Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    On Russian realms after D2 came out Token became around 100k more expensive. Atm it's at 342 k. gold, so maybe it will reach 400-450k after CoD, surely not a million.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because russia and post soviet republics
    Na, US has all of South America and Venezuela above all in their pool. If anything, the Korean token should be the cheapest, since it's just one rich country in their pool.

People who say gold is useless just need to voice their concern on WHAT they would like to spend gold on. Mounts is not enough clearly, so....Come up with other ways to spend it....Suggest idea's or so.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    People still play CoD?[/URL]
    I also would like to know, couse I played CoD like 10years ago and they seems the same game every time =P

well u can allways farm ur own mats and items if economy goes mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Joakhim View Post
    I also would like to know, couse I played CoD like 10years ago and they seems the same game every time =P
    its activions counter-part to fifa
    10% new stuff, 90% recycling

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    People who say gold is useless just need to voice their concern on WHAT they would like to spend gold on. Mounts is not enough clearly, so....Come up with other ways to spend it....Suggest idea's or so.
    It's the dilemma... do we go back to vanilla or even tbc were if you struggled with the game repair costs would eat up your gold?

I feel that even if blizzard tried to close the doors the horses have long since bolted. Right now gold is essentially for vanity items and it seems to be a fair compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    They're not "more on EU servers", they're just "cheaper on US servers", EU is more in line with other markets like Korea, Taiwan and mainland China. On US they're cheaper... well cuz supposedly US people buy more gold (they don't have time to farm, they have more disposable income, you name it).

Best thing is if you decide to post your shit (drums, glyphs, tailored shirts, gems, w/e) for reasonable prices you get angry whispers or mails because the "goldmaking" community believes "it's a sin to undercut for more than 1 copper", I've even seen a youtuber make a video trying to claim so. So if a retard posted a piece of crap for 1 million don't you dare to post it for 10 gold even if you think that's what's it worth at best.

And I'm not talking about items that are rare and highly sought, I'm talking about items you can buy from vendors at endless quantities or produce yourself from easily obtainable mats (and not barred behind hard to obtain recipes).

The general idea among "goldmaking youtubers" is "everything will eventually sell when a moron stumbles over it", I think I've seen one sensible guy who said I'll rather sell more stuff faster as long as I'm making profit, than wait ages for my one golden opportunity sale.
    People really don't even realize that the AH isn't necessarily a viable way to make gold on every server, but they try to apply those same sort of principles anyways and that doesn't always work.

But undercutters ruin the economy too, because they mainly just unwittingly make already rich players more rich. Like if things are already reasonably priced (like 500g-1k for an epic gem and say 1k-2k for an enchant are not unreasonable prices right now) then it's really dumb to undercut by huge amounts. That happens a lot on smaller pop servers and people that do that don't even sell their items any faster, because there's a limited market and they post them at bad hours when people aren't trying to buy them.

If you undercut by a little bit and just be patient people will buy your items, people will also buy my items, and everyone will have more gold and be more happy. But if you undercut too much people with tons of gold who know how to work the AH will just snipe what you posted and restock it.

So the goldmaking youtubers are kinda right about that, but not always and I don't think any of them really acknowledge that lot of people overprice things too.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    People really don't even realize that the AH isn't necessarily a viable way to make gold on every server, but they try to apply those same sort of principles anyways and that doesn't always work.

But undercutters ruin the economy too, because they mainly just unwittingly make already rich players more rich. Like if things are already reasonably priced (like 500g-1k for an epic gem and say 1k-2k for an enchant are not unreasonable prices right now) then it's really dumb to undercut by huge amounts. That happens a lot on smaller pop servers and people that do that don't even sell their items any faster, because there's a limited market and they post them at bad hours when people aren't trying to buy them.

If you undercut by a little bit and just be patient people will buy your items, people will also buy my items, and everyone will have more gold and be more happy. But if you undercut too much people with tons of gold who know how to work the AH will just snipe what you posted and restock it.

So the goldmaking youtubers are kinda right about that, but not always and I don't think any of them really acknowledge that lot of people overprice things too.
    I love when morons do that. Oh an enchant sells for 2k, and you list for 1500? Thanks for the free few hundred gold. Especially on my server where everything sells lightning fast
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I love when morons do that. Oh an enchant sells for 2k, and you list for 1500? Thanks for the free few hundred gold. Especially on my server where everything sells lightning fast
    some people like fast liquid cash not auctions slowly selling - they dont mind you making profit off them as long as they have cash in pocket ultra fast. at certain point the profit margins dont have to be that big for many people - for example im liquidating atm all my mats i colleted though legion - this means i will be flooding AH with ton of autions - and i dont really care if i will make maybe 5% or 15% less profit - its stuff that i need to get rid of regardless.

also what you are describing is slow and monotonus - where you make 500 gold profit on one auction of flasks/enchant really rich ah players make 150-200k on 1 action of good mythic raid quality item . i cba with this anymore but in WoD when i played AH i sometimes was making 500k-1mln in 1 lucky evening from buying and reposting very expensive stuff
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-05-21 at 10:54 AM.

That is an unfortunate consequence of players with millions of golds. They can buy out cheaper out items and resell at a much higher price. Effectively taking control of the market prices.

Good for you rich guys getting richer. Bad for the poor players being made to pay higher prices. Not everyone are sitting on millions of golds. Not everyone have multiple maxed out toons capable of making large quantity of golds from the order hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Token prices already peaked and are dropping again. It's humorous people think CoD is going to have a bigger impact on the token then ya know... the fucking xpac for the very game you buy the token in.
    Not sure if they peaked or not, but there was a blue comment on the front page like 3 days ago that says, "Tokens do not inject gold into the economy. The same gold always exists. If the price jumps up 50k someone is still paying that 50k that already existed and someone will receive that same 50k."

The same reply also says, "The price can only increase or decrease so much an hour. If a mass sell off were to happen the same amount of gold would still exist in the economy. Tokens at their time of purchase have a fixed value of what they were worth at that time. You cannot gain or lose value of it once it is bought. "

Thirdly, the same reply again goes into more detail and says, "No. That means that not enough players have bought tokens. It's happening right now. People aren't buying enough tokens with real money to satisfy the demand so the tokens are selling out."

In other words, no new money is being input into the game. If "all players will now have millions of gold" like OP says (and which is bullshit) then those millions will have just been shuffled between players, not magically created. Beyond that, the token price has a fixed price, set by Blizzard, which hasn't skyrocketed like OP is fearing, in spite of the fact that the tokens have actually sold out several times because people aren't buying them for real money to list for "sale" in game.

I can say, from my experience I bought a token for 208K, then shuffled some money around on other toons before buying 3 more tokens so I could buy the expansion. My follow up tokens a few hours later on, the price had dropped down to 203K. Last Thursday, they spiked to 230K, but quickly settled back below 210K by Friday.

When the tokens started off, they were 30K. By the end of WoD, when they were launched, the price had gotten to 40K. When Legion launched, they dropped down to 35K, and have gotten to 205K on average. If the hyperinflation of Blizzard granting gold continues and the price of the token increases like it did in in Legion, then yes, 1.189M per token could theoretically be possible by the end of BfA, but so far, there's no evidence to support that happening.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T3ramos View Post
    its activions counter-part to fifa
    10% new stuff, 90% recycling
    They heard that recycling is good for the planet.

So, where is the apocalypse? I thought we are going to have a stack of flasks for million gold?

Quote Originally Posted by That guy maybe View Post
    It was 350k yesterday afternoon, it's 356k right now. It had a spike to 401k at 1am, but it's back down again
    Astolfo, making you question your sexuality since 2001. ;p
    For the Glory of Mankind

I've sold tons of vendor pets and recipes to "snipers" because they thought my 10x markup wasn't high enough so they need to repost it higher. Thing is I can keep posting these items because they come from vendors (and have an alt parked on it for fast access).

I also remember that guy who had no clue primal sargerite vendor was introduced and desperately tried to prevent purple gems from dropping in price 3x, well they dropped anyway, because supply just flooded the market, in the meanwhile I was making 40% profit on each cut, I think I spent few hours on the AH just cutting and reposting.

And I had a friend who had this brilliant idea to "control" the market of chaos crystals at the start of legion, afaik he ended up with a personal guild bank full of these and couple of million losses as prices inevitably went down.

So yeah, flipping can be a great strategy, but only when used well.

I've sold tons of vendor pets and recipes to "snipers" because they thought my 10x markup wasn't high enough so they need to repost it higher. Thing is I can keep posting these items because they come from vendors (and have an alt parked on it for fast access).

I also remember that guy who had no clue primal sargerite vendor was introduced and desperately tried to prevent purple gems from dropping in price 3x, well they dropped anyway, because supply just flooded the market, in the meanwhile I was making 40% profit on each cut, I think I spent few hours on the AH just cutting and reposting.

And I had a friend who had this brilliant idea to "control" the market of chaos crystals at the start of legion, afaik he ended up with a personal guild bank full of these and couple of million losses as prices inevitably went down.

So yeah, flipping can be a great strategy, but only when used well.
    I made a lot of gold off of the mining pet from cata bought a few character banks full of them for no more then five gold a pop.

It's a guessing game for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked down View Post
    I made a lot of gold off of the mining pet from cata bought a few character banks full of them for no more then five gold a pop.

It's a guessing game for the most part.
    Yep, I bet the stockpilers of reins of poseidus were furious when Blizzard upped the spawn rate of it and prices crashed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I bet the stockpilers of reins of poseidus were furious when Blizzard upped the spawn rate of it and prices crashed.
    was saving mine to sell for 1mill, when they were just 200k i just said fuck it and learned it myself.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s