Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What Makes Life Worth Living?

I've always had trouble opening up to people, for most of my life I've been really sad, and I think at a certain point I just became passively down. A normal day was a day where I felt there was a cloud over my head and even if I was happy about something, it somehow felt incomplete.

I don't really look forward to much in life, and sometimes I feel like my mind is melting. I feel like I get detached from my surroundings and it feels extremely distressing.

What about life makes it worth continuing? If you go through life not feeling like you're yourself, as if someone else is in your body, is there still fulfillment to be had? I don't know if there really is, I'd like to believe it, but I don't think I can.
    Yea yea....

A kitten attacking your hand.

The smile of your new born daughter.

The first rays of sunlight after a long cold winter.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hedonic thrills, which will suck when I'm older and I can't do those things anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A kitten attacking your hand.

The smile of your new born daughter.

The first rays of sunlight after a long cold winter.
    I know the feelings of pleasure you're talking about. But even when I experience those I sometimes feel passively sad, waay more now than in the past. I know what you're talking about but I can't really feel it right now.
    Yea yea....

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    4K 144hz HDR ips gsync monitors

10+ Year Old Account
    Very simple

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undeadprotoss View Post
    I know the feelings of pleasure you're talking about. But even when I experience those I sometimes feel passively sad, waay more now than in the past. I know what you're talking about but I can't really feel it right now.
    Have you thought maybe you've got depression? Need some medication? If you can't think of a good reason you're sad (like a loved ones death or loss of job or something), then maybe it's actually a treatable illness. Lot of people facing a similar problem as you!

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!
    Slightly disappointed it took till even just the 5th reply for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Life itself.

We only get the 1.
    Being healthy, family, hobbies, animals, nature.

And you should seek professional help. My anxiety disorder makes me feel "disillusioned" on regular basis, and just 1 single medicine makes that go away and allows me to feel as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Life itself.

We only get the 1.
    Being healthy, family, hobbies, animals, nature.

And you should seek professional help. My anxiety disorder makes me feel "disillusioned" on regular basis, and just 1 single medicine makes that go away and allows me to feel as myself.
    I'll ask my therapist about the medicine, but it really feels like I'm floating out of my body and I can't come back.
    Yea yea....

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    Have you thought maybe you've got depression? Need some medication? If you can't think of a good reason you're sad (like a loved ones death or loss of job or something), then maybe it's actually a treatable illness. Lot of people facing a similar problem as you!
    I posted what I originally posted too hastily.
    Last edited by Undeadprotoss; 2018-05-20 at 01:48 AM.
    Yea yea....

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have had thoughts of suicide recently and I'm going to see a therapist on Monday and I'm gonna talk to another one to schedule an appointment that day as well.
    Thread closing in 3....2.....1.....

Fucking, and other sex stuff. I probably get in about 15+ hours of sex a week. I'd probably be fucking my wife right now except for her being away for a few days at the moment.

I've always had trouble opening up to people, for most of my life I've been really sad, and I think at a certain point I just became passively down. A normal day was a day where I felt there was a cloud over my head and even if I was happy about something, it somehow felt incomplete.

I don't really look forward to much in life, and sometimes I feel like my mind is melting. I feel like I get detached from my surroundings and it feels extremely distressing.

What about life makes it worth continuing? If you go through life not feeling like you're yourself, as if someone else is in your body, is there still fulfillment to be had? I don't know if there really is, I'd like to believe it, but I don't think I can.
    Responsibility, the more I’m responsible for the happier I seem to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

- Conan

7+ Year Old Account
    Faith. It takes a long time for men to acquire this gift, but it makes the suffering have a purpose.