Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Brewmaster
    Healing wouldn't be that hard. The PS4 controller actually has a touchpad that would work easy enough for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not a mystery at all, that's exactly how it works in ffxiv, a game with far more rotational abilities than wow.
    What I mean is how well it would resonate with a playerbase used to a keyboard and a mouse, meaning whether anyone playing it on PC would rather play it on console. Console players that do not have a PC that they play games on are basically the only targeted group; they should naturally not be too motivated when it comes to WoW.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    What I mean is how well it would resonate with a playerbase used to a keyboard and a mouse, meaning whether anyone playing it on PC would rather play it on console. Console players that do not have a PC that they play games on are basically the only targeted group; they should naturally not be too motivated when it comes to WoW.
    You'd be surprised, I honestly haven't played a console game in years, like 8+ and I vastly prefer controller for mmos, I'd love official controller support for wow, won't happen, but I'd love it. And if they could get the full ffxiv cross play treatment they'd definitely get some console interest

Why not work with console makers, and provide a keyboard that can be synced with console? Or include it with the game. A lot of people don't have PC's anymore.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Yes, and BFA got built in voice chat as well. For parties and instances. When you join or create a group a popup in the corner comes up and asks if you want to join party voice chat and when you join an instance a similar popup comes up asking if you want to join instance voice chat.
    Have you tried to use it, how is it? Someone in my guild mentioned BfA has voice and the general consensus was sneer and derision because the last attempt was so abysmally bad. There was literally noone going "yeah let's try it".

People are stupid. I truly ask myself how they see WoWs targeting system, hotkey management and menu systems panning out on consoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassium View Post
    I like General Off-Topic. It's really cool to see people with My Little Pony avatars advocating for genocide.

I don't see why this would be a problem, if I could delete my chat box I would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    People are stupid. I truly ask myself how they see WoWs targeting system, hotkey management and menu systems panning out on consoles.
    You can play with a controller on live and still be terrible, I don't see the issue.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I'm not saying you need them all, but you certainly do need more buttons than the ones controllers provide you with. Controller keybinds could be a thing I guess, but how that would work out is a mystery.
    A controller can actually be more than just its physical buttons, thanks to software. You can make each button have a different function when normally pressed, held down, double pressed, released, or when a different button is held. Also, that trackpad on a ps4 controller could easily make use of radial menus for lots of extra hotkeys. Tap on one side of it and a hotkey Ui could pop-up on screen and you can navigate it to select between a lot of different secondary hotkeys.

Anyone that makes an argument about a lack of buttons must not know about the software available that can push controllers beyond their number of physical buttons in functionality.

Chat is so 2017, voice is the new thing..

I am curious, how would macros and addons work in a console version of WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    eso .
    Went B2P before it even launched on consoles due to the quality of the game since launch. Not because of the systems it was on.

Try again.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am curious, how would macros and addons work in a console version of WoW?
    Addons would probably be built into the game as normal features. Or the game would just generally have better Ui controls than PC. And I'm sure they could add some sort of menu to build macros. But then again that'd be effort on Blizzard's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post

You can play with a controller on live and still be terrible, I don't see the issue.
    And you can play CoD on a console with a guitar hero controller; doesn't mean it's what the game was designed for.

I seriously doubt that WoW would ever go to consoles. The team likely has far better uses for their time.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Con....trol....ler? O.0
    Mous.....e and....key....board......
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doNt kNoW wHat PlAyeRs wAnT FoR CHarACteR CrEaTioN MOdelS

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And you can play CoD on a console with a guitar hero controller; doesn't mean it's what the game was designed for.

I seriously doubt that WoW would ever go to consoles. The team likely has far better uses for their time.
    Can't use a mouse and keyboard on a console?

Wait... You can..

Tapping the console market of game sales and MAU's sounds like an excellent use of time.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    easy with the edges buddy. try to understand that some people mean to say one thing, but something completely different comes out. clearly they meant to say, "text-to-speech improves" in fact English may not have even been their native language, and this is the closest facsimile they could assert into the forum.
    Except that's clearly not what he's trying to get across. This is a troll thread - nothing more. Nothing less.

I feel like this isn't the right place to have this discussion, there's too much bias here to really have any meaningful talks here about this subject.
    Last edited by Malix Farwin; Yesterday at 12:17 AM.