Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

The worgen flirt is heteronormative.

Hello everyone,

I noticed something about the female worgen flirt in BfA. It says “I’m looking for a man that prefers natural beauty.”

This excludes anyone that doesn’t want to say get with a man, like for example if an RPer wanted to roleplay their female worgen as one that wanted to get with other worgen of the same gender or different identities. I think a suitable alternative would be I’m looking for a “mate” or a “lover” that prefers natural beauty. It’s inclusive towards everyone and solves this issue! What do you think?

Edit: I also think it would be a good idea in BfA to add more robes for male characters, because some people might want to play a male warrior in a plate robe.
    Last edited by united; 2018-05-22 at 02:13 PM.

The gnome emotes also assume that you can walk, we should also cater for wheelchair bound gnomes as well.

Seriously - it is a game, if we cater for all 77 (or what ever it is now) genders - the devs will be busy on emotes for BfA for the next 10 years.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    There are only 2 genders so.

ultimately, the emotes are not really anything to go by about your character.

YOU choose who your character is.

- - - Updated - - -

and for the love of god, no more robes. robes are garbage in this game.

*sigh*

It's the character saying the joke, assume that she's hetero and you won't have to bother your bright mind with this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    warrior in a plate robe.
    Listen, Im all for people doing whatever they want in their own free time but this is the worst part of your little rant. A ROBE made of plate? They are PLATES SMH.

7+ Year Old Account
    solves this issue! What do you think?
    Non-issue for me and most.

Post on the official forums.

Worth a thought, though.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

The character creator also makes you choose a bodytype based on your gender. You should be able to choose a masculine, orcish body and still get the she pronoun

I can't tell if this is troll or Poe's law.

We should of never got to this point.

Hello everyone,

I noticed something about the female worgen flirt in BfA. It says “I’m looking for a man that prefers natural beauty.”

This excludes anyone that doesn’t want to say get with a man, like for example if an RPer wanted to roleplay their female worgen as one that wanted to get with other worgen of the same gender or different identities. I think a suitable alternative would be I’m looking for a “mate” or a “lover” that prefers natural beauty. It’s inclusive towards everyone and solves this issue! What do you think?
    Interesting observation. Decent solution in my book, though it's not terribly high on my personal list of concerns. As an avid roleplayer (much more at the tabletop than in WoW tbh), my observations suggest that WoW RPers tend to do whatever the hell they want and don't worry much about what the game does/doesn't provide.

Though actually, the nightborne female has a joke about wanting to know if Tyrande is single, so I presume if you really wanted to tackle this you'd have to address that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    There are only 2 sexes so.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    and for the love of god, no more robes. robes are garbage in this game.
    Meh, don't like em, don't wear em. Simple solution!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am absolutely infuriated that there are flirt emotes in the game at all. The very fact it enables people to openly force themselves on others and subject them to unwanted attention is sickening. You become an object of sin, lust and desire for those unable to control themselves.

This sort of objectification should be removed.

NO MEANS NO!

Ooh hello my dear, would you like to come to mine and drink some exotic wine?

Edit: I also think it would be a good idea in BfA to add more robes for male characters, because some people might want to play a male warrior in a plate robe.
    There is no such thing as a plate robe.

Deleted
    Yes well every flirt is heteronormative beside that one female nightborne that suggest they want to bang Tyrande. (Pro tip: burning down her home hurts your chances)

I say they just get rid of emotes altogether. That way no one gets anything so we're all included.

Play Overwatch then if you're that concerned about misrepresentation.

Blizzard actually endorsed a lesbian character and her being in relationship. Full on. They even went out of their way to visually show her love for the female form.

I'd worry about other things in the game of Worgen, like a HD model then an outdated joke that isn't representative of the current social climate considering that joke was made nearly 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-05-22 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    There is no such thing as a plate robe.
    Plate robes have been in the game since vanilla. Plate robes are a valid fashion choice. You don't get to dictate what my robe is made of. #makeloungewearmetalagain

10+ Year Old Account
    i think this is a non issue and i think plate robes make no sense
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

because some people might want to play a male warrior in a plate robe.
    Who are these people?

Besides robes look hideous in this game in fact we need less robes for casters and more pants.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 8/8.

Also, on the topic of plate robes, they're just robes with plate armor attached to it. I don't get how it's so hard to grasp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Who are these people?

Besides robes look hideous in this game in fact we need less robes for casters and more pants.
    I demand shorter skirts!

there are 2 genders and homosexuality is a mental disorder