Poll: Would You Support Sylvanas after Before the Storm?

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nastje View Post
    (Inb4 Saurfang, he's old and his loyalties are questionable.)
    Saurfang is loyal to the Horde. It seems he's the only promintent Horde character who is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That is a very unfair statement, borderline malicious, even, since it heavily implies that the Menethil family was oppressing the people and forcing undeath upon their subjects. The current situation was caused by Arthas, yes, but his mind was long corrupted by the Frostmourne sword, by the Lich King.
    Yeah sure we know that because as a player we can see everything in WC3. But explain this to an illiterate farmer: Oh the Menethils are nice, all that death and destruction was because the sword. Yes, Arthas had a benevolent reason to kill everyone in Stratholme and burn the houses.

Doesn't that sound silly? In universe the Menethils should have a bad PR with the general population.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Saurfang is loyal to the Horde. It seems he's the only promintent Horde character who is.
    He shows it in a weird way.

Can we blame that on Golden too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

We used to have "metzen syndrome", now are we gonna have "golden syndrome" ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordesnow View Post
    I'm really impressed with how many people still support Sylvanas despite everything she's done and is doing, the people at this forum are so sick beyond imagination
    Maybe we like her to do bad things because it's a fucking game. I'm up for some sick shit. We have been walking with the alliance in the rose garden for too long.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure we can

Quote Originally Posted by Tatzi View Post
    Blizzard doesn't know how to write 'morally grey'. They know typical good guys and typical bad guys and that's it. Really unfortunate.
    This seems to be the only explanation if they genuinely claim that Sylvanas isn't meant to be evil. They can claim she's not evil all they want, but her actions say otherwise. I don't see any way for Blizzard to turn everything Sylvanas is doing into a morally grey area anymore. Sylvanas is evil, there's really no way around it anymore. I'm tired of being part of a Horde with a shitty leader.

I pray we get rid of Sylvanas as warchief in BfA and we'll just get Thrall back. Or Saurfang. Saurfang would be good. And then keep him there.

Deleted

Why? Because he's disgusted with Sylvanas murdering Horde troops? Because he talks to Anduin before the Alliance really ends the Horde because of Sylv? He's loyal to the Horde not Sylvanas. Because she is NOT the Horde and and she's not good for the Horde.

Why? Because he's disgusted with Sylvanas murdering Horde troops? Because he talks to Anduin before the Alliance really ends the Horde because of Sylv? He's loyal to the Horde not Sylvanas. Because she is NOT the Horde and and she's not good for the Horde.
    And I am sure Golden will allow him to survive because he is obedient green dog for her perfect character. That doesnt change that he was butchered in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Maybe we like her to do bad things because it's a fucking game. I'm up for some sick shit. We have been walking with the alliance in the rose garden for too long.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure we can
    Agree with you people rage over a fictional character its beyond sick!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Because she is NOT the Horde and and she's not good for the Horde.
    Sylvanas as warchief is the best thing that could happen to the Horde. Finally leader who is not scared to do anything for the survival of the Horde.

Honor means nothing to a corpse.

"I have pierced the veil of the future and beheld only... oblivion. Yet one spark of hope remains. You will hold her life in your hands... And though justice demands that she die for her crimes, only she can save us."

Deleted
    Finally leader who is not scared to do anything for the survival of the Horde.

Honor means nothing to a corpse.
    Plaguing Horde defenders.
    Killing Forsaken civilians.
    Planning meaningless wars before the Legion defeat celebration even starts.

Sure. For the good of the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    "I have pierced the veil of the future and beheld only... oblivion. Yet one spark of hope remains. You will hold her life in your hands... And though justice demands that she die for her crimes, only she can save us."
    That was Illidan. Sylvanas is more like Mengsk. A zergified Mengsk.

That was Illidan. Sylvanas is more like Mengsk. A zergified Mengsk.
    What version of Mengsk, because SC1 Mengsk had pretty good reasons to be an asshole, before he was turned into comic-book evil in SC2.

Deleted

Plaguing Horde defenders.
    Killing Forsaken civilians.
    Planning meaningless wars before the Legion defeat celebration even starts.

Sure. For the good of the Horde.

yes, when it has to be done. YES.

Few horde defenders who would die anyway. Its bad but if you can make them as bait for many more enemy soldiers to take them down. Do it.

Forsaken civilians? You mean when she was forced to do it because of stupid Calia who wanted some of forsaken to defect and many of them would. They were traitors.
    Even many of them would not defect its unfortunate they were taken down to. But sylvanas wasn't there to kill anyone. Blame Calia for this.

Planing war? Read data mine from Teldrassil. This whole action was to end a war before it even started. Not to start it.

Deleted
    What version of Mengsk, because SC1 Mengsk had pretty good reasons to be an asshole, before he was turned into comic-book evil in SC2.
    SC2 Mengsk. Definetly SC2 Mengsk.

SC2 Mengsk. Definetly SC2 Mengsk.
    I smell a pattern.

Deleted
    yes, when it has to be done. YES.

Few horde defenders who would die anyway. Its bad but if you can make them as bait for many more enemy soldiers to take them down. Do it.

Forsaken civilians? You mean when she was forced to do it because of stupid Calia who wanted some of forsaken to defect and many of them would. They were traitors.
    Even many of them would not defect its unfortunate they were taken down to. But sylvanas wasn't there to kill anyone. Blame Calia for this.

Planing war? Read data mine from Teldrassil. This whole action was to end a war before it even started. Not to start it.
    She is planning the war before the Legion-has-ended parade. Or during it. We can plainly read it in the book.
    And starting the war to end all wars is still starting a war^^

Deleted
    What a great precedent for any aspiring Horde conscript. "Hey guys, if it looks like we can't 3star this fight you will all die horrible painful plague ridden deaths. We want YOU!"

Even many of them would not defect its unfortunate they were taken down to. But sylvanas wasn't there to kill anyone.
    Yes, Calia forced her. She gave her the arrows to murder Forsaken who were running back to her for her protection. What a great leader.

Blame Calia for this.
    I know. It's never her fault. It's always someone else's. Blame Putress. Blame Varimathras. Blame Garrosh. Blame Vereesa's sons. Blame Anduin. Blame Calia. Never Sylvanas though. Never her.

She was planning to attack SW before their Legion celebration was even over.

- - - Updated - - -

I smell a pattern.
    Yeah. Me too.

Sylvy does something evil.
    Someone forced her/went behind her back/duped her.
    Let's give her another chance.

Anyone still defending her after the details of the book reveal with defend her to the end. I hate her with a passion but I have faith that one day things will be fixed and she will be taken care of in some way. I don't mind if they want Horde to be 'warmongers' I just don't have any interest in serving someone who's murdered her own innocent civilians and her own loyal soldiers.

In reality, I know nothing will change the minds of her loyal fans and in a way I can respect that. I've liked 'evil' characters in the past, I just could admit they were monsters.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Don't forget, she also murders the ones who were coming back and clearly weren't going to leave the Forsaken. :^)
    And after murdering all of the Forsaken to honour her promise to Anduin ("No human shall be killed") even THAT isn't good enough and she murders Calia Menethil. A human.

She committed an unspeakable war crime against her own citizens for the sake of not breaking a promise... and then she instantly breaks that promise.