Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It was very specifically methods they did not agree about, their shared goal was stop the Legion.

A'dal did not agree with X'era's prophecy nonsense about Illidan, killed him in spite of it (and as far as I'm concerned, was in the right killing him, Illidan was psychotic on Outland).

One of A'dal's Naaru even willingly sacrificed their own life for the good of mortals (M'uru), definitely not something X'era would have done.

They are not all the same, stop generalizing.
    Implying that they weren't doing it to gather their own followers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Implying that they weren't doing it to gather their own followers.
    There is nothing wrong with gathering followers if they aren't forcing people to follow them.

That's the difference. A'dal does not force people to obey him.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I dont know, there were definitely some "positive emotions" sent to my characters brain every time he speaks to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with gathering followers if they aren't forcing people to follow them.

No, the difference is that we haven't seen him force people. Yet. As it is, it took Xe'ra letting her guard down for gig to be up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I dont know, there were definitely some "positive emotions" sent to my characters brain every time he speaks to me.
    And that as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    "Positive emotions" come from simple contact with the Light, whether it's from a Naaru or simply by channeling the Light independantly as a Priest or Paladin, this is well known... It's not manipulation, it's just how the light works.

No, the difference is that we haven't seen him force people. Yet. As it is, it took Xe'ra letting her guard down for gig to be up.
    X'era forced people long before the encounter with Illidan, read the story with Turalyon and Alleria, it's painfully obvious that she runs a "my way or you die" army, A'dal never did that.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    X'era forced people long before the encounter with Illidan, read the story with Turalyon and Alleria, it's painfully obvious that she runs a "my way or you die" army, A'dal never did that.
    And the last time we saw A'dal the idea of light and naaru being anything but pure good haven't existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the last time we saw A'dal the idea of light and naaru being anything but pure good haven't existed.
    Which only means we hadn't come into contact with any bad Naaru yet... You're suggesting they should retcon A'dal's personality and behavior just so you can label them all as evil, despite A'dal never committing any evil acts or exibiting evil personalty traits... That is absurd. Just because they are all the same species doesn't mean they are all aligned with each other.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-05-18 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which only means we hadn't come into contact with any bad Naaru yet... You're suggesting they should retcon A'dal's personality and behavior just so you can label them all as evil, despite A'dal never committing any evil acts or exibiting evil personalty traits... That is absurd.
    And who says anything about retcons ? Naaru straight up proved to be all about sweet words and promises. And A'dal did just that.

Also, all naaru never commited any evil acts. Until they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    And who says anything about retcons ? Naaru straight up proved to be all about sweet words and promises. And A'dal did just that.
    No, A'dal acted. Didn't promise and give sweet words, actually back it up with actions.

Also, all naaru never commited any evil acts. Until they did.
    Not really... All the bad Naaru we've come into contact with (which so far is only actually X'era who has done evil things) started out being bad. X'era was bad long before we met her, long before we met A'dal even.

You ever wonder why there was only ONE Naaru in the Army of the Light? They are waging a massive war against the Legion and only one Naaru is there? The only way that makes any sense is if the other Naaru didn't agree with her methods.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, A'dal acted. Didn't promise and give sweet words, actually back it up with actions.

Not really... All the bad Naaru we've come into contact with (which so far is only actually X'era who has done evil things) started out being bad. X'era was bad long before we met her, long before we met A'dal even.
    You ever wonder why there was only ONE Naaru in the Army of the Light? They are waging a massive war against the Legion and only one Naaru is there? The only way that makes any sense is if the other Naaru didn't agree with her methods.
    Oh and so did Xe'ra. In the end she did gather army of light somehow.

Also your argument is pretty weak because they were waging massive war against legion..with one ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    she did gather army of light somehow.
    By force, not somehow, by force.

Also your argument is pretty weak because they were waging massive war against legion..with one ship.
    No, that just further proves my point... The "Prime Naaru" is waging war against the Legion, and not a single other Naaru with a single other ship comes to her aid.

10+ Year Old Account
    By force, not somehow, by force.
    Implying that she used force and not talked them into following like all other naaru did.

No, that just further proves my point... The "Prime Naaru" is waging war against the Legion, and not a single other Naaru with a single other ship comes to her aid.
    Given that we never seen more than 3 naaru in one place that doesn't mean anything. Also all other ships were, you know, ded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying that she used force and not talked them into following like all other naaru did.
    Read the story, I just fucking told you to read the story.

Given that we never seen more than 3 naaru in one place that doesn't mean anything.
    Yes, and we saw those three in one place for something a whole hell of a lot less important than war with the Legion. There's a reason for that, and the only one that makes any sense is the rest of them considered X'era to be a nut.

Also all other ships were, you know, ded.

Yes because they only have those couple of ships, and there's definitely not any other Naaru out there we haven't met yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the story, I just fucking told you to read the story.
    Yes, and we saw those three in one place for something a whole hell of a lot less important than war with the Legion. There's a reason for that, and the only one that makes any sense is the rest of them considered X'era to be a nut.
    Yes because they only have those couple of ships, and there's definitely not any other Naaru out there we haven't met yet.
    I think you missing one thing. The lore evolves. And recent development are what we are talking about now. Some character doing something in TBC doesn't mean anything.
    Unless you gonna get clarification from blizzard "some naaru are totally good" isn't the fact. Also you are descenting more and more into realm of fanfiction and speculation with every post.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She didn't finish the job though, she should have taken the corpse just to be sure, but she has a habit of not seeing things properly through after all.
    Well, not like anyone could have predicted the asspull of Lightforged undead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, not like anyone could have predicted the asspull of Lightforged undead.
    And at this point i think they should.

Not that i predicted it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Does that sound like a worthy cause for the Horde? Are you happy to be fighting for Sylvanas' interests rather than your own? Lots of players aren't.
    What? Blizz story is a theme park ride were the player has no action in the story what so ever. We are all watching what is presented to us. I don't care what interests I fight for as long as there is content to play. This is not some RPG where you can decide to join forces with Sargeras and wipe out all life in the Universe. There is no choice, there is no different story arc behind some players decision. There are no decisions. We always "fight" for some others people interests and never for our own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you missing one thing. The lore evolves. And recent development are what we are talking about now. Some character doing something in TBC doesn't mean anything.
    A'dal's killing of Illidan in TBC is still canon... You don;t get to decide it isn't, especially since it was reaffirmed DURING LEGION through flashbacks, that's as far from "evolving" lore as you can get, it's been recently confirmed in game to still be canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    A'dal's killing of Illidan in TBC is still canon... You don;t get to decide it isn't, especially since it was reaffirmed DURING LEGION through flashbacks.
    And how is that making him a good guy ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also you are descenting more and more into realm of fanfiction and speculation with every post.

Hilarious coming from you, who thinks that it's fine to label every naaru as evil even though we've only really had contact with ONE evil Naaru. Talk about fucking fan fic.