Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You "got me" i farmed 10 transmogs so far.
    Did i enjoyed it as much as when i got a full raid tier set for the first time? Not even close.

Thats my way of asking for attention to know if my mog is cool or not.
    And since i have no friggin idea if i am "doing it right" because is all friggin subjective, i need to ask for an opinion.

While pre transmog i didnt need to ask for an opinion. I KNEW i was awesome if i had a full raid tier set.
    Of course you aren't going to enjoy it as much as when you got your first raid tier set, you likely didn't enjoy the rest of them as much either. That's an unrealistic expectation to hold transmog gear to, as by it's very nature it's all about the look as opposed to the stats and status.

New gear, especially mythic raid gear, still has the status, stats and unique looks that it has always had and it still loses it's power like it always had. Even in pre-transmog times there were raid sets that were jokes, as you said early you were a wrath raider and a rogue so you probably heard the jokes about the rogue Ulduar set.

If your class got a cool tier set you got to look cool for a raid tier, but if you got a bad one you looked like a joke for 6 months. For example I played a priest in Cataclysm so my tier set was the Mercurial Regalia, which had obnoxious shoulder effects on giants shoulders that made me look like a walking fountain and Regalia of the Cleansing Flame which was called a toilet regularly. I personally liked the latter, but the point still stands despite walking around in tier gear rarely was the impression that I looked cool, instead the impression was that I looked silly.

Ironically I took to changing out of tier gear to look cool via proto transmog runs, something that was made much simpler once the system was implemented.
    Last edited by Notshauna; 2018-05-21 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Improved readability

Its no longer subjective when there are only 2 options ingame

A) look like a clown
    B)Having an entire raid tier set and look cool
    Or

A) Look like a clown
    B) Look like an elite clown

If you don't like the gear.

So yes, it's still subjective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Or

A) Look like a clown
    B) Look like an elite clown

If you don't like the gear.

So yes, it's still subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    Of course you aren't going to enjoy it as much as when you got your first raid tier set, you likely didn't enjoy the rest of them as much either. That's an unrealistic expectation to hold transmog gear to, as by it's very nature it's all about the look as opposed to the stats and status.

New gear, especially mythic raid gear, still has the status, stats and unique looks that it has always had and it still loses it's power like it always had. Even in pre-transmog times there were raid sets that were jokes, as you said early you were a wrath raider and a rogue so you probably heard the jokes about the rogue Ulduar set.

If your class got a cool tier set you got to look cool for a raid tier, but if you got a bad one you looked like a joke for 6 months. For example I played a priest in Cataclysm so my tier set was the Mercurial Regalia, which had obnoxious shoulder effects on giants shoulders that made me look like a walking fountain and Regalia of the Cleansing Flame which was called a toilet regularly. I personally liked the latter, but the point still stands despite walking around in tier gear rarely was the impression that I looked cool, instead the impression was that I looked silly.

Ironically I took to changing out of tier gear to look cool via proto transmog runs, something that was made much simpler once the system was implemented.
    You guys have little faith on the art department.
    Sure, sometimes they mess up, like in the "toilet shoulders" situation

But in the land of the poor, where everyone is ugly, the person with matching gear is king....always...even with "toilet shoulders"
    Is it still "subjective"?
    You could say that...but in the land of poor...i think it ceases to be subjective.

At least this way the actual recent raid tier sets see use by everyone on the server.

Deleted
    As I say to all the people who have problems with flying mounts, portals, transmog, LFR, etc.

Just. Don't. Fucking. Use. It!

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    you're essentially killing motivation for players to pursue any higher level content as someone with all greens could have any appearance he pleases. This is essentially why mythic(old heroic) participation has declined drastically.
    No? The person requires to have unlocked the item to use the appearance its not that they've magically hit 120 and all of a sudden they have these appearances unlocked for them, They still need to obtain it on atleast 1 character.

This is also like saying, Mythic raiders don't do LFR because they have no reason to because they have the mythic variant of it. I did LFR ToS for paladin because i preferred that purple set over my mythic version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    As I say to all the people who have problems with flying mounts, portals, transmog, LFR, etc.

Just. Don't. Fucking. Use. It!
    /facepalm

Lets all become martyrs, good idea. Fighting the good fight. Oh yeah.

What we miss is the entire environment of it. We win nothing but not using Tmog in a world where everyone uses Tmog.

You guys have little faith on the art department.
    Sure, sometimes they mess up, like in the "toilet shoulders" situation

But in the land of the poor, where everyone is ugly, the person with matching gear is king....always...even with "toilet shoulders"
    Is it still "subjective"?
    You could say that...but in the land of poor...i think it ceases to be subjective.

At least this way the actual recent raid tier sets see use by everyone on the server.
    Would you force someone to starve just so that they would enjoy a shitty meal?

I get that it works in the right environment (Dark Souls), but it's a niche anti-consumer concept that wouldn't work for an MMO.

/facepalm

Lets all become martyrs, good idea. Fighting the good fight. Oh yeah.

What we miss is the entire environment of it. We win nothing but not using Tmog in a world where everyone uses Tmog.
    You're right, you shouldn't suffer for us, we should all suffer for you! In the end we'll thank you for your vision and wonder how we were so blind.

Probably not.

Deleted
    Would you force someone to starve just so that they would enjoy a shitty meal?

I get that it works in the right environment (Dark Souls), but it's a niche anti-consumer concept that wouldn't work for an MMO.
    It worked for 7 years.
    We even had more subscribers back then. Funny how subscriptions decreased with the introduction of Tmog.

Not saying this 2 thing are connected. Ofcourse Tmog was not the culprit for sub losses. I know that.

Are you saying that "what worked wonders back then wouldnt work now"? Because its a different era? Different gamers?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-05-21 at 11:17 AM.

I recently dusted off a few toons that I barely touched since Tomb was released. My demon hunter, for example, has a mix of Nighthold, Tomb, mythic+, unsullied and Antorus gear. He'd look like a clown with the mishmash of gear. People like to project a look for their character. Every major MMO has a version of transmog for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave my transmog alone!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I'm waiting for the day when Vanilla is released, so all these hardcore wannabes get locked up in their Classic subforum.

Like shadowpunks is actually casual af in the game, yet he presents himself as some hardcore and/or elite raider/pvper/whatever. The last time I saw him posting in pvp subforum regarding how godlike was his DH and how awesome his skills were he's laughed at. Dude talks about full matching sets = best gear, whereas for many classes BiS or close to BiS gear is a mishmash of various non-matching items even nowadays.

What a clown.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-05-21 at 11:05 AM. Reason: DH, not DK >_>

making light of Challenge Mode Gold....what has this community come to

that was not easy, but it was fun and I earned the right to use that set and no one else in the future can trivialize it, just like having the Mage Tower challenge appearance and the Breaker of the Black Harvest feat of strength, they mean something, that you actually have some "skills" and your rewards are visual instead of a power gain that is ephemeral
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I'm waiting for the day when Vanilla is released, so all these hardcore wannabes get locked up in their Classic subforum.

Like shadowpunks is actually casual af in the game, yet he presents himself as some hardcore and/or elite raider/pvper/whatever. The last time I saw him posting in pvp subforum regarding how godlike was his DH and how awesome his skills were he's laughed at. Dude talks about full matching sets = best gear, whereas for many classes BiS or close to BiS gear is a mishmash of various non-matching items even nowadays.

What a clown.
    LoL i am mega casual now, meaning i would most probably be "left out" on the looking cool department.
    But i dont care.
    I like harsh environments that make me feel ugly and unaccomplished at start.

And if by any chance i decide to invest time in the game, my achievements will feel more meaningful in the end.

Why do you pretend to not understand my point of view? Is this topic this much taboo?
    Transmog must be loved by everyone?

You understand pefectly why i feel like this. Why is it "wrong"?

7+ Year Old Account
    LUL Nice post! Hope you had your fill of people telling you how stupid your post was!

It worked for 7 years.
    We even had more subscribers back then. Funny how subscriptions decreased with the introduction of Tmog.

Not saying this 2 thing are connected. Ofcourse Tmog was not the culprit for sub losses. I know that.

Are you saying that "what worked wonders back then wouldnt work now"? Because its a different era? Different gamers?
    That's like saying Mario didn't need anything beyond 8-bit graphics because the first game was succesful. It's not that it "worked wonders", it's that there wasn't a better alternative. People did ask for a way to save their appearance independently from their gear, but since it didn't exist, it wasn't a big deal. Removing it now, on the other hand, would be as damaging as removing the achievement system.

And either you are connecting sub loses to the introduction of transmog or you aren't saying anything at all. We both know it's the former, we both know you have no real data to show that correlation, and I'm pretty sure we both know how unlikely that correlation is in the first place. So let's not drive the conversation there.

Deleted
    That's like saying Mario didn't need anything beyond 8-bit graphics because the first game was succesful. It's not that it "worked wonders", it's that there wasn't a better alternative. People did ask for a way to save their appearance independently from their gear, but since it didn't exist, it wasn't a big deal. Removing it now, on the other hand, would be as damaging as removing the achievement system.

And either you are connecting sub loses to the introduction of transmog or you aren't saying anything at all. We both know it's the former, we both know you have no real data to show that correlation, and I'm pretty sure we both know how unlikely that correlation is in the first place. So let's not drive the conversation there.
    True, i know full well removing transmog now would be chaos and a sure way to kill the game.
    Because whats done is done...we cant go back.
    Im not asking to remove transmog like the OP.
    Im just showing you why i love a world without transmog.

All i want is classic server to not have transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    yes yes super damaging like wow is dead because of pathfinder

Maybe game would also be dead if they remove barbershop
    The game lives on people being attached to their characters, their achievements, their collections...

If Blizzard went all Thanos and deleted half of the player characters randomly, people would most likely leave the game instead of starting from scratch.

Similarly, deleting the achievement system or the transmog collection would destroy what people have spent their time for the past ten years. So yes, many wouldn't want to play anymore.

True, i know full well removing transmog now would be chaos and a sure way to kill the game.
    Because whats done is done...we cant go back.
    Im not asking to remove transmog like the OP.
    Im just showing you why i love a world without transmog.

All i want is classic server to not have transmog.
    Well, you're getting it, it seems. So yay.

And yet i remember playing Retribution Paladin during 3.0.1 (Naxx 25). I was full Valorous, but you see, the matching boots that would make the set look complete, were actually Intellect only, so i couldnt use them, so i had to resort to using boots that had the warrior/death knight set appearance. Transmog helps with these problems.
    That little memory aside, i believe transmog is an amazing adition to the game. It adds so much for completionists to do. And the artistic iterations some players come up with are awesome to see. Mix and matching set pieces is so much fun. Or going after the Xavius/Garrosh/Archimonde shoulders and creating transmogs around those pieces. It's almost a game mode in itself.
    Last edited by YorHa-Unit-2B; 2018-05-21 at 11:35 AM.
    For the Glory of Mankind

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes your tier looks godawful. Why would you want to be seen wearing that?

Hello guys! new here