Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Friendly reminder that catcalling is at best degrading and at worst threatening. It is not "free speech" and defending it makes you an asshole.
    Having a law against it is still fking retarded.
    We humans have to stick together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A

What if this was your daily life?
    yikes. what is wrong with people.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    The difference in the relationship between men and women is not reflexive. Depending on the person, imagining ugly old women or gay men doing it to you might approximate the emotions of the experience.
    nope, I still wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    In the hallowed Deep South of the MAGAboys,, looking at some women could be a death sentence (not for the culprit, but people looking vaguely like them) and they are apparently a-okay with such ''laws''.

Why though? Deciding what's socially acceptable is pretty much what the law is about. That and stealing money from working people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Yep, sexist if it doesn't apply to women whistling at men. What am I worthless because I have a dick? Thanks, fuck you too France.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Yep, sexist if it doesn't apply to women whistling at men. What am I worthless because I have a dick? Thanks, fuck you too France.
    Welcome to 3rd wave feminism.

Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    No guy whistling at women actually gets with them.
    Now see, it's comments like this that cause experiments to happen.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    First, I'm pretty sure it would apply to. Even if your sites tell you not, it would. However, I know it's hard to believe, but in addition to the detail that female on male abuse is not exactly on the same level than the reverse, it's not ''SJW LIBURALS BETACUCKS'' who casually dismiss female on male sex abuse with edgy lines like ''LULZ DON'T COUNT SHE WAS HOT''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    And before anyone asks if I think wolf-whistling is okay, no I don't. It's not a behavior I take part in and find pathetic, but it's not the end of the fucking world. Someone whistled at you - it's not a bloody crime. And even if the government deems it is, why is it not all types of whistling/ sexual advances, not just that from men? Anyone who thinks women don't make unwanted advances clearly hasn't been out to a nightclub for example, it happens all the time there.

Kind of shows that men can receive unwanted advances just the same as women. And even then, I don't particularly care, I've been in situations where someone has made advances and I haven't wanted them to, I'm sure there are many women who've been in that situation far more than I have, and yes it's not nice and that person shouldn't do it - but does it kill you to ignore them or tell them to fuck off? You can't expect to call women strong and empowered etc if you also think the government needs to protect them from fucking catcalls. Jesus christ.
    was that....WAS THAT? WAS THAT A GUY IN A BLUE FAIRY COSTUME AT 1:33 ????????
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    First, I'm pretty sure it would apply to. Even if your sites tell you not, it would. However, I know it's hard to believe, but in addition to the detail that female on male abuse is not exactly on the same level than the reverse, it's not ''SJW LIBURALS BETACUCKS'' who casually dismiss female on male sex abuse with edgy lines like ''LULZ DON'T COUNT SHE WAS HOT''
    What sites? And nice whataboutism.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that makes me shiver about this law is how its only directed to women and not both.
    There are plenty of occasions, specially during college, where me and some friends got similar treatment.
    It's sad though that if a man even mentions that he's uncomfortable when he recieves this treatment he gets laughed at and ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Why though? Deciding what's socially acceptable is pretty much what the law is about. That and stealing money from working people.
    Because its fucking whistling? Sure it can be annoying, im guessing but it doesnt Hurt anyone, the fact that People think they Are idiots should be enough or we can begin outlawing being stupid. Also, just saying, it has been proven time and time again that Those that actually want this law Are the Girls that dont get whistled at.

Notice no protection for men.... typical. Woman's definition of harassment = If I find him attractive he can say anything, if I don't like him "hello" is harassment.

Because its fucking whistling? Sure it can be annoying, im guessing but it doesnt Hurt anyone, the fact that People think they Are idiots should be enough or we can begin outlawing being stupid. Also, just saying, it has been proven time and time again that Those that actually want this law Are the Girls that dont get whistled at.
    I don't disagree with you in principle, but in practice it doesn't affect me or anyone I would consider worth protecting from it. People who catcall are assholes and fining people for being assholes seems ok to me. It's not like they're going to jail for it. Same principle as being fined for having a huge obnoxious party at 3am or pissing on someones lawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    if a man even mentions that he's uncomfortable when he recieves this treatment he gets laughed at and ignored.
    Men can't be abused didn't you know
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I don't disagree with you in principle, but in practice it doesn't affect me or anyone I would consider worth protecting from it. People who catcall are assholes and fining people for being assholes seems ok to me. It's not like they're going to jail for it. Same principle as being fined for having a huge obnoxious party at 3am or pissing on someones lawn.
    But where does it stop? Soon ill get a ticket for fogetting to check My privilige every morning. You shouldnt fine People for disagreeing with their behaviour when their behaviour is not hurtig anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    https://www.independent.ie/world-new...-36918999.html

Men will be fined for wolf-whistling or making sexual comments towards women in France, as part of new tougher legislation to combat lecherous behaviour.

Those who break the law will face on-the-spot fines of up to €750.

France's president, Emmanuel Macron, said the law was meant to ensure "women are not afraid to be outside."

The country's minister for gender equality, Marlene Schiappa, was previously asked about the difficulty of drawing a line between harassment and flirtation.

She said: "We know very well at what point we start feeling intimidated, unsafe or harassed in the street."

Ms Schiappa had previously called for a change to consent laws, so minors under 15 who have sex with adults over 18 would be presumed not to have given their consent.

However, France's lower parliament stopped short of setting a legal age of sexual consent and instead approved a clause in which relations between an adult and a minor under 15 could be classified as rape if "the victim lacks the ability to consent".

In such cases, it would be classified a "sexual assault" and the maximum prison sentence for that is doubled to 10 years. Rape of children under 15 is punishable by 20 years in prison.

The legislation will also give underage victims of rape an additional 10 years to file complaints, up from 20 years after they turn 18 to 30 years.

Women's rights groups, who pushed for a firm age limit, reacted angrily to the vote.
    What's the fine for the women who will lie and say some guy did this just b/c she wanted to get back at him? Happens all the time with rape, and even when it comes out that the woman lied, nothing ever happens to them. I'm guessing this will be the same way. It's a cash grab by the French
    Kthxhugsbye

No less silly than having laws against anything else illegal that is degrading and threatening.

- - - Updated - - -

Catcalling is not a "behaviour" that I "disagree with." It is, as mentioned, degrading and threatening. It's criminal, it isn't hate speech, and it should be a punishable offense.
    Well hello mr. PC white knight. I see someone doesn't like freedom :-) Cat calling is not threatening 99% of the time, its a fucking compliment, if the girl or man(dunno if its illegal for woman as well) doesn't like it he has the FREEDOM to go to the cat caller and call him a fucking douchebag.
    Next thing you know swear words will be illegal become they occationally seem threatening as well and before you know it we are living in a world where you can't speak your mind without being thrown in Jail. We are quite simply moving backwards.

I understand that if a girl walks past a gang of 9 dudes 3 am in the dark of night but the truth is that more often than not the woman appreciate the compliment, and defnitely more often than they find it threatening. We can't start banning behaviour that is circumstancially threatening or degrading.

- - - Updated - - -

It happens almost never with rape.

False rape accusations are way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less prevalent than rape.

They almost never happen.

So no, I doubt there will be an epidemic of woman falsely accusing catcallers of catcalling. There WILL be soft, weak scrubs like you who cry about it though.
    Thats simply not true, it has been shown several times that fake accusations of rape are absurdly common and likely more common than rape(in the western world at least) However, since we simply cannot know if its a fake accusation in many cases we will never know but the amount of men being falsely accused for rape is muuuch higher than you might think. (at work and on my phone so can't really link sources but feel free to search for it, shouldnt be hard to find.

Well hello mr. PC white knight. I see someone doesn't like freedom :-) Cat calling is not threatening 99% of the time, its a fucking compliment, if the girl or man(dunno if its illegal for woman as well) doesn't like it he has the FREEDOM to go to the cat caller and call him a fucking douchebag.
    Next thing you know swear words will be illegal become they occationally seem threatening as well and before you know it we are living in a world where you can't speak your mind without being thrown in Jail. We are quite simply moving backwards.

I understand that if a girl walks past a gang of 9 dudes 3 am in the dark of night but the truth is that more often than not the woman appreciate the compliment, and defnitely more often than they find it threatening. We can't start banning behaviour that is circumstancially threatening or degrading.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats simply not true, it has been shown several times that fake accusations of rape are absurdly common and likely more common than rape(in the western world at least) However, since we simply cannot know if its a fake accusation in many cases we will never know but the amount of men being falsely accused for rape is muuuch higher than you might think. (at work and on my phone so can't really link sources but feel free to search for it, shouldnt be hard to find.
    Of course, since edgelords are mentally incapable of considering even the remote possibility of rape when the suspect is called ''John'' (they believe instantly when it ''Abdul'') What will be those sources ? A MRA site with people praying for the coming of robotic Dutch wives ? A site of PUA cretins which seems unduly concerned about laws making it illegal to have sex with girls that are passed out ? Breitbart ?

Hint : It's around 4 and 6 %. And it includes cases that are unprovable (not ''false''), people wrongly accused (if there is a murder and the wrong guy is arrested, it does not mean ''no murder'') and child coerced to make ''he touched me'' accusations in custody disputes. I know mathematics are a ''SJW BETACUCK'' thingy,'' but ''5% fake accusations'' are not ''several times higher'' than 95% real accusations.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8077876.html
    FTR, ''unconclusive'' rape accusations
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-05-21 at 01:26 AM.