Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    When i do my laundry i tend to drop whole bucket of white paint into washmashine. I call that technique "Whitewashing".

Seriously, can they drop those attempts of making jaina "relatable" and shit ?
    Jaina, at her core is a decent character. She was one of the best things in WC3 & Vanilla. You're just bitching because her character his human and it's cool to shit on humans in the game and Jaina in particular.

First, people complained because they made her too neutral and peaceful during Wrath. So they dropped a tactical nuke on Theramore and gave her a reason to begin distrusting the horde. And when she becomes very proactive against your precious fucking blood elves because of the whole Bell incident, everyone shits the bed and gets bent out of shape.

Now they are trying to undo all that and make her more relatable as a character, because she still has a place in the story and you don't want that either.

I truly dislike the way Golden writes a lot of characters, and I seriously don't like how they have handled Jaina, but the human bashing is getting to disproportionately stupid levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Jaina, at her core is a decent character. She was one of the best things in WC3 & Vanilla. You're just bitching because her character his human and it's cool to shit on humans in the game and Jaina in particular.

First, people complained because they made her too neutral and peaceful during Wrath. So they dropped a tactical nuke on Theramore and gave her a reason to begin distrusting the horde. And when she becomes very proactive against your precious fucking blood elves because of the whole Bell incident, everyone shits the bed and gets bent out of shape.

Now they are trying to undo all that and make her more relatable as a character, because she still has a place in the story and you don't want that either.

I truly dislike the way Golden writes a lot of characters, and I seriously don't like how they have handled Jaina, but the human bashing is getting to disproportionately stupid levels.
    See the thing is I like what I see in the comic it's consistent. It's her coming to terms that the horde are monsters, yes her empathy wasn't wrong. But the factions will never get along. I mean if we follow war crimes she should not exactly hate thrall anymore....but look at the comic last panel. Hence my opinion on golden's writing.
    Last edited by mmoc1a1d7f3c08; 2018-05-22 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    Jaina is responsible for the loss of so many innocents lives, yet she is never called to account by anyone.

Alliance soldiers, the Lord Admiral of Kul'Tiras and his forces, civilians of Theramore, she cuold've ended Sylvanas and the Forsaken in the battle of the Undercity, possibly could've saved some people in Stratholme, etc.

A-frigging-mazing how much blood is on her hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Jaina is responsible for the loss of so many innocents lives, yet she is never called to account by anyone.

Alliance soldiers, the Lord Admiral of Kul'Tiras and his forces, civilians of Theramore, she cuold've ended Sylvanas and the Forsaken in the battle of the Undercity, possibly could've saved some people in Stratholme, etc.

Except none of that is her?

I can't speak too much on the first two, but from my understanding, and a quick google search, she did nothing to actually kill them. She just didn't intervene either to save him.

Theramore was Garrosh. She tried to get them to safety, and he ambushed the ships and took them.

And...what. That's like blaming Thrall or Varian for letting Garrosh live at the end of MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    Does not make it any better(I knew it wasn't written by golden. I thought most people did.), so we have a writer that has kept Jaina consistent over someone that flip flops her. At the same time is trying to tell us that she did not leave because of the vote after what we saw in the game and the comic. Considering the preview it's rather clear her bias is leaking into the characters.

In warcrimes supposedly she should not have much beef with the horde, but here we are.
    I don't think anyone has kept Jaina consistent so far, actually Jaina in MoP and "War Crimes" is angry and war-like (as would be expected soon after the fall of Theramore). She seems to overcome this at the end of "War Crimes," only to go on to being antagonistic in WoD and in Legion, up to the point of leaving the Kirin Tor because they wanted to work with the Horde Sunreavers when the entirety of Azeroth was in peril. She's in the same state in "Before the Storm" and apparently in "Reunion," and but then seems to make steps towards overcoming it (again) in the events of BfA.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I don't think that's accurate. He just now sees that not ALL of the Forsaken are monsters and are still human, despite living in undeath. And realizes he was wrong to lump them all together.

He still hates Sylvanas and the Forsaken that justified the sacking of Gilneas.
    Yea thats my bad. Genn says "I still think what was done to the Forsaken against their will was horrifying." and i took that like he was referring to Forsaken as a whole including Sylvanas.

I dislike being a downer here, but the art is -not- up to par with Blizzard standards.

Just see the MoP, WoD and Legion comics. Each are in different artstyles, two of which are more akin to this, and yet miles more polished.

This really looks like something from a blog, that a fan made. Is this the same artist they've had doing Hearthstone comics? Because Hearthstone has a simpler fanbase which allows for shoddyness but this is really shocking from a Warcraft piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I must say, panels 4 and 6 really look bad. They are in that limbo betwen faceless background characters, and actually trying to draw them some detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I must say, panels 4 and 6 really look bad. They are in that limbo betwen faceless background characters, and actually trying to draw them some detail.
    The art of this comic actually reminds me a lot of Peter Chung's work ("Æon Flux", "The Animatrix", etc.), very stylized with some exaggerated physicality in the characters' forms.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The art of this comic actually reminds me a lot of Peter Chung's work ("Æon Flux", "The Animatrix", etc.), very stylized with some exaggerated physicality in the characters' forms.
    Seems to be case, because thrall, garrosh and rexxar definately look better and more "natural" than human characters.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

It's like she's a Horde character. Morally grey
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Not sure if that's some fucked up attemp to make Jaina look good or if this is supposed to be one of those "all villains think they are the good guy" ironic undertone scenes, but this could really use some less cringy context.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-jaina-reunion

The whole comic is out, and it point blank is painting it as an unreliable narrator, as the obvious overthetop evil Thrall and Rexxar panel dictate.

Oh and nothing else happened, aside from Jaina having fucking awful anatomy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just holding out for good side stories at this point since the main one is gonna take a dive.

7+ Year Old Account

Dat Thrall tho
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rexxar looks even more psycho now holy shit
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    Rexxar looks even more psycho now holy shit
    It's obvious delusion to how she paints it in the her head.

She's definitely not fine in that rocker. but it's nice to see visual representation of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    "Best Written" kek.

You've got Genn and Rogers to hate the Horde, both of which are better than this trainwreck.
    How is Jaina a trainwreck?

Tell me, how is she inconsistent in any way regarding what has happened to her?

I am willing to admit her numerous hookups which are needless, especially Kalecgos, but still!

Mixed feelings about the art, but I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Not sure if that's some fucked up attemp to make Jaina look good or if this is supposed to be one of those "all villains think they are the good guy" ironic undertone scenes, but this could really use some less cringy context.
    Alliance hateing the horde is the most morally grey alliance we will get. Because taking responsibility for your shit decisions and actions put the alliance in a bad light.