Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Playstation State Of Play (Starts in 35min's) [Megathread]

Seems its kinda like Nintendo's Direct and it starts in 35min's on Their Twitch,Youtube and main website.

https://www.twitch.tv/playstation

Its going to have PS4 and PSVR game reveals and info.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Meh nothing so far for PS4 that interests me other than CTR but that's something already known about.

As for VR. Still an overhyped gimmick imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meh nothing so far for PS4 that interests me other than CTR but that's something already known about.

I just got me a VR headset on the cheap so I'm kinda looking forward to a few of those games.

Also Five Nights at Feddy's VR.....lol
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I just got me a VR headset on the cheap so I'm kinda looking forward to a few of those games.

Also Five Nights at Feddy's VR.....lol
    That game series never did much for me.

But man if this is all Sony have so far I'm a bit disappointed. Especially since they aren't attending E3 this year.

That game series never did much for me.

But man if this is all Sony have so far I'm a bit disappointed. Especially since they aren't attending E3 this year.
    Its just a small Sony (Nintendo) Direct so I didn't really expect any big announcements.

Its just a small Sony (Nintendo) Direct so I didn't really expect any big announcements.
    I'd expect something with them not attending E3.

Doesn't help the voice announcing all of it sounds dreary and robotic.

And if MS end up pulling a rabbit out of the hat at E3 then Sony will regret not attending. Imo they've gotten a little arrogant about this console gen but just my 2 cents.

Of course there's still loads of great stuff on the way for PS4 this year.

Aren't they also planning to be absent from E3? So this is their solution... Like Blizzcon and Nintendo Direct ... but .. not quite.

To be in the spotlight, you first need a spotlight

I'd expect something with them not attending E3.

Doesn't help the voice announcing all of it sounds dreary and robotic.

And if MS end up pulling a rabbit out of the hat at E3 then Sony will regret not attending. Imo they've gotten a little arrogant about this console gen but just my 2 cents.

Of course there's still loads of great stuff on the way for PS4 this year.
    They still have PSX this year and even at the end they said this was just the first "Episode" and there will be more throughout the year. This was clearly just them testing the waters on doing their own direct setup.

Personally I am interested in most of the VR stuff they showed but hey that's me.

We are in March so this was clearly not going to be their "E3" replacement video.

Just saw this thread but this never should of been hyped as a thing like Nintendo Directs... This shit is ran by the PS Blog people so you should expect PS Blog type content and that's exactly what you got.

Most of that was boring as fuck. Only thing that interested me in the slightest was Concrete Genie. All the VR stuff looked gimmicky and silly as always.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Just saw this thread but this never should of been hyped as a thing like Nintendo Directs... This shit is ran by the PS Blog people so you should expect PS Blog type content and that's exactly what you got.
    Oh to be clear I wasn't trying to hype it up that way.

I got what I expected personally and that was mostly VR announcements.

Nothing about Dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Nothing about Dreams?
    Nope.

Dreams is a meme at this point it seems.

Nope.

Dreams is a meme at this point it seems.
    Dreams just had a closed Beta early this year.

I was in it.

Meme it is not. Some dude even literally remade PT in dreams, but pretty sure the videos where taken down because he broke NDA. But it was literally a 1:1 perfect recreation.

There is nothing fake about Dreams, but it also needs to be launched carefully because it's not a game. It's a creation tool. If people where blown away by Mario Maker when it first launched they really have no idea what they're in for with this. Pretty sure that's why they are gonna launch it in early access later this year- because they need people to make content for it to be marketable to people not using it to create.

So outside of CTR and that Robot Entertainment game everything else seems to be VR?

So judging by Sonys usual MO for peripherals and experiments this looks like their make or break push for PSVR before it goes the way of the Eye Toy or PS Move.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep another half a year or year of support then it will die off, VR in general just needs more horsepower to be actually a thing besides some rich tech hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So judging by Sonys usual MO for peripherals and experiments this looks like their make or break push for PSVR before it goes the way of the Eye Toy or PS Move.
    Not really.

Sony actually seems happy with the current sales of the VR.

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/playstat...op-4-2-million
    PlayStation VR has officially sold-through more than 4.2 million units, manufacturer Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

Sony last announced that PlayStation VR sales reached three million units in August 2018, meaning that 1.2 million units were sold in the past seven months.

PlayStation VR first launched in October 2016.
    If they wasn't they would stop reporting the sales numbers of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    yep another half a year or year of support then it will die off, VR in general just needs more horsepower to be actually a thing besides some rich tech hobby.
    No chance it dies off in a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really.

Sony actually seems happy with the current sales of the VR.

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/playstat...op-4-2-million

If they wasn't they would stop reporting the sales numbers of it.

- - - Updated - - -

No chance it dies off in a year.
    major support for it will, with the PS5 coming and the slower sales of the thing in general compared to the massive userbase that PS4 has its bad.
    But anyway put my 2 cents in and leaving it at that.

Same. When I was a kid I imagined something like VR would be the future. Now it's here I don't want it.