Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjaz View Post
    You're funny, vanilla won't fail. The community is huge. All the casual retail players will leave early and that'll seperate the boys from the men.
    Separate the boys from the men you say. Well. Real men are not afraid of changes and adapting to changes. You know who are afraid of changes and trying new things ? Little boys. The boys will stay with vanilla cause adapting to the real world is too difficult for them.

And no, the community aint huge. Private server/piracy community, perhaps. When you get a vanilla like experience. Not vanilla as you think it will be, and ontop of that, you have to pay for it. Most likely with having a regular wow sub. It will boot faster than you think and hope.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Well it might. Most private servers start dying somewhere after ZG and players just start over on a new fresh server. Blizzard probably won't release fresh servers and after a while the population will die off. I get the feeling that Blizzard just want to slap together one singular version that is representative of vanilla, spin up a few servers and never touch the damn thing ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Separate the boys from the men you say. Well. Real men are not afraid of changes and adapting to changes. You know who are afraid of changes and trying new things ? Little boys. The boys will stay with vanilla cause adapting to the real world is too difficult for them.

And no, the community aint huge. Private server/piracy community, perhaps. When you get a vanilla like experience. Not vanilla as you think it will be, and ontop of that, you have to pay for it. Most likely with having a regular wow sub. It will boot faster than you think and hope.
    Leave vanilla alone!!!!!!! Leave it alone!!!
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Leave vanilla alone!!!!!!! Leave it alone!!!
    Ok. i'll do it for you

I cant call them changes anymore. Its an entire new game. So your rant about lil boys is just bs.

The 1.12.1 Vanilla client supports 1920x1080 (16:9) by default mate. No problems what so ever.

EDIT: Clarified text.
    u prolly didnt understand what i mean...

Those wanting 100% pure Vanilla are deluded.

They think they know what they want, but they don't actually want what they think.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StraiyEU View Post
    u prolly didnt understand what i mean...
    Then enlighten us. What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive View Post
    Those wanting 100% pure Vanilla are deluded.

They think they know what they want, but they don't actually want what they think.
    I played in first closed beta in 2004.
    I played in vanilla.
    I've continusly been playing on vanilla private servers since 2012.

I know exactly what I want.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Deleted
    Don't forget that a large part of the WoW community has certain.. issues.. that makes them hate change.

They'll love playing the same content forever.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Don't forget that a large part of the WoW community has certain.. issues.. that makes them hate change.

They'll love playing the same content forever.
    YES! And that is indeed the whole point!

To attract the long-gone crowd that simply arent impressed with the casual-pleb-fest that current retail is.

Deleted
    YES! And that is indeed the whole point!

To attract the long-gone crowd that simply arent impressed with the casual-pleb-fest that current retail is.
    And that's perfectly fine imo.

I have no doubt the classic server(s?) will have a steady player number.

5+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla will fail horribly because everyone thinks its something completly different than what it actually is. They think its this golden game they grew up with and gonna relive all their fond memories. newsflash. Nostalgia is a helluva drug. Classic servers will flop so hard that it will be taken down. When people realize the shitshow vanilla actually was. That they memories they had didn't really have that much to do with the game rather than the time they played it.

I started wow on the day it was released in europe. When i sit and think back, real hard, about the good times i had. All of them was shared with other people. People that i will never play with again in classic. Not one of my good memories from vanilla or tbc was from the game being great. Its all about the people and the time period i played in.

And a lot of people will realize the exact same thing when classic is out and stop playing shortly. If its even coming out that is. Might not even happen
    Lol so salty. You must have been, perhaps, one of "those people" who copypasted the Wall of No'es every time that someone attempted to discuss official Vanilla servers. Gotta love those tears

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Lol so salty. You must have been, perhaps, one of "those people" who copypasted the Wall of No'es every time that someone attempted to discuss official Vanilla servers. Gotta love those tears
    Well. you are wrong and there are no tears here. Look elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Hansol333 View Post
    ---
    Did you really have to create a new account for this?

How is it still surprising that people actually want an unchanged vanilla? Why is it so interesting that random people keep making shit threads about how silly or absurd it is?

Give people the option to be lazy, and they will be lazy even if it is to the detriment of their own game experience. That sums up why LFD, LFR, Flying mounts and all other so called "quality-of-life" improvements has made the world of warcraft to feel smaller, less alive and quite frankly boring.

Traveling was part of the adventure. Adversity breeds character. Quality-of-life changes makes the player a greedy, lazy city-camping-portal-hopping robot.
    That isn't even close to an answer to my question. For the THIRD time now, i will ask the exact same, very simple question: why do the reasons to be out in the world need to be negative? Why can the motivation not be a positive thing?

Its just so damn simple, and yet no one has been able to answer the question. Why? Because it goes against what you are trying to say. My argument remains the same - i love having an active, vibrant world, with heaps of players running around going about their business. But something that is very unhealthy for a game is having all those people doing things they dont enjoy - Believe it or not, the majority of gamers play games for entertainment and enjoyment, not to be bored and frustrated.

I do believe there needs to be a balance - there needs to be some effort for something to feel rewarding. I have never understood why people use cheat codes to unlock everything right from the start - sure, you now have unlocked the ultimate car/fighter/gear, but it becomes stale and boring VERY quickly for me.
    But i also dont enjoy looking at a particular car, and realizing the only way to unlock it is to do three thousand drag races in a row without a competitor, just driving down the drag strip, in 1st gear, in a honda civic with 60hp. That to me is not enjoyable, its a chore and its pointless busy work, which is what you are talking about - adding mindless timesinks back into the game that add no gameplay value at all.

So again, read the question, and have your best go at answering it. Ill cut n paste it here again for you: Why do the reasons to be out in the world need to be negative? Why can the motivation not be a positive thing?

Thats all im asking for, is an answer to THAT question. Not a sidestep, not asnwering some question no one asked, not doubling down and restating YOUR arguement - no, just have a crack at answering that question as best you can.

- - - Updated - - -

Then enlighten us. What do you mean?

I played in first closed beta in 2004.
    I played in vanilla.
    I've continusly been playing on vanilla private servers since 2012.

I know exactly what I want.
    And im confident that you really, really do want that. But its not about what YOU want. Its about what Blizzard want to create, and they want to create something that will bring them a solid income stream. You are not entitled to get a game released that matches what YOU want specifically. Nothing entitles you to that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And im confident that you really, really do want that. But its not about what YOU want. Its about what Blizzard want to create, and they want to create something that will bring them a solid income stream. You are not entitled to get a game released that matches what YOU want specifically. Nothing entitles you to that.
    It's not about what you want either.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    First: it will NOT be 100% vanilla. For example: accessability-features as colorblind-mode will probably be included, as will be the battle.net-client. The User Interface will also be up to date with the actual client; because blizzard will not include the API of vanilla, where it was possible to bot with the ingame-API. And really: nobody liked the Raid Interface pre cata. NOBODY used it, even if some trolls here might say something else: 99,99% of players used a different raid interface like CT-Raid-addons.

Beside of this, blizzard will probably keep everything as vanilla as possible, except for bugs/exploits; also they will probably include the actual Warsong/Arathi-Battlegrounds. Simply because they will not include the buggy ones where it was possible to exploit it.

What i still hope is that they will bring back the old Alterac-Battleground not only in an classic-client, but also in the retail-version.
    Nobody used it? There were people in high end world first competing raiding guilds using full default UI pre-Cata. This is the problem with people like you or posts like yours, you make some broad assumptions based on your own preferences and opinions and pin them on others, what's worse is that you believe what your'e saying is true, blind to reality.

I'm not even saying Blizz UI was special or good because I agree with your notion from a personal POV, I've used ElvUI for years. The point is you like many others are making blind assumptions on what other people want/do/did that do not fall in line with actual reality, but are instead based on your own experiences. What's more this entire thread first page is full of people pretending like nobody has played Vanilla since 2006 when a fair percentage of players who post in these forums have played on multiple private servers running final patch Vanilla, many of which who are playing right now.

Also, not all changes are equal... Too many people try to make a point where it has to be black or white, Blizzard can add colourblind mode, battlenet integration, multi-thread optimisation, low latency servers, authentication etc etc while still keeping it 100% authentic Vanilla. But a lot of people ridiculously use the argument that if people want 100% vanilla then they should also want high latency, low fps, lag, game breaking bugs etc. If the core game remains untouched and only modern systems optimisation/security is applied then it will give the Vanilla experience, not the 2005 experience... I don't get the 1996 experience when I play Mario 64 either, but I get the Mario 64 experience, in 2018.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It's not about what you want either.
    I never claimed it was about what i wanted? Im not making demands, im not demanding it be 100% pure, or totally changed, or this qol change but not that one. Dont make yourself look like a spaz. Learn to read, and maybe, just maybe, have a crack at the question that was asked multiple times. If you are going to reply, at least take a breath and have a think about it first.

What an absolute idiot.

Deleted
    Dont worry, people will flee from Vanilla servers when they realize they forgot a huge terror

Hunters will roll for every single item you want

Deleted
    "I don't like vanilla! I don't want vanilla! So lets just change vanilla to suit me, okay? -Hansol333"

The reason these servers are happening is because a large number of people want vanilla servers, were asking for them for years and eventually playing on them when they evolved in to such a stable, readily accessible state, that Blizzard realized a large amount of people were interested. Hence y'know, Blizzard finally giving in an adding vanilla servers. Some of these posts go beyond ironic shitposting and venture in to the realm of the bizarre malice. Years ago people would screech when ever anyone mentioned classic servers and readily parroted the dull old line of "they'll never happen and we don't want them!". Now you're all trying to sabotage it.

It smacks of a spoilt, selfish, child throwing a tantrum.

Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2018-05-24 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansol333 View Post
    So do you really thing that a 100% Vanilla server will give you the server you demand so much`?
    Yes. Do you expect anyone to answer No?