Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Did you unironically call somebody a soy boy?

Eesh.

Can I be in the camp where both sides of that political discussion are ridiculously stupid to me? The SJW tryhards and the 4chan tryhards?

There are a lot of TCR backlash videos on youtube throwing out "cuck", "soy boy", "sjw", and other so-called buzzwords, and once I hear that, I just close the video. To me, anyone who uses those words on purpose loses all credibility, no matter how good or bad their argument. I hate this abomination as much as many others, but I agree with Orby in post 313

Why do people get so upset about a virtually unknown child cartoon?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

So many crappy youtube videos in one thread my god.

Pvt hudson do you actually watch that guy? Why does he put his face in every frame when hes that ugly and fat, makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So many crappy youtube videos in one thread my god.

Pvt hudson do you actually watch that guy? Why does he put his face in every frame when hes that ugly and fat, makes no sense
    All the time.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I appreciate that, this dog turd is just awful and still wishing for it not to see the light of day.
    But I do think their is some form of political and social influence as to why it came to life in the first place, as its been pointed out, the design, the features, the influence.

A good example of the this is looking back at the first ghostbusters animated series, now in that it was a cartoon but heavily inspired from the movies, and while setup for kids, it had some humor, was nicely animated, and I can enjoy watching the series today as much as I did back then.
    One of the main characters on the ghost besides the 4 ghostbusters was their secretary, Janine, given a redesign from the movies version, she was a much loved character on the show voiced by Laura Summer.

Despite how popular the show was, it ended up network executives came in with wild allegations of needing to dumb down and soften the show up for children, because apparently cartoon ghosts was to scary for them, but also, they completely redesigned the character of Janine, from the feisty, sarcastic, blunt and no nonsense character, and changed her into a soft toned, motherly character who was nothing like her original design.

they even got rid of her pointy glasses, because as they said to the shows creators 'kids are scared of sharp objects, so the pointy glasses need to go'.

The show ended up flopping and lost viewers due to these changes, all because some idiot executives thought they could change something for the better they didn't need it.

The point of all this, is that just because someone thinks they have a good idea in how to change the dynamic of a show, doesn't mean it will fit, if changing it is all you have on your mind just to 'make it your own thing'. If you don't remain faithful to the original, then your just gonna piss people off.

And I don't take the whole 'its for kids, so what' thing as an excuse not to criticize the flaws in a cartoon,
    Interesting, where did you get all this background info about the production of Real Ghostbusters, and at one point in series 3-7 was it declared a flop due to the redesign of Janine?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem if they did it some justice and respect to the source material, the He-MAn reboot in 2003 was a good example of how to do a remake for a new generation right.
    2003, that was 15 years ago. Under that time have children cartoon changed again.

Why is adults so outraged over it, when it's not aimed to them, but kids today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    All the time.
    The guy clearly made the video just to be contrary to the mass amount of people pissed off. That is far more annoying then classic fans being up in arms to a crap remake of something they once loved

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    2003, that was 15 years ago. Under that time have children cartoon changed again.

"IT'S FOR KIDS, KIDS WILL WATCH ANY OLD CRAP AND NOT CARE" Thanks but I'd sooner kids get better quality shows to watch. I can still remember the quality shows when I was younger to the garbage ones, so why shouldn't they have the same quality?
    #boycottchina

I mean whether or not the original show was good doesn't even matter. The problems with the show is that the animation looks horrible and its the Teen Titans Go-ifying of every single new animated show they put on TV.

The show could be absolutely the worst show ever but it wasn't a giant teen titans go joke the entire time.

When you use an older IP, like ThunderCats, and you don't think fans of previous versions won't make comments about it, then you need to pull your head out of your ass. If they would have used an original IP, you can bet your sweet booty there wouldn't be any sort of hate spewed at it. But they decided to go with something that has existed for 30 years. There was massive backlash towards the Looney Tunes reboot (Lunatics), which looked like this:

And that show's been around for nearly 90 years. And then there's all the hate the new Scooby Doo got, and it looks slightly better than TCR:

It's the same thing as changing superheroes into something they aren't (female thor, female iron man (but wait, she's not actually iron man!), asian hulk, etc). Don't want hate from fans of previous iterations? Make something new. But don't act surprised when you get hate from older fans when you use something that's been around for years and change it into something it is not.

Deleted
    Can we report the artist for killing a childhood cartoon?

He should do at least 30 years for such a heinous crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I agree with some of what he is saying, but my god I wish that man would speak a little slower.... Why is he doing an impression of the micromachiens guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    I mean whether or not the original show was good doesn't even matter. The problems with the show is that the animation looks horrible and its the Teen Titans Go-ifying of every single new animated show they put on TV.

The show could be absolutely the worst show ever but it wasn't a giant teen titans go joke the entire time.
    Okay, its not the animation you have an issue with it's the artstyle, the animation quality no matter how shit the art-style is still miles better than than they were in the 80's. Just trying to clear that up. But yes the art style is horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll go through these motions too when you are older.

Also I am not 'outraged', to be outraged I would assume I lack a moral compass and sense of will to listen and discuss. In other words be yelling 'they be raping my childhood' which it really isn't. I still have the original cartoons on DvD, so its not really taking anything away from me. I am just more of less expressing my view on something I have seen and saying I don';t like it. Not trying to change anyone else's view, not trying to say that I or you are right or wrong, I mean if that sort of animation is your thing (god help you), thats cool. But as an animator myself and someone who is a huge nerd for 80's nostalgia I have a right to express my opinion in a calm and constructive manner.

The least others can do is respect my opinion as much as I respect theirs
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-05-28 at 02:20 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance