Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The consequences are catastrophic though.
    Blizzard made old content "relevant" but in the process it created a World of Apathy.

-No one ever feels "ugly" in this game.
    -Looking ugly is the main incentive to want to look good.
    -Everyone feels acomplished
    -No one has interest in looking at other people, all you can see is a transmog of low level gear or old content.

Total apathy man...

There is zero interest in the visual representation of the people around you.
    You've been proven wrong time and time again on these bullshit, insipid points of yours. You burping them over and over doesn't change the fact that just a few hours ago, I was whispered by 2 people in a short period of time wanting to know where the bow I was transmogged into comes from. People care MORE about appearance and sets, especially the most prestigeous ones, these days because they become permanent fixtures of your account once you collect them, and you never vendor the appearance never to equip it again once the content is outdated. FACT!

Give it a rest already, Transmogging is not going anywhere. If it did, it'd kill a huge chunk of the game for real. There's been more group activity than ever before thanks to mogging and players going to previous tiers not for power, but for appearances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Blizzard is putting so much effort into the new weapon and armor models for Uldir (along with much of the past content that has came out). All this effort and time is being put into something that majority of players will simple transmog into something else. This kills the dignity and value that was associated behind having a complete set.

Back in classic/BC/wrath/early cata, raiding came with many rewards and one of the more essential aspects to this reward was wearing a full matching set of gear from the latest raid tier. Raids offered not only a character stat reward but also a universal cosmetic reward too. By adding transmog into the game during cata, you're essentially killing motivation for players to pursue any higher level content as someone with all greens could have any appearance he pleases. This is essentially why mythic(old heroic) participation has declined drastically.

Now transmog shouldn't be removed per say, it should simply have a variety of restrictions to it. Something like you need a piece of gear from the current raid in order to transmog that piece into a piece of gear from a previous raid as it doesn't make sense for a player who doesn't raid to have transmogged gear from a raid. There is simply no rational logic in that.
    ok legit question

how does one obtain a gear from raid to transmog without having to raid.

you can fuck right the hell off.

i can't even bring myself to fuck with the beta right now due to the lack of mogs. i'd straight up quit if they ever removed transmog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    You've been proven wrong time and time again on these bullshit, insipid points of yours. You burping them over and over doesn't change the fact that just a few hours ago, I was whispered by 2 people in a short period of time wanting to know where the bow I was transmogged into comes from. People care MORE about appearance and sets, especially the most prestigeous ones, these days because they become permanent fixtures of your account once you collect them, and you never vendor the appearance never to equip it again once the content is outdated. FACT!

Give it a rest already, Transmogging is not going anywhere. If it did, it'd kill a huge chunk of the game for real. There's been more group activity than ever before thanks to mogging and players going to previous tiers not for power, but for appearances.
    ahahah, dont make me laugh.

"People care MORE about appearance and sets nowadays?"

Roflmao

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    I tend to agree with the OP to a certain extent. Before transmog having a full set of current tier gear had a certain badass feel about it and it inspired newer or less experienced players to strive for that. With transmog, the mass of titles, the mass of mounts, and other things of the like this goes away. Everything is just white noise now.

Now the most noticeable thing in the world is how slutty can you make a transmog look.
    I really do think people greatly overestimate the effect seeing geared out people had on newer players in the early days of WoW. I'm willing to bet that only a small minority of the player base was "inspired" by seeing geared players sitting around AFK. Especially since in the early days, your options of end-game gear was pretty limited so a lot of people went after that gear simply because it was the only thing they could progress towards.

Deleted
    Yeah but this is why they made Mythic tier sets look ridiculously cool while the LFR tier sets usually got saddled with the most garish color combination.

I do envy these cool Mythic sets.

This still isn't making me play anything above LFR level though. Especially now that I can finally farm some of these glorious non-LFR WoD models...

The consequences are catastrophic though.
    Blizzard made old content "relevant" but in the process it created a World of Apathy.

-No one ever feels "ugly" in this game.
    -Looking ugly is the main incentive to want to look good.
    -Everyone feels acomplished
    -No one has interest in looking at other people, all you can see is a transmog of low level gear or old content.

Total apathy man...

There is zero interest in the visual representation of the people around you.
    I see where you're coming from, but the developers point of view is likely that devaluation is the lesser of 2 evils in this case. If I were king for a day or 3 at Blizzard, old content would have altered max level loot tables to drop valuable mats for all sorts of professions (or, have end game recipes require specific things from old content). Scale all that old content up, or players down, and you get more feasible content + old armor and mounts now retaining their 'status'.

I'd say that the various tools out there that are used to assess player skill serve far more effectively in creating a sense of apathy.

Roflmao
    They do.

It's a fucking fact, you're just too damned delusional to see it. Just look at how every Class forum has a stickied transmog thread. The game didn't have players visiting old content for cool gear appearances before transmog became a thing, other than a select few doing RP. Not even raiding at a high level would ensure that you'd be looking good in a matching set, since off-pieces could be better. With Transmog, Mythic raiders will always have the most prestigious appearances long before anyone else.

More people do raids before they become 100% outdated now than ever before, thanks to appearance collection. Case in point: All those groups made by non-raiders to previous tiers all through Legion for transmog alone. Or to do questlines to get certain Artifact appearances.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-05-17 at 04:51 PM.

Deleted
    @SensationalBanana

No one is "ugly" at any point in time in WoW.
    Do you understand the consequences of this?

There is no "progression" in character "looks". And is all "subjective" now.

How can a world where is all "subjective" and literally everyone is beautiful and acomplished and there is no progression can be more interested in "looks" than back then?

10+ Year Old Account

Roflmao
    I mean, it's pretty obvious logic. We have the transmog system, hence people care more about various appearances and such because they contribute to the number of options they have. No one cared about what some blue piece of dungeon gear at level 37 looked like, now they do.

@SensationalBanana

How can a world where is all "subjective" and literally everyone is beautiful and acomplished and there is no progression can be more interested in "looks" than back then?
    Because.They.Fucking.ARE. You're literally speaking against the facts of the current game with players caring about, collecting and loving appearances on a whole new level compared to back when the appearance of a piece of gear didn't matter fuck all beyond the stats.

Remember how players used to hate having a good looking item, only to be forced to remove said item with a better stat one? This made players feel BAD about appearances. These days if you get an item you love the look of, it's yours. Hence, players care more and PURSUE appearances for their looks alone, stats be damned.

The "progression in character looks" is a mindfart of your brain, the consequences are insignificant and the boons of transmogging being implemented FAR outnumber any BS you spew. Being ugly didn't stop raiding from still only attracting a fraction of players. Being a raider didn't guarantee that you looked good.

Now, it does. Literally because you can TRANSMOG into looking badass regardless of if you're equipping a bunch of off-pieces, or a full tier set. We have players adorning appearances from 5+ expansions ago BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE APPEARANCE MORE. Most guilds probably have a "transmog spec" option for items whereas before mogging, items could look as awesome as they wanted but still be vendored if nobody wanted them for the stats.

Looking good matters more and spurrs more players to do content than EVER before. That is a fact that you're trying to argue against with your dumb, delusional crap.

I suddenly remembered why I had you on ignore before, so fuck right off back to that list. I simply cannot abide by this blatant sort of ignorance which goes against the facts of the game.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-05-17 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @SensationalBanana

Except that there clearly is, considering

A: The majority of people don't have all the transmog looks and options they want and
    B: They add new visuals and armor with expansions and patches giving even more "progression"

You're confusing the concept of "you don't have to look like a clown until you have 6 pieces of gear out of the exact same raid/dungeon" with "prestige", or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't play anymore if it wasn't for logging on and doing old and new raids for transmog. Still trying to get the white monk set from Nighthold Normal, still doing Tomb for the purple paladin set, still doing Throne of Thunder for the weapoons and tier sets.
    Transmog is one of my few joys left in this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Except that there clearly is, considering

A: The majority of people don't have all the transmog looks and options they want and
    B: They add new visuals and armor with expansions and patches giving even more "progression"

You're confusing the concept of "you don't have to look like a clown until you have 6 pieces of gear out of the exact same raid/dungeon" with "prestige", or something.
    Then im supposed to want to farm ALL transmogs in the game?
    Aka Asmongold style?

Thats crazy imo.

Why would i want to do that in a world of apathy towards the people around you?

You are telling me that when you "log in" in WoW nowadays you look at other people, interested on how they look?
    I dont...anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tell me, how can someone want current raid tier sets, if they already feel acomplished in looks?
    Because you don't have them? Do you think that people stop caring about mounts as soon as they get one cool one? When transmog came out I actually saw players having more interest in raiding, both current and old content because gear had some permencance and we could stop looking like clowns in order to maximize power. Hell there are two reasons why I was able to put up with Dragon Soul for more than a couple weeks, the fact I was the one that was progressing towards Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest and the fact that the look of the raid tier could actually be kept.

If anything I would argue that people are actually more inclined to do current raids for transmog than before it's inclusion because fact is a full tier look was rarely the right choice, so raiders rarely looked better than not raiders (especially if you get a dud tier set).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    If anything I would argue that people are actually more inclined to do current raids for transmog than before it's inclusion because fact is a full tier look was rarely the right choice, so raiders rarely looked better than not raiders (especially if you get a dud tier set).
    There is no "inclusion" because everyone is rocking low level gear tmog and eveyone already feels "included".
    "Included" nowadays means "looking good". And is all "subjective" now.

While back then, im going to say Wrath of the Lich King, tier sets were always the right choice.
    Everyone wanted the raid tier set in WotlK. (this was not the case in classic and burning crusade)

WotlK is the perfect example of the system i remember fondly.
    You raided > You had an entire raid set > you felt acomplished because u no longer looked like a clown > New raid tier > Reset and start over again

It was like a seasonal fahsion show back then and there was "progression" in character looks.

And it wasnt "subjective" like nowadays.
    Because a raid tier set was ALWAYS cooler than looking like a clown.

There is no "inclusion" because everyone is rocking low level gear tmog and eveyone already feels "included".
    "Included" nowadays means "looking good". And is all "subjective" now.

While back then, im going to say Wrath of the Lich King, tier sets were always the right choice.
    Everyone wanted the raid tier set in WotlK. (this was not the case in classic and burning crusade)

WotlK is the perfect example of the system i remember fondly.
    You raided > You had an entire raid set > you felt acomplished because u no longer looked like a clown > New raid tier > Reset and start over again

It was like a seasonal fahsion show back then and there was "progression" in character looks.

And it wasnt "subjective" like nowadays.
    Because a raid tier set was ALWAYS cooler than looking like a clown.
    Except that did not work like that at all. You used the stuff with the best stats for your build. And it would be a mix of set, hors set, prior raid, a weapon nothing like the rest and you would still look disgusting.

You want that shoulder for looking good in Dalaran? Wait until the rng drop and nobody actually needs it to improve his performance before being able to rand against other people who also want it for transmog. So you looked like a clown for the whole raid, and after countless runs just for transmo stuff, you can finally look descent, but hey, the new raid is out bozzo!

It's so aweome it sounds completely retarded.

Or, you can find a nice transmo, maybe a mixe of different sources and you don't look like a clown when you play. And it's more RP. Stats on stuff is simple gameplay.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2018-05-17 at 05:50 PM.

Then im supposed to want to farm ALL transmogs in the game?
    Aka Asmongold style?

Thats crazy imo.

Why would i want to do that in a world of apathy towards the people around you?

You are telling me that when you "log in" in WoW nowadays you look at other people, interested on how they look?
    I dont...anymore.
    This feels like a you problem. I think you're the one suffering apathy under transmog. If that's how you feel it's ok. Just know that most of us don't feel that way.

I am constantly looking at other people's mogs and trying to get ideas. I have a folder on my computer that is specifically for screenshots of cool mogs I've seen in game. I have both sent and received compliments on a transmog multiple times. To me transmog is an amazing subgame I can play during my wow time. One look around the forums here or on B.net should show that people love this system. Not to mention the reddit/discord/etc... transmog communities.

What? The uldir stuff is so butt ugly, transmog is the only way to get away from the low effort crap.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone wanted the raid tier set in WotlK. (this was not the case in classic and burning crusade).
    The 4 pc was pretty much always the right choice, yes, but the remaining BiS pieces of gear were virtually never the same set as the 4pc. You either had gear that was entirely a different model (TBC-Naxx), a different color (Ulduar-ToC) or even an entirely different armor type (vanilla-ICC). For the plate classes in ICC only the tanks had purely plate BiS, with the rest regularly shifting down to leather or mail to pick up better stated gear. This had became a big issue which is why Cataclysm added the new armor specialization abilities to every class in the game.

The fully tier set geared raider in combat was really only made reality with the introduction of transmog.