Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Never pre-order.

Look at the BfA situation. So many people pre-ordered on day one, it crashed the servers.

Now the devs and more importantly, Activision, has your money.

People asking for changes and class issues are going through deaf ears.

This is why you never pre-order anything digital, once they have your money, jobs done.

They are probably cracking beers right now because the game is already "done".

that would be pretty short sighted of them for a subscription based product

Sounds lazy to me, something Activision is now known for.

Edit: Let's not talk about how much money Activison makes from this game from the cash shop, boosts and race changes.

Nah, if the company has earned your trust, there's no issue in pre-ordering.
    Further if the pre-order bonuses are worth the full price of the game, yet another reason to pre-order.

Deleted
    Yes, I'm sure grabbing some cash from pre-orders is more important to them than keeping players engaged over the course of an expansion and making money from subs and services.

Deleted
    So you're saying the entire player base should all try to purchase the expansion the second it is released? You'd be right back here complaining that they didn't allow people to pre-order.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are entitled to your opinion, but as WoW is a subscription based game, perhaps they have a vested interest in making content have value beyond the initial purchase. But I could be wrong.

Edit: Ziktus beat me to it.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Yes, once they have your money why work harder?

I can't believe the first few responses here lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Drip feeding cosmetics through-out your sub fee isn't content.
    Refreshing World Quests isn't content.
    Mythic + isn't content.
    Mission tables isn't content.

It's recycled materiel that requires no work.

Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    It actually works fine for them because of the "time invested" fallacy. For many players the idea of letting go of the progress they've made thus far in an expansion is unthinkable. It's why WoD and Legion maintained subscriber bases despite many players being actively displeased with the game.

No saying BfA will be the same, we don't know that yet. But historically players just can't make themselves quit wow unless there's a perceived content drought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinwoods View Post

I can't believe the first few responses here lol..
    Because they still want your money? Your argument might work in a B2P game, but in a subscription based one...Not really. If they deliver a shit product, because they already got all the pre-order money, then people will unsub. If ppl unsub, then the pre-order money won't mean much. They could get as much in 3-4 months of subs, seeing how 1month sub is ~1/3 of the pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinwoods View Post

I can't believe the first few responses here lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Drip feeding cosmetics through-out your sub fee isn't content.
    Refreshing World Quests isn't content.
    Mythic + isn't content.
    Mission tables isn't content.

It's recycled materiel that requires no work.
    New released raids is content. New mechanics in mythic raids is content. New affixes in m+ is content.
    Let alone the fact that many players haven’t even done all the content in game right now that are clamoring for more or “lazy” developer rhetoric, it’s jus a tired arguement now.
    It’s fine to say there is no content presently in game you enjoy; but to say there’s no new content, let alone any old content, left for people to do is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    It's a bait thread, look at the post count of the poster. Just ignore the stupid and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The game is 49.99.

You can't count previous content because they were developed by a different team, who actually listened, and put in work.

From WoD to Legion to BfA it's been a nuke in content and class design. Bringing over the Diablo 3 team + Ion was a terrible idea, worst thing to happen to this game, It could be fixed, but would take a ton of work. The thing is, they already have a foundation from the content and engine, and basically do nothing with it. The worst thing by far though, is not listening to the players and those terrible Q&A's with Ion.
    Last edited by lostinwoods; 2018-05-20 at 06:27 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the evil devs over at Blizzard are surely just sitting there laughing at all of us since people have pre-ordered, that's how they make people come back for each x-pack.
    Jackass.

Ah, such ignorance. Hint: Blizzard wants to sell not only pre-orders, but also wants to sell orders at and after release. That kind of destroys your " We got sum pre-orders, let's sit back and jerk off !!" theory.

It's not like everyone that'll play BfA pre-ordered. It'll be like what, 20-25%? They still have to earn the others. And more importantly, actually get them to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly after all the expansions ideas are harder to come by. Back in the day they only had to add new zones, some gameplay and QoL changes with couple new races and it's done. Tho I would really love to have proper housing...

7+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day, consumers gonna consume. That's their purpose.

OP makes one argument... comes back every other post to restate same argument... could probbaly just /thread it there and move on.

Blizzard is not Activision.

Until you kids learn that, one can't rightly take you seriously.