Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    A lot of Fortnite's charm is the art style.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, it's pretty much impossible to compete with a free product that already has control of the market, especially because a hardcore alternative already exists in PUBG and CoD is already a casual shooter. They never intended to compete with Fortnite or PUBG in the first place because they'd much rather resell the same game every year like they have for the last ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    CoD has been reaching fatigue for a while and Fortnite is still rather new and relevant today. It'll pull the numbers from its own crowd but I doubt that Fortnite's playerbase would be willing to switch over.
    How can you say it's reaching fatigue when it's among the top selling games every year? You mean you're fatigued with CoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

It would be interesting to see how Call of Duty takes on the Battle Royale Genre, never could get into PUBG or Fortnite but may check this out because it seems faster paced.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can if they keep MP fresh by constantly tweaking it, adding events, skins, etc. Something Activision has never done though...without nickel and diming customers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It can if they keep MP fresh by constantly tweaking it, adding events, skins, etc. Something Activision has never done though...without nickel and diming customers.
    They wont. They will continue the failure they have been becuase they just havnt learned thier leason, we have enough bro gamers and casuals buying this shit each release that they think they are pushing out gold every single time. They constantly react to what ever the hip new thing in gaming is, instead of sticking with what made COD COD back in the day, before they had to latch onto the current fad to try and push copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiry View Post
    Because when I want a shooter I want gritty, realistic violence not a free cartoony game.
    You want to play CoD for gritty, realistic violence?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    And a lot or People Are not playing it spesifically because of that. I think f2p is the big draw
    We humans have to stick together

no, fortnite is f2p and its the new mainstream hype thing even outside of regular gamers, every "fidget spinner, 1000 degree knife, -insert fad here-" youtuber is playing it, and if its a mode in the game which they will resell in a "new" cod game every year for 60 dollars no way people will keep buying it for the BR mode alone unless its insane good

CoD will make its massive sales and rake in plenty of money for ATVI, but it won't have the same playerbase numbers as Fortnite. Being F2P alone is a huge factor, Fortnite is the new LoL.

I'd also like to add, while this new Blackout mode won't overtake current BR games it may be the new popular mode for CoD and I at least give them credit for changing up their formula a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To add to this Fortnite can also be played on your phone and soon your Switch.
    PUBG can also be played on the phone and I joked with a coworker that was playing it saying "It somehow plays better on ur iPhone than on gaming PCs".
    Last edited by kail; 2018-05-19 at 10:27 PM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    To each their own I guess. The Artstyle is the sole reason I won't touch it.
    We humans have to stick together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    I think it could actually go on to be the most lucrative CoD ever and perhaps even make more than Fortnite does now. All the Fortnite haters(which is even more than actual Fortnite players) Will flock to this game.
    #clearlynotbiased

What difference does it make? Fortnite is already stupidly successful, the COD series is stupidly successful, both have and will continue to make more money than any of us will see in our lifetime. What difference does it make which one of them 'wins'?
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-05-20 at 05:03 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.