Poll: World of Warcraft 2?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    So expacs are capable to create a WoW with action combat, a modern graphics engine and state-of-the-art mass market game systems?
    Can people who want "action combat" go play guild wars, tera or black desert online instead and leave wow alone? Not everyone likes "action combat" to be stuffed in every game possible. Those who like it already probably moved to the games who provide it.

And it's not true action combat is a must in modern games, from X-com to Divinity: Original Sin 2 there are games that utilize slower paced combat to a good effect.

We talk about a game with a game engine from 2005, which was only slightly improved, with a lot of limitations from those days. WoW being state of the art was 2005-2010, but not 2018 anymore.

I believe a state of the art MMORPG could attract a lot of new players. In special if blizzard gets rid off the traditional MMORPG design, and add things which adress the everyday gamer.
    Seriously, man, go play Overwatch, if you want "game that appeals to new player and gets rid of the traditional MMORPG design". People still play Runescape and Maple Story and Everquest and Lotro and all the "old school" games that survive despite outdated graphics. They have their niche audience. Ditching your loyal playerbase for the fickle "new player" is a recipe for disaster.

There's this golden rule of business to aim to appeal to your target audience / consumer base instead of trying to "appeal to everyone", if you try to appeal to everyone you end up appealing to no one.

Look at destiny 2, they tried to make MMO but super casual friendly, action packed and whatnot, in the end people quit because they got bored. They didn't get hooked in.

People play WOW because they signed up for a themepark MMORPG. You don't buy tickets to a swimming pool and expect it to have car racing inside.

WoW endured the test of time, and not that many other games can boast the same. Ok, now we have a rush for battle royale and zombie survival games, let's see if any of them are still played in big numbers after 14 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I think they should do a gold and level and possible lore reset
    Yeah "gold reset" in a world where Blizzard is milking heavy dollah every month from people buying gold in wow 20$ a bunch. Let's shoot the chicken that lays golden eggs.

Lore hasn't ended yet, when it does, nuke entire Azeroth and we shall be survivors who fled to another universe and there we begin a new adventure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    They are dead. I mean how many studios are pushing MMOs and how excited is the market for them? Dead in a business sense doesnt mean non-existent it means lacking proper growth to out run inflation and maintain the desired profit margin at the same time so investors yet returns along with the company.. The current market that does that is pretty anchored in the past.
    The market is saturated and it's a huge and risky investment to make one. It's not that players don't want new MMO's, it's that they have to be exceptional to take them away from the one/s they are already invested on, and that is difficult to deliver at this point.

So, like you say, there aren't enough new players/demand to lower the risk of making a new one and get return on investment.
    But, the market is still huge. Like, you wanna say dead in terms of growth, i can agree with that, but it's still a huge ammount of money being made and players playing. So, it's not dead in the way that it isnt making a profit for the companies already in the market.

Also worth noting that while the words "dead genre" get thrown around alot, it is actually growing significantly on console atm.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-05-23 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The market is saturated and it's a huge and risky investment to make one. It's not that players don't want new MMO's, it's that they have to be exceptional to take them away from the one/s they are already invested on, and that is difficult to deliver at this point.

So, like you say, there aren't enough new players/demand to lower the risk of making a new one and get return on investment.
    But, the market is still huge. Like, you wanna say dead in terms of growth, i can agree with that, but it's still a huge ammount of money being made and players playing. So, it's not dead in the way that it isnt making a profit for the companies already in the market.

Also worth noting that while the words "dead genre" get thrown around alot, it is actually growing significantly on console atm.
    I can get on board with that. I mean personally I think it would be good for it to go away for just a little while but that's just me. Allow it to reinvent itself instead of endlessly clone itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would WoW 2 look like? people suggest better graphics, but aren't they already doing that? Models are updated, as are shadows, water, environment, and UI.

Would it be a different combat system? Different social system (no factions)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    What would WoW 2 look like? people suggest better graphics, but aren't they already doing that? Models are updated, as are shadows, water, environment, and UI.

Would it be a different combat system? Different social system (no factions)?
    I think most people who talk about WoW 2 want it for one of two main reasons, maybe even both reasons:

1. They feel like WoW has quite simply run out of stories to tell. With all the RTS baddies dead, the entire Garrosh arc wrapped up, and now the Burning Freaking Legion being dismantled. No doubt the amount people feeling this way have increased with the latest expansion being in large part a new coat of paint on what MoP did.

2. And then there's the people that hate WoW's art style and feel that a total relaunch in 2020 would mean Blizzard produces something in Unreal 4 with graphics on the level of Dad of War.

Aaaannnnddd there's probably the crazies that think WoW just needs to pull an FF14 and fire the entire dev team and relaunch, but I won't grace them with a number.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't think now is the time or that it was 'the time' for any of the other threads on this topic.

If Blizzard wants to introduce a new engine they can do so with an expansion. Why this simple concept escapes people is a mystery.

If WoW has run out of stories then it beats me how they'll come up with stories for a WoW 2.

The simple fact is that there's nothing that can't be done as part of a new expansion with the very thinnest of justifications why it's all changed. Or no justification at all when it comes right down to it.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-05-24 at 04:02 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I absolutely do not want a new engine. I LOVE the cartoony look of WoW, and I love it in Overwatch as well. It ages so well and looks wonderful.

Just compare two other games, Fortnite and PUBG, two of the biggest Twitch games atm. I don't like to play Fortnite and I find PUBG really funny. But visually, Fortnite is 100 times better and will age so much better than PUBG and I think the look of Fortnite is a big reason it became bigger, even though, in my opinion, it's a lot worse when it comes to gameplay.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

If WoW 2 were made making me start over all my characters from scratch, I would probably quit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    If WoW 2 were made making me start over all my characters from scratch, I would probably quit.
    I mean in all likelihood WoW2 would run alongside WoW. If we're talking EQ/EQ2 and not FF14 1.0/2.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

And yet we still have something like this:

If you put together all of your imagination, this is a squirrel.
    Bad example, the marmot model is updated in BfA.

Thanks for the update. No matter what, there are still old graphics in the game. In special in tbc content.
    Still, it shows just how much the graphics have changed.

If we got wow 2 would they still update wow 1?
    Can we carry over our wow 1 toon into wow 2?
    how long would a wow 2 take to make?
    would wow 2 be drastically different to wow 1, and if not what's the point of making wow 2 instead of expansions

Too many questions with answers that would alienate some to the game. I say just keep updating wow and leave the wow 2 'what if's' to the wow forums.

NO.

The people asking for WoW 2 because "graphics" are the same people who would move onto another game 6 months later when the new big thing in graphics comes out.

If WoW 2 came out, it would be the final reason I would need to quite WoW and the MMO genre for good.

The main reason I stick with WoW is because of my time invested for so long in this game and I still do enjoy it, even if not as much as I used to when I was younger. But I have already told myself I will not be starting or getting involved in any new MMO's, WoW 2 or otherwise, again.

Either WoW2 or current wow with an entirely new game engine. The current engine is reaching its limits.

I dont really want Wow 2. But if they were to create a new mmo in a different creative universe, with similar wow-like core gameplay, I would totally try it out.

I think that ship has sailed when they pulled the plug on their new MMO and transformed it into a shooter game.

The only reason I could see this happening would be to build the game with console in mind from the start.

But they would cannibalize themselves.. a lot of people just spent too much time leveling and collecting stuff in WOW to move on to another MMO, so they would have to keepc current WOW alive as well.

But then again, it's pretty much what Classic will be.

Every day is a different thread asking this, just fuck off already.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet we still have something like this:

If you put together all of your imagination, this is a squirrel.
    except that this is the squirrel model

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..