Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    My only issue is that they make Admiral Proudmoore look like some punk-ass human who got taken out EZ-PZ, when in the campaign he was the toughest motherfucker in the game. Seriously, my group of three level 15 heroes with incredible gear wiped on this guy. Twice!
    Golden needed to show the Horde as monsters in this one, cant do that when the alliance guy can kill you 5 times over before you can do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    She knew the Horde is not some hivemind. Then the Horde turned around and proved her wrong. Every single time she gave them a second chance. Even peace loving Jaina would change her stance after everything that happened to her.
    But the Horde are constantly saving the world alongside the Alliance. They even turned on the Warchief who wronged her the most, she knows there are plenty of good people among them from her peacekeeping days, and many of the other characters around her seem to understand that the Horde aren't an inherently evil group, and that it's better to work with them than against them.

The whole revenge plot thing works in a closed-off world where one side only ever sees the other as an evil empire on the horizon, but WoW has always painted both factions as more nuanced than that, and the characters are aware of it. Jaina only being able to see things in such black and white terms paints her as either an idiot (which her prior characterisation has established she is not), or an incredibly damaged, emotionally stunted individual. That latter option does seem to be what they're going for, and that's a totally fine place to take a character, but again, it's been five years of nothing but the same one-note Jaina with no substantial exploration of this theme or additional depth beyond "I hate them because they wronged me". That's a really, really boring thing to do with a character who has the potential to be so much more. Either have her grow as a person and start coming to terms with her troubles, or actually dig into how messed up she is and tell a story about that.

Jaina is a character charged with emotional strife and rich storytelling potential, probably moreso than most other WoW characters, but it hasn't gone anywhere in years. What are we going to learn about Jaina as a person after this comic? That she hates the Horde because they were jerks to her and thinks empathy is a weakness? Okay. Great. Already knew that. What now?

Again, I have no idea what else is in the comic and I hope it's something with a little more depth than that, but unless they actually do break the mould with her it just feels like beating a dead horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Jaina is a character charged with emotional strife and rich storytelling potential, probably moreso than most other WoW characters, but it hasn't gone anywhere in years. What are we going to learn about Jaina as a person after this comic? That she hates the Horde because they were jerks to her and thinks empathy is a weakness? Okay. Great. Already knew that. What now?

Again, I have no idea what else is in the comic and I hope it's something with a little more depth than that, but unless they actually do break the mould with her it just feels like beating a dead horse.
    Jaina's adventure to Kul Tiras and her punishment/torture in Thros are kind of about coming to terms with her past, her present, and her future. The current Jaina is kind of twisting in the wind at the moment, unable to rectify her previous decisions with her current circumstances and kind of bouncing between self-loathing and externalized hatred. She gets some development later on in BfA as far as that goes, and seems to make steps towards reconciling who she is with who she was (without seeming as if she's turned herself inside out in the process).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Where did she fight them? Nowhere of any real importance. If she wasn't at the Broken Isles, she was wrong.
    You think the Legion were only at the Broken Isle? If you did all the artifact questlines you would be sent all over the world, and you'll see the Legion presence isn't limited to the Broken Isle. Fighting demons all over Azeroth do have importance, why wouldn't it?

I play Horde (well just Blood Elf, not a Horde fan:P) but i really like Jaina's character. She has been through so much, with all the things the Horde has done to her. I believe her anger is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    "Best Written" kek.

You've got Genn and Rogers to hate the Horde, both of which are better than this trainwreck.
    "Wahhh it's not like my WCIII! It'll never be as good! It's horrible writing because everything's changed since then!"

Tbh horrible writing is keeping the story and characters the exact same for 10+ years. Please don't ever write.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstars View Post
    Well yes you right. Then I hope she will amend that mistake by putting Rexxar down.
    Fuck you !! Rexxar is one of the few Horde characters still lawful good and isnt Alliance sympathetic. Besides killing the guy would be very difficult, at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still hold out help that Jaina would go back to her old ways again. She is still one of my favourite characters in WoW, (outside of Khadgar and Saurfang). But I do enjoy the journey she is on, as long as Blizzard don't make her a raid boss or something.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Jaina is fine. I like her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Golden needed to show the Horde as monsters in this one, cant do that when the alliance guy can kill you 5 times over before you can do anything.
    Well the blacker the horde is, the whiter her beloved jaina will appear.

The more they (and especially Golden) try to make Jaina sympathetic and misunderstood and show how she is the victim that had to endure so much the more I want to kill her and put her head on a spike outside of Orgrimmar.

I really hope that this guy is right about her, although unfortunately I can't see it happening as long as Golden is writing the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Deleted
    Maybe in this comic we'll get the explanation why Rexxar is suddenly full on Alliance hate and 'I'll kill Jaina, even if it's the last thing I ever do!' I mean, yes, he was Horde but he didn't come across as a fanatic lunatic until now, quite the contrary.

If this is the Attitude of Jaina now... this is no longer the Jaina I identified with. If she just becomes another "Screw Peace, Vengeance is Mine!!" I'm done.

I love that Jaina is finally getting more attention. Looks like she wasn't just pouting during Legion, but off being a badass and helping in her own way, which is nice. Jaina has every reason to hate the Horde now and is one of the most sympathetic character in all of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Fuck you !! Rexxar is one of the few Horde characters still lawful good and isnt Alliance sympathetic. Besides killing the guy would be very difficult, at the very least.
    You seen his new datamined dialog text? Also regular warrior/hunter with bear pet is nothing compare to best frost mage on Azeroth.

Do we really need yet another reminder of Jaina's growing desires for genocide and concentration camps? We'll be sure to have months of chat-boxes of that in BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwatch View Post
    Do we really need yet another reminder of Jaina's growing desires for genocide and concentration camps? We'll be sure to have months of chat-boxes of that in BFA.
    But, but, but she has reeaaasoooons ! Don't you feel sorry for her.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    While it's a nice start, here's hoping we have a comic for the Horde as well, perhaps following a troll, we are going to Zandalar after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    While it's a nice start, here's hoping we have a comic for the Horde as well, perhaps following a troll, we are going to Zandalar after all.
    Actually im almost sure 2 other comics will be nathanos and anduin. I don't really see them focusing on anything else.

Actually im almost sure 2 other comics will be nathanos and anduin. I don't really see them focusing on anything else.
    But is the world ready for 3 comics full of human potential?
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.