Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was fine having only the prot one, is the only weapon I thought it looked cool, but then I thought the fury ones looked cool too so after 10 tries I said fuck you to agatha and got the appareace, the arms apearence is super ugly so I wont be doing that one.

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    I was fine having only the prot one, is the only weapon I thought it looked cool, but then I thought the fury ones looked cool too so after 10 tries I said fuck you to agatha and got the appareace, the arms apearence is super ugly so I wont be doing that one.
    If you did the Prot you might as well do the Arms one, Prot is quite a lot harder than the others. It's not as if there is anything better to do before pre-patch.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If you did the Prot you might as well do the Arms one, Prot is quite a lot harder than the others. It's not as if there is anything better to do before pre-patch.
    Yeah I know but is so ugly and rise of the tomb raider is so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    Yeah I know but is so ugly and rise of the tomb raider is so much fun.
    Rise of the tomb raider isn't going away, Arms artifact is. And really what is it 10 minutes out of your time? Arms is really well suited to the challenge, good balance of damage and mobility, unless you're undergeared you're going to steamroll it. While we're here though, surprised you think it's ugly I'd say it's one of the better looking 2h weapons in game and one of the better looking Arms skins, Fury one is a lot more "meh" to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rise of the tomb raider isn't going away, Arms artifact is. And really what is it 10 minutes out of your time? Arms is really well suited to the challenge, good balance of damage and mobility, unless you're undergeared you're going to steamroll it. While we're here though, surprised you think it's ugly I'd say it's one of the better looking 2h weapons in game and one of the better looking Arms skins, Fury one is a lot more "meh" to me.
    I originally wasn't even gonna do fury but I don't know what motivated me, if the prepatch doesnt come tomorrow and ends mage tower I'll try tomorrow.

Is prot all about ignore pain spam to do mage tower? I wanna get it done but never play warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is prot all about ignore pain spam to do mage tower? I wanna get it done but never play warriors.
    Manage stacks, interrupt, stun, spell reflect, avoid getting knocked off, dps hard and of course keep yourself alive. Prot Warrior is one of the hardest, at least the hardest of the ones I've done (Rogue, Warrior, Shaman, Hunter). Doesn't need crazy gear, but of course the lower the gear the better you need to be, 900+ is perfectly fine but maybe with your experience 920+ is advisable.

Legendaries make a difference, Prydaz / Healing bracers obviously make life easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    being a tank fight is facade, its a dps race, wear your best dps gear, there's a guide here somewhere can't check right now but its one hell of a tough fight but its fair, it took me a tons of tries like 80 or more.

I just finished the Prot Challenge Last night. I'm very excited, because it took me so long.
    The fight has a lot going on and is very distracting and movement heavy. I was ilvl 932 and followed most of the guides perfectly but I did find out a few things.
    Through out the whole fight you want to spam victory rush every chance you get.
    I used drums and potion and DPS cooldowns on the inquisitor at the very beginning, he was the hardest part for me. I was using the challenge DBM add on which helped a lot.
    Follow the guides on phase 1 and be patient, even when he was close to dying I would wait to finish off the next add phase and heal off eyes before killing him since Kruul pops of right after.
    For Kruul, jump a lot, use heroic leap to get out of the puddles, spell reflect twisted reflection and save all defensive CDs for Annihilate.
    Saving Cooldowns for Annihilate was the hardest part for me, with so much going on I would forget to press 1 and die instantly. I ended up listening to the DBM countdown to the next Annihilate and timing my Storm Bolt or stepping on an orb to stun him and delay his cast until I was ready.

Also, Velen can die, and did for me a couple time, which kicks you out of the mage tower but you keep all your buffs. I prefer him dying to me dying for that reason.
    But when adds pop up during Kruul make sure to grab them with your AoE attacks and then pop BC to kill them quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Travace View Post
    I just finished the Prot Challenge Last night. I'm very excited, because it took me so long.
    The fight has a lot going on and is very distracting and movement heavy. I was ilvl 932 and followed most of the guides perfectly but I did find out a few things.
    Through out the whole fight you want to spam victory rush every chance you get.
    I used drums and potion and DPS cooldowns on the inquisitor at the very beginning, he was the hardest part for me. I was using the challenge DBM add on which helped a lot.
    Follow the guides on phase 1 and be patient, even when he was close to dying I would wait to finish off the next add phase and heal off eyes before killing him since Kruul pops of right after.
    For Kruul, jump a lot, use heroic leap to get out of the puddles, spell reflect twisted reflection and save all defensive CDs for Annihilate.
    Saving Cooldowns for Annihilate was the hardest part for me, with so much going on I would forget to press 1 and die instantly. I ended up listening to the DBM countdown to the next Annihilate and timing my Storm Bolt or stepping on an orb to stun him and delay his cast until I was ready.

Also, Velen can die, and did for me a couple time, which kicks you out of the mage tower but you keep all your buffs. I prefer him dying to me dying for that reason.
    But when adds pop up during Kruul make sure to grab them with your AoE attacks and then pop BC to kill them quick.
    You know what I've done the Prot one 3 times now and it never occured to me to spell reflect twisted reflection (I only used it for inquisitor), does the boss gain the debuff causing him to heal you when he attacks you?

You know what I've done the Prot one 3 times now and it never occured to me to spell reflect twisted reflection (I only used it for inquisitor), does the boss gain the debuff causing him to heal you when he attacks you?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...some_tips_for/ mentions it and says you do.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I did it once (Destro, the only spec I actually play for my main) and succeeded. That's good enough for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Unrelated but... your avatar.

Yes, It's in most of the guides, and you heal for so much it give you a lot less to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Travace View Post
    Yes, It's in most of the guides, and you heal for so much it give you a lot less to worry about.
    Interesting, wish I had known about that earlier as it would have made things a little easier. I don't tend to really look at the guides unless I have to, just jump in and work through the issues as they arise, more enjoyable that way (well, usually).

Is it possible to do mage tower at 870ish item level with no legendaries? Also 6-800 ms on a good day...

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Is it possible to do mage tower at 870ish item level with no legendaries? Also 6-800 ms on a good day...
    Maybe if you're a legend at your class and it's an easy challenge (like Agatha where you can cheese it with world consumables). Realistically no, its easy to gear up anyway get to 900 or so in a couple of hours and profit.

It's really not easy... I cant do argus because I cant defend myself from ganks. I waited till argus to do broken shore for the same reason.

It's really not easy... I cant do argus because I cant defend myself from ganks. I waited till argus to do broken shore for the same reason.
    Defend yourself from ganks? I play on a PVP server and I cannot remember the last time I got ganked, if needs must you can cross realm to a non-pvp server. Furthermore there is crafted gear (some of which that can be taken up to 940 or so), you have LFR for TOS and Antorus and the guarenteed legendary from the quest, there are world quests all over that give upgrades. It really is easy, I started with rogue which I had not been played since the weeks after Emerald Nightmare opened, I had completed the challenges within an evening.

Hate when people make excuses like this.

Pretty sure it's not an excuse. I literally cannot raid or pvp on my connection, which I why I asked if it would be possible with Broken Shore level gear. If it requires any sort of precise timing its not worth it for me to even try right now.

Pretty sure it's not an excuse. I literally cannot raid or pvp on my connection, which I why I asked if it would be possible with Broken Shore level gear. If it requires any sort of precise timing its not worth it for me to even try right now.
    If you can't raid or PvP then you can't do it, obviously. How bad can your connection be for you to not be able to raid LFR on it, you can manage with less than a 1mb connection. I did my Fury challenge May last year on a BT-Wifi hotspot after moving home and waiting for my line to be put in, where I had frequent disconnects, large lag spikes and approx a 0.2-0.5mb connection speed for about 2 months while I suffered incompetance of the company.

If you cannot do LFR because of your connection then you cannot do the challenge to begin with, but I'm skeptical your connection could be worse than what I had. Either way, ilvl870 with no legendaries is not going to cut it.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-07-11 at 11:41 AM.