Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    One thing is for sure, soulfire will not be useful in arenas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Or heck, Dimensional Rift there at that spot (or instead of Soul Fire) with a bit less CD, like 30 second CD and 3 stacks, would be good.
    Yes please. Easily one of the best things added to destructions toolkit. I hate to be the "give me a talent that removes my specs weakness" guy, but rifts helped you at least have SOMETHING to press while moving and with how hard they hit / slow the recharge was, you usually had to think about if it was worth venting one or if you wanted it for a burst / proc window.

That said, I'd also like to have proper Shadowburn back. It shouldn't need to be a crutch that props destruction up - Blizzard should just stop being terrified of letting specs shine in niche scenarios where something plays to their strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    I honestly think they should add Flame Rift (the others rifts are kinda meh), which is awesome both visually and damage wise, as a talent somewhere.
    Love this idea. I was irritated(but not surprised) to learn that mages gained their fire and frost artifact abilities as talents. Warlock rifts were probably the coolest addition to the class in a while, and they're no where to be found now.

I really think when we lost fel-flame that was a huge backstep for the class. Being able to reapply immolate without having to fully cast it was awesome. Without any decent mobility it really makes us a standing turret which is just so far from how other games / classes have implemented casting. I would love to see a return to form of sorts of KJC or having burning rush baselined because not having anything when on the move (sans portals now) is a pain. Conflag will only get you so far.

I may be in the minority here but I LOVED SB sniping. I was overflowing with shards on add fights and frankly I think that's OK. We aren't meant to break the damage meters on every fight but the ones where we could shine man did we shine BRIGHT. Some fights in MoP were just so well tuned for SB that it felt surreal.

One thing that would be nice too would be for us to have an instant cast immolate due to procs somehow. It irritates me (and I get it, but...) how affliction can pop seed of corruption and get aoe dmg + corruption. I know to expect that out of rain of fire is a little silly but it would be nice if they baselined cataclysm to allow for that. Just little QoL things here and there would make dest a lot more synergistic and flow nicely. Having 80% of toolkits that "almost get the job done" is not satisfying at all.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    I really think when we lost fel-flame that was a huge backstep for the class. Being able to reapply immolate without having to fully cast it was awesome. Without any decent mobility it really makes us a standing turret which is just so far from how other games / classes have implemented casting. I would love to see a return to form of sorts of KJC or having burning rush baselined because not having anything when on the move (sans portals now) is a pain. Conflag will only get you so far.

I may be in the minority here but I LOVED SB sniping. I was overflowing with shards on add fights and frankly I think that's OK. We aren't meant to break the damage meters on every fight but the ones where we could shine man did we shine BRIGHT. Some fights in MoP were just so well tuned for SB that it felt surreal.

One thing that would be nice too would be for us to have an instant cast immolate due to procs somehow. It irritates me (and I get it, but...) how affliction can pop seed of corruption and get aoe dmg + corruption. I know to expect that out of rain of fire is a little silly but it would be nice if they baselined cataclysm to allow for that. Just little QoL things here and there would make dest a lot more synergistic and flow nicely. Having 80% of toolkits that "almost get the job done" is not satisfying at all.
    I missed fel flame for a long long time. I think the bigger issue is immolate application and protection as you mentioned. Not sure if you pvp, but at the beginning of Legion we had a talent to make immolate instant cast on targets. It was game changing. It felt natural, and justified too with immolate not having a penalty to enemy healers upon removal. I don't think its completely unreasonable to have instant cast immolate (or castable on the move like scorch is), considering our dot spec is almost entirely instant cast dots. Tune the initial burst damage a bit if necessary, but it would be a tremendous improvement to such a dated spell, especially in a spec where hard casting is dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    I missed fel flame for a long long time. I think the bigger issue is immolate application and protection as you mentioned. Not sure if you pvp, but at the beginning of Legion we had a talent to make immolate instant cast on targets. It was game changing. It felt natural, and justified too with immolate not having a penalty to enemy healers upon removal. I don't think its completely unreasonable to have instant cast immolate (or castable on the move like scorch is), considering our dot spec is almost entirely instant cast dots. Tune the initial burst damage a bit if necessary, but it would be a tremendous improvement to such a dated spell, especially in a spec where hard casting is dominant.
    I do remember that and how fluid it made the spec feel. I honestly feel if they let us use some of the PvP talents in PvE it would added a much needed boon to our toolkit. Some of the PvP talents would see a TON of use in PvE, especially a lot of the QoL things.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    I do remember that and how fluid it made the spec feel. I honestly feel if they let us use some of the PvP talents in PvE it would added a much needed boon to our toolkit. Some of the PvP talents would see a TON of use in PvE, especially a lot of the QoL things.
    Well, it's somewhat like this now on BFA beta. Disregard if you're already aware, but we can use pvp talents in world pve if you flag yourself. Right now I'm running the conflag stun and bane of havoc. BoH makes for some hilariously OP AOE kills. AOE conflags / immolates / mortal coils / chaos bolts, you name it. Pretty fun, but limited to world pve I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    Well, it's somewhat like this now on BFA beta. Disregard if you're already aware, but we can use pvp talents in world pve if you flag yourself. Right now I'm running the conflag stun and bane of havoc. BoH makes for some hilariously OP AOE kills. AOE conflags / immolates / mortal coils / chaos bolts, you name it. Pretty fun, but limited to world pve I'm sure.
    Warmode is just a melee/tank playground. Come release you will get camped by melee, especially rogues, and tank DH/DK.

It's basically a bullshit system that gives tanks and melee extra rewards much more consistently.

I leveled to 120 one lock at alpha and onw on beta. I used primary demo but when they added warmode I switched to destro. SB might not be useful at cap, but at leveling it was fine. It is annoying having to finish up a mob with incinerate or spend a charge of confla. I liked it.

I even used it in dungeons. Havoced SBs generate nice emberbits. Tbh never used soul fire.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

I was thinking about it some just now, and I’d rather they just ditched soulfire all together and replace it with rifts as a talent in tier 1, or move CDF to tier 1 and put rifts where CDF currently is.