Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and it didnt - pre destiny gold was below 200k in eu post destiny gold was 250k for long time and in recent months risen to 350k pre cod .
    It rose from 300 to 350k in EU when they introduced bnet balance gifting, no idea why did that one correlate with the spike but it happened much earlier than COD. When they announced COD they jumped from 343k to 401 back to 344 back to 381 again to 344 then 363 and it seems to be evening itself out. The jump from 300 to 350k wasn't sudden, it just creeped up, but faster than usual and didn't drop.

I have seen no indication that Blizzard manipulates token prices one way or the other. Their cost is static in real money, and varies widely both across and within regions in gold. I don't see why they'd particularly care how much gold tokens sell for, as Niwes correctly noted they make real money with every token sold and token sales don't remove gold from the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    most ppl (nearly 80% or more) dont understand that stuff in the slightest. its obvious when reading all that token related threads over the years.

so, the only thing you have to understand, and that is important, is: tokens are solely there for making profit for blizz. and they will ALWAYS keep control of the whole process.

when you get that easy lesson, then you suprisingly realize that some outcomings of this, are not „blizzards fault“, are not „the end of wow economics cause of CoD“, and are not „things get out of control, sky is falling“. i assure you: things are completely under control. because otherwise blizz cant scale they profit the make out of it.
    Most people who make the "omg token too expensive, economy is ruined" threads are people who come from the position of wishful thinking that Blizzard owes them f2p wow.

The system is designed to protect goldbuyers and encourage them to keep buying gold, the rest is mostly "side effect" of it. For example if Blizzard sold gold for fixed price instead of making people spend their gold to give these to goldbuyers, the gold value would devalue super quickly and gold buyers would feel cheated and stop buying gold. If Blizzard stopped putting new stuff to buy for balance, goldfarmers would run out of stuff to buy, stop spending gold on tokens, and the goldbuyers would complain their token never sells or its value decreases over time (due to market saturation, that happened late WOD when token could be only used for gametime, there was 36 month cap, and EU value went down from 88k to 69k before Legion).

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Most people who make the "omg token too expensive, economy is ruined" threads are people who come from the position of wishful thinking that Blizzard owes them f2p wow.

The system is designed to protect goldbuyers and encourage them to keep buying gold, the rest is mostly "side effect" of it. For example if Blizzard sold gold for fixed price instead of making people spend their gold to give these to goldbuyers, the gold value would devalue super quickly and gold buyers would feel cheated and stop buying gold. If Blizzard stopped putting new stuff to buy for balance, goldfarmers would run out of stuff to buy, stop spending gold on tokens, and the goldbuyers would complain their token never sells or its value decreases over time (due to market saturation, that happened late WOD when token could be only used for gametime, there was 36 month cap, and EU value went down from 88k to 69k before Legion).
    yep. you completely got it. exact this is the reason why blizzard MUST be able to control and balance the complete beast, bc otherwise one of the two extremes/courses would happen and end/slowdown blizzards profitable mechanics.

the only thing a company want, that earning 7 euros for every transfer of gold from one player to another (aka a token passes the AH), is that these transfers never stop and happen at a maximum rate.

from this point of view ongoing, every thing what happens (and what is reality in game) is crystal clear.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-05-19 at 12:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the wow token on US has allready returned to normal, you also forget on the EU servers 50k per token is not that much, and allready its dropped back to normal.
    What returned to normal? The token on eu is at 350k gold atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I have seen no indication that Blizzard manipulates token prices one way or the other. Their cost is static in real money, and varies widely both across and within regions in gold. I don't see why they'd particularly care how much gold tokens sell for, as Niwes correctly noted they make real money with every token sold and token sales don't remove gold from the economy.
    the magic of this system is that they dont NEED to control the prices, because they control the whole fluence of the system. its a completely closed system, without external influences, umder their control.

if you want balance (when you have too less token buyers or too less token sellers) you only have to turn on a knob and i.e. let produce missions a bit more gold, lengthen or shorten the token in/out queue, etc etc. all of that is just done to readjust it to maximum/ideal point of selling/buying tokens, which corresponds to the maximum transfered tokens, which corresponds to maximum earned 7 euros.

ps: and ppl pay that 7 euros to blizz instead some chinese gold seller. they killed the gold selling market completely with a one shot. clevr bastards.

in short: they have just adjust sliiiightly a bit at various nonvisible points of the system to guarantee maximum profit. and even that, doesnt need to be made often or more than just sligh5ly sometimes here and there. no need to regulate or even touch token prices directly.

ps: this is a clever system. but in the end maybe its good for us. bc when the revenue is not high enough for wow they maybe make content even more cost effective and low quality or even stop wow dev cause of non rentable. so, maybe their greedy services, tokens, etc systems prevent us from falling under the descission of greedy managment. if someone want to see it from that point.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-05-19 at 12:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just hit 7million gold this expac, and can't weait to get the big dino mount with the auctioneer on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Strawman. Obviously money always inflated to some extent. The degree changed sharply in WoD, and it's a frickin' hockey stick in Legion.

This thread is going exactly where I always knew it would. People love their free gold, and will jump down your throat at the mere thought of taking it away. Logic doesn't enter the equation.
    Where's the "logic" in the equation, when people's arguments for why it's a problem are purely emotional? And you're damned right I wouldn't be OK seeing my 30 million reduced to 30k just to please some arbitrary sense among a few that inflation is a problem...

Spoiler: Nobody here has any form of stats to back them up. Blizzard, the makers of the game however, do. Seeing as how so many nowadays also play the game through gold alone, the nay-sayers will simply have to suck it up. Goldmaking and the economy, won't be discouraged.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    Aren't the prices determined internally?
    The price of the token is controlled by Blizzard. It is fixed at the time you put it up for sale. The price of your token will never change causing 50k to disappear. Someone will always be able to buy a token for the price it was posted at regardless if the price is trending upwards or down. A person always receives the same amount of gold someone paid for the token.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Gems were 2-5k each, flasks 2k, potions 1k+ (you use 2 per attempt), armor repairs etc. If you were doing any serious raiding during 2017, you were literally burning through more than Order halls could ever hope to provide. But if all you ever do is sit in Order halls, do world quests and LFR, then of course you'll pile it up over time.
    I have far more gold than people I know whom just sit in their Order Halls, do world quests here and there and LFR...
    And I have been raiding with all the consumables and trimmings since the get-go.

There are technically more ways to make gold than ever before, yet a lot of people still seem to struggle with just sustaining themselves. Forget any fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    So CoD is coming and token prices are going to be over million. Soon everyone will have 2m+ gold for 40euros and flasks etc will cost 10x they did during the start of expansion. So we who will NOT use real money to buy wow gold are going to be in trouble.

What will Blizzard do when 90% of playerbase are going to have 3m+ gold and everything will be expensive?
    You mean in US how it spiked to 236k and then dropped back to 206k?

Yeah totally over a million.

So nice job at making a failure of a prediction, can we close the thread now?

they can add new currency

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    "complex" u mean go to a few dungeons, kill mini boss or collect item from last boss?
    Yep - that's the stuff. Got it in one.

Queue up for the dungeon 3-4 times (1 hour per queue), run it 3-4 times (1 hour per run) until one of the PUG groups didn't mind you going and killing that optional boss over there.

Just to get ONE of the quests done, and there were dozens of them.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I've gathered so far from this thread

A) apparently a fair portion of the playerbase have no fucking idea what they're talking about when it comes to tokens

B) There are a bunch of people concerned with an economy that they currently can't be successful in, in the first place.

The level of incompetence shown here is astronomical, more of you should talk less and listen more.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It rose from 300 to 350k in EU when they introduced bnet balance gifting, no idea why did that one correlate with the spike but it happened much earlier than COD. When they announced COD they jumped from 343k to 401 back to 344 back to 381 again to 344 then 363 and it seems to be evening itself out. The jump from 300 to 350k wasn't sudden, it just creeped up, but faster than usual and didn't drop.
    then lets bet

i bet that in a month token will be on stable 400k and the bump of 50k will be induced exackly because of CoD. next bump will be connected with launch - my bet is 500k around 1-2 months post launch .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yep - that's the stuff. Got it in one.

Queue up for the dungeon 3-4 times (1 hour per queue), run it 3-4 times (1 hour per run) until one of the PUG groups didn't mind you going and killing that optional boss over there.

Just to get ONE of the quests done, and there were dozens of them.
    If people bothered to get FRIENDS in the game, they could have done said dungeons with their FRIENDS, but ppl want wow to be a singleplayer game these days with as little effort needed as possible, i hoped they would go harder with "dungeon gating" for professions in BFA.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    So CoD is coming and token prices are going to be over million. Soon everyone will have 2m+ gold for 40euros and flasks etc will cost 10x they did during the start of expansion. So we who will NOT use real money to buy wow gold are going to be in trouble.

What will Blizzard do when 90% of playerbase are going to have 3m+ gold and everything will be expensive?
    Wait? Wouldn't you will now make 10x more selling flasks?!?!

Pretty sure Destiny drove up WoW gold for a while, and were all still here...

And really, Blizzard has this whole North Korea-like control on their currency. It doesn't matter what the world outside says its worth, Blizzard says what the price of a token is. I see nowhere that anyone else actually has any control what they wish to buy or sell a token for.
    Last edited by Baroclinic; 2018-05-19 at 10:20 AM.

It will proberly have some form of increase like what happened with destiny 2 released but I do not for a second believe we will hit a token price above 1 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    What I've gathered so far from this thread

A) apparently a fair portion of the playerbase have no fucking idea what they're talking about when it comes to tokens

B) There are a bunch of people concerned with an economy that they currently can't be successful in, in the first place.

The level of incompetence shown here is astronomical, more of you should talk less and listen more.
    really have to sign this. with my blood...

while adding more stuff to buy in bnet store does punch up the price slightly, the main contributor of rising token prices is ease of gold generating in game. we have mission tables giving 2k+ gold per mission. we have super fast and easy world quests give 200+ gold per quest. we have gray trash selling for quite a bit of gold too and its just incidental. we have people with multiple alts at the tail end of expansion where catching up on gear and artifact power is much faster and easier, so you can have more alts generating gold.

and before someone brings up AH, I'm not talking about shifting gold between players. I'm talking about generating gold essentially out of thin air, ADDING gold to economy rather then transferring it between people. point is, creating gold in game is faster and so the prices are getting higher, in order to keep buying tokens with RL cash desirable. as someone said earlier in a thread, its in Blizzard's interest to keep people buying tokens with RL money. so they designed the system to directly adjust for that, while also regulating the speed of gold purchase price rising, to prevent rapid and major price fluctuations. becasue this is not a stock market and plus major rapid fluctuations are too dangerous becasue they can literally cause major inflation of gold in game rather then controlled on like right now (if people buy tokens with cash when demand price is high, while gold buyers wit for price to crash before buying - this injects way too much gold into economy since original token buyer gets the gold amount that the tokens were going for at the time of purchase, NOT the gold amount that AH buyer paid, so the gold difference is generated. blizzard wants to keep prices relatively stable, to avoid that - they dont' want you waiting to buy your tokens with gold. )
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-05-19 at 10:35 AM.