempt will not have a big impact on the story of the war.

It might even be an opportunity to merge Quel'thalas with the rest of the EK map and make it flyable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Alleria will convince herself that she is a liberator. No matter how often you tell her the Blood Elves are a part of the Horde through their own free will, she will just think as soon as we get rid of the traitors and the Horde, the people will see the light.

In other words she's not thinking rationally on this topic because her emotions are clouding her judgement.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Alleria will convince herself that she is a liberator. No matter how often you tell her the Blood Elves are a part of the Horde through their own free will, she will just think as soon as we get rid of the traitors and the Horde, the people will see the light.
    She and Ion need to have a chat then, he can remind her 'the Horde is there waiting for you'

She has helped us quiet our minds. Dampen the whispers. It is a constant struggle."
    Now you fight for the Alliance.
    "We do not stand with the Alliance out of convenience. Nor is it a mere gesture of thanks to Alleria.

Our ordeal has taught us the importance of great powers being in the right hands. We could not allow the Horde to know the things we know, or to use us as a weapon in their schemes.
    What the fuck is this? These fucks have been Horde for the longest time and now that Alleria has saved them from madness they hate the Horde? Where's the justification? More proof that the Void Elf lore is pure trash.

"So long as Silvermoon stands with the Horde, there will always be those who mistrust us.
    Is this the line that makes you think Silvermoon, the city, will be lost? I just read that as Silvermoon, the government, like how irl people refer to the leadership of a country by naming it's capital. As in, when the belf leadership is toppled the new leadership will join the alliance.

Not something that will happen, just the ramblings of a void addled mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Deleted
    Hopefully, and once the city is ours, I want to build a statue of dabbing Garithos right in the middle.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I don't.. do you realy?

They love to tease us with this blood elves returning to alliance bit, they did it when Varian scolded Jaina for imprisoning blood elves and "souring talks he had with Lor'themar", but realistically, it won't happen. Especially given how much of a mark Ion is. The Horde isn't going to lose its most played race, making it impossible game-play wise, so it's all just a tease. Closest thing is giving alliance High Elves and they don't even want that, why would they then just give the alliance the entire Blood Elf population? It's a tease.

Regrettably, it will never happen. For two reasons:

A) Blizzard has no intention of touching Silvermoon as it would entail rebuilding it from scratch to allow flying (since Silvermoon is in the Outland map);

B) Even if Blizzard decided to devote so many resources to that, they will never have Blood Elves join the Alliance or the Horde population will die out (no one wants to play ugly races like Orcs and Undead).
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Tldr, you're fooling yourself if you even think there is a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol